Home decor ideas/ furniture/ making our homes into lush cosy palaces!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Already loving this thread , thanks for starting it.
I’ve just moved and I’ve realised why my house seems a little drab. The walls are white and the floors are grey marble, so it’s quite cold feeling. It’s also open plan so I need a pop of colour. The whole place is open plan too so the colour has to flow through.

Reactions: 3
Already loving this thread , thanks for starting it.
I’ve just moved and I’ve realised why my house seems a little drab. The walls are white and the floors are grey marble, so it’s quite cold feeling. It’s also open plan so I need a pop of colour. The whole place is open plan too so the colour has to flow through.
I had a similar situation…so I zoned areas and used rugs to define. Used different textures and shades of the accent colour. Was good as able to accessorise for different seasons etc x

A lot depends on the room size, light and your personal style, but if in doubt then pull from patterned fabrics that include your colour, so for example, depending on the teal you have the attached suggests you could pull in navy blues, lighter blue/greens and greens, creams and whites and some warmer pops of a pinky red. Use that fabric as an accent (a cushion, a chair etc) and pull in other fabrics with texture or pattern for interest for soft furnishings.

Personally I would always stick to white for bedding, particularly with such a strong bed colour but then add a bedspread or throw and cushions for interest. I think it's classier than patterned bedding and also allows you to style it up easier.

Personally I hate most white wardrobes or wardrobes which stick out visually, it screams utility in a room you want to be calming. Mine are painted the same as our bedroom wall colour to try and make them disappear visually a little bit, they're floor to ceiling (an IKEA Pax hack which makes them look built in) and if they were white they would definitely bring the room in and make it feel smaller.

View attachment 1570900
Love Morris and Co

The lamp I ordered from Next was returned. Box was all bashed in so the shade was battered and it didn’t look great anyway.

Trying to find an alternative and currently quite like this one:
Depends what the three stars are for!

Reactions: 1
I need to paint the back of my front door. It's currently a disgusting dark brown colour. Would I use chalk paint or something else?
Frenchic. Did mine in lockdown and its still going strong!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can you use that on a composite door? And did you have to take off all the letterbox etc?
Have a look at the Frenchic fan forum on Facebook they have loads of advice. I just used masking tape around my letter box and handle.

Reactions: 2
Coming to this thread looking for a couple of recommendations please! I moved about 3 months ago, all my big bits of furniture are mostly sorted so I’m onto the more fun decorating/accessorising.

I’m on the hunt for neutral grey/Greige/beige curtains for my living room and have tried all the usual places but can’t find any I like! I did find the perfect fabric in John Lewis but it’s their made to measure ones and don’t really want to pay £400 for one pair of curtains. I don’t suppose anyone has any good curtain recs please? I’d prefer pencil pleat but would consider eyelets as they seem more widely available.

The second thing I’ve been looking for but can’t find is something for the wall of my office/spare room. Again have tried all the usuals but can’t find anything I love! Something colourful but not too out there as it would be my Teams background. Has anyone seen anything nice recently?

Also just want to rave about some bits of bedroom furniture I got from La Redoute and LOVE. I got the chest of drawers with 40% off and bedside table 25% and about 10% cash back - but still splurges!

Coming to this thread looking for a couple of recommendations please! I moved about 3 months ago, all my big bits of furniture are mostly sorted so I’m onto the more fun decorating/accessorising.

I’m on the hunt for neutral grey/Greige/beige curtains for my living room and have tried all the usual places but can’t find any I like! I did find the perfect fabric in John Lewis but it’s their made to measure ones and don’t really want to pay £400 for one pair of curtains. I don’t suppose anyone has any good curtain recs please? I’d prefer pencil pleat but would consider eyelets as they seem more widely available.

The second thing I’ve been looking for but can’t find is something for the wall of my office/spare room. Again have tried all the usuals but can’t find anything I love! Something colourful but not too out there as it would be my Teams background. Has anyone seen anything nice recently?

Also just want to rave about some bits of bedroom furniture I got from La Redoute and LOVE. I got the chest of drawers with 40% off and bedside table 25% and about 10% cash back - but still splurges!
Try Dunelm for curtains, think its the lara ones that are a lovely pencil pleat, you just need to order double the width of your actual windows and they are quite long but easily turned up with iron on hemming tape

I know this thread hasn’t been used for a while but I need help pleaseeee 🙏 so my living room is currently dark grey sofa, grey carpet, black, white and wooden/brown accents, I would like to add sage green panelling. I personally think this would look nice but my relative seems to think it might not go with the carpet? Opinions please? I’ve attached a photo from Pinterest which is the kind of vibe my living room is but mine has white walls, more greenery and sage green cushion covers. Thanks :)

Attachments

I know this thread hasn’t been used for a while but I need help pleaseeee 🙏 so my living room is currently dark grey sofa, grey carpet, black, white and wooden/brown accents, I would like to add sage green panelling. I personally think this would look nice but my relative seems to think it might not go with the carpet? Opinions please? I’ve attached a photo from Pinterest which is the kind of vibe my living room is but mine has white walls, more greenery and sage green cushion covers. Thanks :)
In my hall/stairs/landing I've got a sage green coat stand, oak wooden blinds and flooring with a grey rug and grey carpet up the stairs. The art work mixes sage green, grey, gold and black. So I think what you're suggesting will all go well together.

• Heart
sage green and green in general goes with everything - it's a neutral and if you've already got cushion covers and plants then you've proved them wrong! think a darker mauve pink would look good with those colours too

• Heart
I'm on the lookout for a new sofa, and I've been really drawn to the modern mid-century style. I'm thinking of buying this one. I like its clean lines, organic shapes, and functionality that feels trendy.

What kind of sofas do you guys like?