Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for 11 years. I wish I could have a couple of drinks to relax but I never could so that’s just a fantasy!!

Reactions: 16

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
that’s brilliant though you’ve done so well!
Thank you. I did it through the AA 12 steps, and continue to do it. It really is one day at a time. If anyone feels like they have a problem then I couldn’t encourage them enough to go to a meeting

Reactions: 6

Kat5998

VIP Member
I’m 21 and I don’t drink at all! However I do feel slightly isolated from people my age because that’s all they do

hrh89

VIP Member
Sorry if there is already a thread for this. I just wondered how much you all drink a week?

In my early twenties I drank a lot (social binge drinking I guess. Pubs and clubs ect) , then I went many years where I only drank a few times a month. Now I can drink 3 or 4 bottles of wine a week. I am going through a real rough time right now and I fully admit I’m using it as a coping method.

So, do you drink for fun? To cope? To increase confidence? To relax? To forget? Etc

Last edited:

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
We try not to drink in the week but very rarely manage it. We usually end up sharing a couple of bottles of wine Thurs night. Then at the weekend we’ll drink about 4 bottles between us so I’d say we drink 3 bottles of wine each a week which I know is far too much 🙈 it doesn’t *feel* like it though if you know what I mean...it goes down very easily.

Reactions: 4

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I used to be the original party girl. Went out every week sometimes twice a week. Had my baby 3 years ago and I barely drink t all anymore. I cant handle hangovers with a child that wakes at 6am every day, plus I just realised after over a year of not drinking at all (pre pregnancy, pregnancy then a bit after) I realised how much I actually hated feeling drunk and how much it made my anxiety and mood worse. I always used it as a crutch before not realising it was actually making me worse.

Reactions: 4
Don’t drink at all unless I’m at an event where other people are drinking, weddings, birthdays etc. Can’t drink with dinner or it puts me off food. It’s funny, my mum, dad and brother could take or leave alcohol and I’m the exact same. Whereas my boyfriends family all love a good drink and my boyfriend loves to drink but we’ve been together 6 years now and he’s calmed down a lot, he usually only drinks on occasion or when he’s out with his friends. A bottle or two of beer in the house here & there.

Reactions: 3

spiderpig

I'm 24 and don't drink at all, never really been interested in it and would rather not feel rough haha.
My other half has probably one drink a month

Reactions: 2

Lanie

VIP Member
My husband and I go out once month without the kids and I have about 3-4 glasses of wine. I generally don't drink much more than that and that's mainly because I've never been a in house drinker, more social. I used to drink more at uni but I think that was just the lifestyle back then as thinking back before that I only really drank about the same as I do now. PS I went to uni when i was 20.

Scvee13

I don't drink at home, only if I'm going out for dinner or for a night out.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I used to be a real party girl. In my late teens and 20s I used to go out 2 or 3 times a week and get rat arsed. I was young, I had fun but the hangovers were getting ridiculous so I stopped going out so much when I was about 27. Then when I was 28 I stopped altogether. That was 12 years ago, I still go out and have fun and can honestly say I don't miss it at all.

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Maybe a koppaberg or a few glasses of wine once a month on a Friday night. If I’m going out I’ll usually get quite tipsy, but I’d say I go ‘out out’ once every few months. Compared to all my friends I definitely drink the least, but I grew up with an alcoholic parent so I’m really wary of drinking in the house or midweek.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Not much at all. I've never been a big drinker, my dad had drinking problems and my uncle is an alcoholic so I think that is why I have never really liked it. Even in high school/uni I never got drunk.

If we go out for dinner, which we do once a week or so, I will maybe have a cocktail (love Sangria, Aperol Spritz, Margaritas, and any with rum) but not all the time. At home, we will maybe have a glass of wine with dinner on a Friday but I am not the biggest fan and only like some reds, haha.

So I would say probably only twice a month, if that.

Trixabellee9393

I don’t tend to drink at home other than Christmas when the mulled wine flows! Or my birthday when I get a bottle of baileys. Other than that probably once a month when I meet up with friends and have 2/3 cocktails xx

SavvyBee

VIP Member
On an average week we probably share two or maybe three bottles of wine at home and then on one weekend night we’ll maybe have a bit more if we’ve been out for drinks and a meal. A bottle of wine between two over the course of an evening really doesn’t seem much (It’s a large glass and a half). It’s my one vice - have never smoked, taken drugs and we eat pretty healthily otherwise. We go through phases where we drink less and where we might drink more because of social events (and where we live in London you rarely drive anywhere so there’s usually never a reason not to have one or two).

I’m approaching 30 and hangovers are starting to be a thing (I only ever got them after a really heavy night!) so that might reduce the frequency a bit. As will babies in the next few years I am sure (is it bad I wonder if I’d rather be pregnant over Christmas or summer and what’s worse to miss out on!? 🤦🏼‍♀️)

Last edited:

Noname12345

Chatty Member
As a rule, I don't drink. I have a half a pint here or there, maybe once a month.
I had 4 cocktails on Sunday but that's super rare. Last time I had few drinks was in September /October.

Reactions: 1

ponyta

Stopped drinking when I was 23 because I was unable to draw the line of where was 'too much'. Now a few years down the line I will have the odd drink every now and then, but can be months between and mostly in the house rather than going out drinking.

Amber90

Wine makes me pissed in about 5 seconds! Especially Prosecco! It also makes me love a debate, become argumentative and a banging headache the day after!