Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredinstagrammer29

I love a little glass of red or white but my job is too demanding to not be on the ball during the week. So I salivate mon-Wed, I’m frothing at the mouth by thur, have a glass Friday and KO by 10pm!
Together me and my partner will do one bottle fri-Sunday

Reactions: 1

tskiry56

I used to go out socially as a student and drink and then I had my son at 24 I then didnt really go out drinking much at all.
My ex used to go to the pub after work and then drive home.. it was that decision of his which ultimately ended our relationship as it was the catalyst to domestic violence.
Alcohol was also used as an excuse.. I do admit I did sometimes go out and then get drunk to try and forget what he did to me. But it messed so much with my head that I stopped drinking any alcohol plus i had my son to look after.
I now rarely drink because you dont need alcohol in your life to have fun.

Lovelylavenderface

Generally I don’t drink any alcohol each week. It’s quite rare that I’ll have a beer or some wine. Once per week. When I drink with friends I’ll have drinks though.

We try not to drink in the week but very rarely manage it. We usually end up sharing a couple of bottles of wine Thurs night. Then at the weekend we’ll drink about 4 bottles between us so I’d say we drink 3 bottles of wine each a week which I know is far too much 🙈 it doesn’t *feel* like it though if you know what I mean...it goes down very easily.
We are exactly the same. We did dry January (well nearly....) this year and I have to say I really enjoyed it. !! Trying to cut back now. We just love wine though .......🍷😊

Amber90

I drink, usually a bottle of wine on a Friday with my partner and maybe a gin on a Saturday. When I do go out I binge drink, I drink the most out of my friends (which makes me feel like a dick) it sometimes makes me quite anxious as I have depression and I am up and down. I scared myself recently as was drunk and fell over and blacked out (was on a new anti depressant which makes you feel like you've drank double). My family like to tell me I have a drink problem and my husband kind of tells me not to drink to feel better.. but I don't drink everyday etc. His Dad was an alcoholic and hes had drink issues in the past which he has overcame (on occasion can slip back). I wan't to be that person who can have 1 or 2. I do feel I drink to make me feel better and more confident and it's something I am now conscious of and trying to not depend on in social situations. I would say I enjoy sharing a bottle of wine in the house more than I enjoy going out and getting shitfaced now 🥴

Betty Bond

I normally drink wine indoors or out for a meal, pub on a Friday & Saturday with my husband. I’m a lightweight & get merry very fast 🤪
But now because of the corona Im going to up my intake & eat more chocolate! Until it passes 🍾🍾

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I hardly drank when I was 18-23 but then I got onto gin. I probably have two glasses of wine a week maybe a bottle every few months. My husband has had issues with drink so I try not to drink at home too much.

Mycuppatea

I don't drink regularly. I only really like good wine (but we can't afford it anymore) or real ale (and we don't go out) - so I maybe have one drink a month on average, and most of those adult beverages are at Christmas and Easter when we push the boat out.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I used to drink every weekend from my late teens until mid 20s. Always out in town at pubs and clubs quite a lot, mostly because my long term partner at the time was a big drinker and it got to the point we would clash because we couldn’t do anything together without alcohol being involved it seemed. Since we split, and I met my now husband and had children, I rarely drink. Sometimes we’ll have a couple of drinks at home once the kids are asleep and we’re chilling in front of the TV but it’s never excessive and it’s not every week. Or if it’s a special occasion and we’re out like a family function or something (again, rare as no one is willing to sit our children anyway).

ALittleStrange

I used to be a binge drinker. It caused me no end of problems. I had to stop when it was affecting my relationships.
I rarely drink these days. I might have one glass of beer/cider but that's it.

Hc68759

VIP Member
Nothing usually. We do have the occasional gin and tonic when at a restaurant or a special occasion though. Also when it’s a really sunny day we might have one in the garden. Other than that neither of us are bothered and a lot of our friends and family don’t drink either which makes it easier.
I used to drink and smoke a lot in my early to mid twenties but I just went off it one day

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
None. Just never got into it to begin with so I really don't like anything about it. Also being an introvert there's never been any peer pressure although I'm not someone who would succumb to that anyway.

BorisBear

VIP Member
sometimes nothing for weeks, then i'll have a blow out with friends a few times a year or go on holiday & get wrecked. I drank loads in my teens & 20's to last me a lifetime. I don't mind the odd glass of red.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I don’t drink often, maybe literally one or two drinks at home every month, often less than that. I’ll go out every couple of months and have 1-2 with a meal, or up to like 6 if I’m hitting the cocktails (my weakness). I like the buzz of a few drinks and the taste but I can take it or leave it. I hate the feeling of being wasted too

I come from a family of alcoholics and while their lives sadden me, it’s not the motivation for not drinking more. I just don’t feel a need to drink more, thankfully. Also honestly I’m tight with money and hate spending on any kind of liquid and alcohol is so expensive too

lexle

26 and don’t drink at all any more. Alcohol triggers migraines for me, even just one small drink, so it’s just not worth it. I do wish I could though

Holly2107

I’m 21 and rarely drink. My partner and I will go out for cocktails once in a few months but that’s about it. Drank a lot when I was in my teens and I’m sure that put me off for life 🙈

Keepitw0nky

Chatty Member
Mostly not at all, only occasionally in the summer if we do a bbq or sit on the local green area opposite the pub I’ll have a glass of cider. Having a deceased alcoholic parent will do that to you though, I didn’t want my children growing up around regular drinking.