Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobinsky

Was just watching Holly’s latest video. Thought it was in very poor taste to suggest buying cheap dvds from charity shops and selling them on ebay for a lot more.
Talk about ripping people off and making money out of a charity shop.
Just thought it was quite a nasty idea.
Theres many people who actually do this for their job!

• Wow
Reactions: 6

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I do wonder what could be in her book that we don't already know or she's already told everyone in vlogs and her group etc
Well, one extra tip how to save money. Don't buy the book, but you have to buy the book to get that advice.

But I do agree, she has no content. Her bargain group is everyone else coming up with the bargains, couponing isn't really a big thing in the UK, and what there is she's already shared.

Her YouTube is so stale as well, every video is just what's new in store this month. Yawn!

• Heart

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I don’t have a problem with her but I don’t understand the ‘spend £100’ videos. You can easily spend £100 in these places - it just doesn’t make sense!?

memoii11

VIP Member
I don't think Callum looked very excited in the car in the announcement video! I wish them all the best though.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Couponing in Britain just isn't the same as the US. Coupon culture doesn't exist in the same way and you can get anywhere near as many/as good coupons in the UK.

Tricham

Chatty Member
I do like Holly and Callum a lot. However there are a few things about them that annoy me.
They do seem to think they are a cut above other youtubers and look down/judge others. Holly especially on her lives, takes the moral high ground when talking about other youtubers (not talking about the Inghams here as that is justified).
Also she claims she is very shy and socially awkward because of her autism. However she chats easily to fans and other youtubers etc. Is constantly doing lives and so on. As someone who has those traits, the way she displays isn’t consistent with that. I think possibly some exaggeration is going on.
To be fair - I have social anxiety (different I know but same sorta subject), but like many others, I can often come across as relaxed and chatty, when in reality it is because I'm trying to fit in and come across as 'normal'.. no one actually knows how anxious I'm actually feeling. Plus, I've always felt more at ease communicating online or on the phone than face to face - perhaps this is how Holly feels as well.
My husband is on the Autistic Spectrum, and he too likes his own space and is rather socially awkward - but he comes across as confident (and cocky!). Nobody really knows what's going on inside another person's head or how hard they've tried to get to where they are.

CactusCat

I agree, her content has tanked, I feel like all she shows lately is LOL plastic tat and those £100 challenges........I could spend £100 in any of those shops in under 10 minutes 😂 so hardly a challenge plus she doesn't even show all what she bought, its the same old, same old dull stuff
I really do like Holly but the £100 challenge, omg that is not a challenge to me,I look at money & it's gone 😆

• Haha

princesssparklepants

What amazed me was the 7 years from 17 (so 24) then another failed relationship (no time frame given) then meeting callum and getting together with him, getting serious enough to want a child and then time trying to conceive, it not working after a period of trying so being put on the ivf waiting list and first baby arriving at 25...! A lot happened in 24 to 25!

Tricham

Chatty Member
Shes not bloody autistic nor does she have chronic pain etc... she only uses her crutch when she remembers. I see her now and again and shes always hollering at her kids bending stretching and walking like a boss.
Can't quite believe how many likes this comment has got. I don't know about chronic pain but autism is close to home for me so don't really appreciate this comment.
If you're ignorant to certain conditions perhaps stay quiet as you may offend.

Attachments

D

Departed member 294

She seems nice enough.

But really, I hate these youtubers and their so called ‘bargains’. No, plastic tat you don’t need is not a bargain. It’s also terrible for the environment.

If anyone can recommend any youtubers who look at sustainable bargains (e.g ethically made clothing on sale etc) I would be really grateful. Or hell, if there’s no one maybe montymooTV will be a thing

Reactions: 5