How much alcohol do you drink a week?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if there is already a thread for this. I just wondered how much you all drink a week?

In my early twenties I drank a lot (social binge drinking I guess. Pubs and clubs ect) , then I went many years where I only drank a few times a month. Now I can drink 3 or 4 bottles of wine a week. I am going through a real rough time right now and I fully admit I’m using it as a coping method.

So, do you drink for fun? To cope? To increase confidence? To relax? To forget? Etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for 11 years. I wish I could have a couple of drinks to relax but I never could so that’s just a fantasy!!

Reactions: 16
As a rule, I don't drink. I have a half a pint here or there, maybe once a month.
I had 4 cocktails on Sunday but that's super rare. Last time I had few drinks was in September /October.

Reactions: 1
My husband and I go out once month without the kids and I have about 3-4 glasses of wine. I generally don't drink much more than that and that's mainly because I've never been a in house drinker, more social. I used to drink more at uni but I think that was just the lifestyle back then as thinking back before that I only really drank about the same as I do now. PS I went to uni when i was 20.

Reactions: 2
I don't drink at home, only if I'm going out for dinner or for a night out.

Maybe a koppaberg or a few glasses of wine once a month on a Friday night. If I’m going out I’ll usually get quite tipsy, but I’d say I go ‘out out’ once every few months. Compared to all my friends I definitely drink the least, but I grew up with an alcoholic parent so I’m really wary of drinking in the house or midweek.

I love a little glass of red or white but my job is too demanding to not be on the ball during the week. So I salivate mon-Wed, I’m frothing at the mouth by thur, have a glass Friday and KO by 10pm!
Together me and my partner will do one bottle fri-Sunday

Reactions: 1
Not much at all. I've never been a big drinker, my dad had drinking problems and my uncle is an alcoholic so I think that is why I have never really liked it. Even in high school/uni I never got drunk.

If we go out for dinner, which we do once a week or so, I will maybe have a cocktail (love Sangria, Aperol Spritz, Margaritas, and any with rum) but not all the time. At home, we will maybe have a glass of wine with dinner on a Friday but I am not the biggest fan and only like some reds, haha.

So I would say probably only twice a month, if that.

I don’t tend to drink at home other than Christmas when the mulled wine flows! Or my birthday when I get a bottle of baileys. Other than that probably once a month when I meet up with friends and have 2/3 cocktails xx

I used to be a real party girl. In my late teens and 20s I used to go out 2 or 3 times a week and get rat arsed. I was young, I had fun but the hangovers were getting ridiculous so I stopped going out so much when I was about 27. Then when I was 28 I stopped altogether. That was 12 years ago, I still go out and have fun and can honestly say I don't miss it at all.

Don’t drink at all unless I’m at an event where other people are drinking, weddings, birthdays etc. Can’t drink with dinner or it puts me off food. It’s funny, my mum, dad and brother could take or leave alcohol and I’m the exact same. Whereas my boyfriends family all love a good drink and my boyfriend loves to drink but we’ve been together 6 years now and he’s calmed down a lot, he usually only drinks on occasion or when he’s out with his friends. A bottle or two of beer in the house here & there.

Reactions: 3
I’m 21 and I don’t drink at all! However I do feel slightly isolated from people my age because that’s all they do

that’s brilliant though you’ve done so well!
Thank you. I did it through the AA 12 steps, and continue to do it. It really is one day at a time. If anyone feels like they have a problem then I couldn’t encourage them enough to go to a meeting

We share a bottle of wine a week. When we go out for a meal, I'll have one large wine.

I don’t drink often, maybe literally one or two drinks at home every month, often less than that. I’ll go out every couple of months and have 1-2 with a meal, or up to like 6 if I’m hitting the cocktails (my weakness). I like the buzz of a few drinks and the taste but I can take it or leave it. I hate the feeling of being wasted too

I come from a family of alcoholics and while their lives sadden me, it’s not the motivation for not drinking more. I just don’t feel a need to drink more, thankfully. Also honestly I’m tight with money and hate spending on any kind of liquid and alcohol is so expensive too

We try not to drink in the week but very rarely manage it. We usually end up sharing a couple of bottles of wine Thurs night. Then at the weekend we’ll drink about 4 bottles between us so I’d say we drink 3 bottles of wine each a week which I know is far too much 🙈 it doesn’t *feel* like it though if you know what I mean...it goes down very easily.

Reactions: 4
Maybe a glass of wine in the evening once the kids are in bed if my husband isn’t working or on call. Other than that we try to get out at least once a month together and we might share a bottle.

I used to drink a lot in my 20s, binge drinking, social alcoholic. I suffer from depression and anxiety, possibly did then as well and the alcohol masked it, but drinking now makes me feel much, much worse the next day. I also suffer badly with vaginal thrush and tee total is the only way to keep it under control - that and eating zero sugar. Well of course I'm a chocoholic! And I do drink, just not very often. It's still definitely a social crutch for me, but not something I've ever felt the need to do when I'm on my own.