How much alcohol do you drink a week?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We try not to drink in the week but very rarely manage it. We usually end up sharing a couple of bottles of wine Thurs night. Then at the weekend we’ll drink about 4 bottles between us so I’d say we drink 3 bottles of wine each a week which I know is far too much 🙈 it doesn’t *feel* like it though if you know what I mean...it goes down very easily.
We are exactly the same. We did dry January (well nearly....) this year and I have to say I really enjoyed it. !! Trying to cut back now. We just love wine though .......🍷😊

Reactions: 1
I used to be the original party girl. Went out every week sometimes twice a week. Had my baby 3 years ago and I barely drink t all anymore. I cant handle hangovers with a child that wakes at 6am every day, plus I just realised after over a year of not drinking at all (pre pregnancy, pregnancy then a bit after) I realised how much I actually hated feeling drunk and how much it made my anxiety and mood worse. I always used it as a crutch before not realising it was actually making me worse.

Reactions: 4
On an average week we probably share two or maybe three bottles of wine at home and then on one weekend night we’ll maybe have a bit more if we’ve been out for drinks and a meal. A bottle of wine between two over the course of an evening really doesn’t seem much (It’s a large glass and a half). It’s my one vice - have never smoked, taken drugs and we eat pretty healthily otherwise. We go through phases where we drink less and where we might drink more because of social events (and where we live in London you rarely drive anywhere so there’s usually never a reason not to have one or two).

I’m approaching 30 and hangovers are starting to be a thing (I only ever got them after a really heavy night!) so that might reduce the frequency a bit. As will babies in the next few years I am sure (is it bad I wonder if I’d rather be pregnant over Christmas or summer and what’s worse to miss out on!? 🤦🏼‍♀️)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm 24 and don't drink at all, never really been interested in it and would rather not feel rough haha.
My other half has probably one drink a month

Reactions: 2
I hardly drank when I was 18-23 but then I got onto gin. I probably have two glasses of wine a week maybe a bottle every few months. My husband has had issues with drink so I try not to drink at home too much.

I don't drink regularly. I only really like good wine (but we can't afford it anymore) or real ale (and we don't go out) - so I maybe have one drink a month on average, and most of those adult beverages are at Christmas and Easter when we push the boat out.

I used to drink every weekend from my late teens until mid 20s. Always out in town at pubs and clubs quite a lot, mostly because my long term partner at the time was a big drinker and it got to the point we would clash because we couldn’t do anything together without alcohol being involved it seemed. Since we split, and I met my now husband and had children, I rarely drink. Sometimes we’ll have a couple of drinks at home once the kids are asleep and we’re chilling in front of the TV but it’s never excessive and it’s not every week. Or if it’s a special occasion and we’re out like a family function or something (again, rare as no one is willing to sit our children anyway).

Nothing usually. We do have the occasional gin and tonic when at a restaurant or a special occasion though. Also when it’s a really sunny day we might have one in the garden. Other than that neither of us are bothered and a lot of our friends and family don’t drink either which makes it easier.
I used to drink and smoke a lot in my early to mid twenties but I just went off it one day

sometimes nothing for weeks, then i'll have a blow out with friends a few times a year or go on holiday & get wrecked. I drank loads in my teens & 20's to last me a lifetime. I don't mind the odd glass of red.

Normally a bottle or two a week. Unless I'm going out out then its alot more (really got out out. Maybe 2/3 times a year)
Used to go out thurs, friday and saturday when I was younger and get absolutely tit faced. Takes me a week to recover now 🙄

26 and don’t drink at all any more. Alcohol triggers migraines for me, even just one small drink, so it’s just not worth it. I do wish I could though

I used to go out socially as a student and drink and then I had my son at 24 I then didnt really go out drinking much at all.
My ex used to go to the pub after work and then drive home.. it was that decision of his which ultimately ended our relationship as it was the catalyst to domestic violence.
Alcohol was also used as an excuse.. I do admit I did sometimes go out and then get drunk to try and forget what he did to me. But it messed so much with my head that I stopped drinking any alcohol plus i had my son to look after.
I now rarely drink because you dont need alcohol in your life to have fun.

I’m 21 and rarely drink. My partner and I will go out for cocktails once in a few months but that’s about it. Drank a lot when I was in my teens and I’m sure that put me off for life 🙈

I used to drink a lot but my partner used to work in the pub trade then and he used to work Fridays and Saturday nights so I used to have a bottle of wine on each of those nights.

He has a 9-5 job now though so thankfullyI have stopped meeting him from work in the week for drinks and drinking on. my own at weekends! Also my god recently the alcohol has given me two day hangovers where I am throwing up till 10pm the day after.

But probably have a couple of glasses a wine a week maybe now?

I drink, usually a bottle of wine on a Friday with my partner and maybe a gin on a Saturday. When I do go out I binge drink, I drink the most out of my friends (which makes me feel like a dick) it sometimes makes me quite anxious as I have depression and I am up and down. I scared myself recently as was drunk and fell over and blacked out (was on a new anti depressant which makes you feel like you've drank double). My family like to tell me I have a drink problem and my husband kind of tells me not to drink to feel better.. but I don't drink everyday etc. His Dad was an alcoholic and hes had drink issues in the past which he has overcame (on occasion can slip back). I wan't to be that person who can have 1 or 2. I do feel I drink to make me feel better and more confident and it's something I am now conscious of and trying to not depend on in social situations. I would say I enjoy sharing a bottle of wine in the house more than I enjoy going out and getting shitfaced now 🥴

I normally drink wine indoors or out for a meal, pub on a Friday & Saturday with my husband. I’m a lightweight & get merry very fast 🤪
But now because of the corona Im going to up my intake & eat more chocolate! Until it passes 🍾🍾

Wine makes me pissed in about 5 seconds! Especially Prosecco! It also makes me love a debate, become argumentative and a banging headache the day after!

Generally I don’t drink any alcohol each week. It’s quite rare that I’ll have a beer or some wine. Once per week. When I drink with friends I’ll have drinks though.

I've recently been out with my friend for a night out that's first time I've drunk in two years.im in my 30s I get bought bottles of wine every birthday but they are collecting in the cupboard as I'm not a drinker.id rather sit with a nice cuppa and no hangover the next day