Home decor ideas/ furniture/ making our homes into lush cosy palaces!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come one come all and discuss paint colours, decor, lamp shades etc!

I’ll kick us off. I’m adding to my living room at the mo and eyeing up this Art Deco-ish mirror. We have some Art Deco touches already including vintage travel posters. The mirror would be going on a dark blue wall. Looking for a floor lamp now…

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for starting this thread, my whole house needs freshening up so I’m looking for ideas 🤯

Reactions: 3

I’ll kick us off. I’m adding to my living room at the mo and eyeing up this Art Deco-ish mirror. We have some Art Deco touches already including vintage travel posters. The mirror would be going on a dark blue wall. Looking for a floor lamp now…
That mirror is stunning - such a statement piece.

Sorry I will repeat the question from the previous thread 🙈

Does anyone have any recommendation for good european furniture sites? We'll start renovation soon and so far I have Kavehome, Westwing and Finnish design shop, but I'd like to find more that are similar. Nothing too luxurious, I just want to find some more inspiration and nice pieces. Something similar to Made, but they don't deliver to my location (and I'm also not sure about import duties from the UK).

Reactions: 1

Does anyone have any recommendation for good european furniture sites? We'll start renovation soon and so far I have Kavehome, Westwing and Finnish design shop, but I'd like to find more that are similar. Nothing too luxurious, I just want to find some more inspiration and nice pieces. Something similar to Made, but they don't deliver to my location (and I'm also not sure about import duties from the UK).
I’m not sure if they post to Europe but swooneditions.com have some really nice furniture. I bought a TV stand from there 2 years ago and i’m really happy with it.

any ideas on how to make my dark hallway light and airy please,there is no window. Moved in 9 months ago, carpet, light pendant and that mirror need to go after I’ve decided on what to replace with.
All ideas welcome
T.I.A

Attachments

Reactions: 2
any ideas on how to make my dark hallway light and airy please,there is no window. Moved in 9 months ago, carpet, light pendant and that mirror need to go after I’ve decided on what to replace with.
All ideas welcome
T.I.A
Lovely stairs! I’d say lighter paint is the best way- although painting hallways/ stair areas is a huge pain. Mirrors are good at bouncing light around but I reckon a lighter paint is the way to go.

Ooh and a big drop down funky light!!

Reactions: 9
All ideas welcome
T.I.A
I agree with the above. I think some light coloured paint will make such a big difference. Maybe a large mirror to replace the existing one and either a light coloured carpet/wooden floors.

07A414F7-B5C4-4E8F-B803-839FB3A6ECDB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
All ideas welcome
T.I.A
light paint, wooden stairs, light carpet runner maybe?
if wanting some colour or pattern i'd suggest half height panelling or something fun (wallpaper etc) on the ceiling
i think the black bannister would still work too! maybe match it with a black light and / or big mirror - the 60/30/10 rule generally keeps things balanced

Reactions: 5
All ideas welcome
T.I.A
Lighter carpet and a full length mirror would really open this up.

Next?
They deliver to loads of countries if I recall.
I actually ordered my Laura Ashley furniture from there.

This mirror is beautiful x

Reactions: 4
I used to find it hard to plan a room in full so I thought I'd share the best tip I was ever given/heard. Build your room from one item that you love. It could be a piece of art, an ornament, a plant pot, a chair or a cushion etc.
That will help you plan your colour palette.
All of my rooms have very neutral cream/off-white walls and the colour interest is brought in from other items.

This is my go to now and I've done several rooms that I'm really happy with. One from a multi coloured patchwork chair, one from the finials of a curtain rod, one from a sage green monks bench and the latest (in progress) and perhaps weirdest, from the woven hanging part of massive Turkish eye balls that I brought back from a holiday in 2007. The ceramic balls are long gone but I've had the cords hanging up for ages. Who knew they would lead to a whole room plan!

The latest room is slowly forming in my mind like a moodboard. From the hanging things, I got to the sofa bed and from there the bookshelf. I'm quite excited now!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
All ideas welcome
T.I.A
Do not get stair runner carpets. I have them and I bleeping hate them. The painted side bits show up every little bit of dust and paint chips . I clean mine every day and they still get dusty.. I genuinely hate mine. My house is open plan and they show up every single spec of dust. I’d used mirrors and lighting x

Reactions: 14
I bought a teal fabric bed…fell in love with it in the shop but I’m really struggling with the rest of my bedroom decor now. My wardrobes are white and grey and my walls are pale shell colour. Everything looks out of place now. Any suggestions for wall colours and bedding colours?