Hilaria and Alec Baldwin #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like as producer he would ultimately be the one to blame for an unsafe set? Am I getting that right?

Reactions: 2
It seems like as producer he would ultimately be the one to blame for an unsafe set? Am I getting that right?
Yes and no. Ultimately he is responsible to make sure safety measures are put in place and a weapon expert is hired. They did have an armourer who was responsible for the weapons and making sure there is no live ammo on the set. The biggest question is still how and why there was live ammo.

Reactions: 3
Yes and no. Ultimately he is responsible to make sure safety measures are put in place and a weapon expert is hired. They did have an armourer who was responsible for the weapons and making sure there is no live ammo on the set. The biggest question is still how and why there was live ammo.
Thanks for that!

I keep wondering about the live ammo. It sounds like the set as a whole was very dodgy, probably to save money? The young woman hired as the armourer looked so painfully not suitable for the job it's crazy to know she had that important responsibility. A nepo hire, I understand, as her dad was a famous armourer in the industry...ugh.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for that!

I keep wondering about the live ammo. It sounds like the set as a whole was very dodgy, probably to save money? The young woman hired as the armourer looked so painfully not suitable for the job it's crazy to know she had that important responsibility. A nepo hire, I understand, as her dad was a famous armourer in the industry...ugh.
The live ammo thing is just mind blowing and I don’t think it was a cost cutting measure either. It could have been an accident or it could have been done on purpose for whatever reason. Insurance fraud etc. either way, given the circumstances I think Alec does have some responsibility and he did not help his own case with the way him and his birther wife behaved in the aftermath… he probably could bank on being acquitted if he didn’t act like the arrogant ass he is.

Reactions: 3
The live ammo thing is just mind blowing and I don’t think it was a cost cutting measure either. It could have been an accident or it could have been done on purpose for whatever reason. Insurance fraud etc. either way, given the circumstances I think Alec does have some responsibility and he did not help his own case with the way him and his birther wife behaved in the aftermath… he probably could bank on being acquitted if he didn’t act like the arrogant ass he is.
I know staff walked out before the shooting. I do wonder if some disgruntled person has something to do with the live rounds? Though I also heard they were used for target practice to shoot beer cans so who knows, there is so much muddled information out there.

Has there been a date set for the trial to start, or is that way off? Hoping it's televised and that Alec testifies, from a selfish, terrible internet gossip point of view.

I've read that he's trying to get one of the charges dropped, as the law has been amended since the incident took place. Trying to get off on a technicality is peak 'I take no accountability for this'. I'd be mentally tormented and pleading guilty if someone died by my hand in these circumstances. He'd get a suspended sentence and a fine. Tiny price to pay for a life taken.

as the law has been amended since the incident took place.
I dunno about in the US, but in the UK that doesn't matter¹ and they'll just proceed on the basis of what the law was at the time.

¹unless the legislation is utterly stupid, as happened with the Sex Offences Act here, where some people got let off because the law changed at midnight on a specific day, and if they couldn't prove exactly when the victim was assaulted they couldn't find them guilty under either law. The courts weren't happy about that.

So I kinda understand Halyna’s family but the lawsuit they files seems incredibly stupid to me. It’s also bad PR for them and the timing is really poor too. Any civil suit will have to wait until the criminal one is done and dusted…

The involuntary manslaughter charge was never going to hold up in court. They should have charged him negligence or something like that. Whoever charged him overreached and now thanks to double jeopardy, he can’t he charged again for the same thing…

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The involuntary manslaughter charge was never going to hold up in court. They should have charged him negligence or something like that. Whoever charged him overreached and now thanks to double jeopardy, he can’t he charged again for the same thing…
I thought double jeopardy only applied once you were acquitted in court?

That’s true I just saw they dropped charges. I mean… if they didn’t have enough to go to trial I highly doubt there is anything that shows he is guilty of manslaughter. He is guilty pf negligence and the correct strategy here would have been to charge him with negligence and build on that.

Imagine the set up for this photo. One of them comes up with the idea of cuddling up together with closed eyes to express their deep stress over the situation. They pose it. Someone takes it. They post it online for likes.

Fucked up world we live in.

Reactions: 28
Alec and "Hilaria" make me so uncomfortable. There is something so "off" about their whole deal.

Not surprised the manslaughter charge has been dropped as I agree with smirkingrevenge that such a charge was overreach. I do think he should be charged and sentenced over neglect though!

Reactions: 13