Hen do weekend advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey Everyone!

I'm desperately after advice tips or inspiration on how to book a hen do. I have no experience at all and my best friend is getting married soon and I have offered to take over the planning as cheif bridesmaid.

Somewhere in the UK with good nightlife and cool cocktail bars is the only thing she has asked for I'm completely stuck on what we can do to fill the time. We want to go away for 2 nights within 3 hours drive of Birmingham area and there will be around 8 people attending.

Any tips are welcome

Thanks 😘🍾

Reactions: 2
Hey Everyone!

I'm desperately after advice tips or inspiration on how to book a hen do. I have no experience at all and my best friend is getting married soon and I have offered to take over the planning as cheif bridesmaid.

Somewhere in the UK with good nightlife and cool cocktail bars is the only thing she has asked for I'm completely stuck on what we can do to fill the time. We want to go away for 2 nights within 3 hours drive of Birmingham area and there will be around 8 people attending.

Any tips are welcome

Thanks 😘🍾
I’ve been to bath and Bristol on hen dos, both were great.
Bath you also have the option of the spa during the day (which we did)

The Washbar in Manchester is so cool. You go through a washing machine and enter a speak easy. Quirky and amazing cocktails.

Reactions: 7
Manchester

-cocktail making session
- go to a spa
- something fun like paintballing/go-karting etc. The more bizzare the better!
- treasure hunt bar crawl

Personally, I'd think of a few options like what @BettyCrockerr has suggested - add dates, locations, pricing, etc., to them before presenting them all to the bride to mull over and decide what she would like to do.

Imagine a lovely long weekend away at a little self-contained cottage with dial-a-beauty-treatment type people popping in to treat you all, and meals being delivered? That would be my idea of bliss, but we're all different.

Edited to add:

... O.M.G. Gorgeous!!! :love:

1626141865639.png
1626141908501.png

Last edited:
Can you recommend any must do things/places to visit for Liverpool? It's definitely a contender 🙋🏼‍♀️

Ah thats such a great idea! Thanks 😊
There’s junkyard golf which is loads of fun, bongos bingo, concert square (which if the weather is nice always reminds me of being on holiday, Liverpool 1 for shopping, Albert dock, there’s an alchemist there which does a good cocktail making class. There’s escape rooms here, spas.
Really popular comedy club called hot water comedy club which is amazing.
There’s the cavern club too, to visit.

I’ll post some links so it’s easier for you.

There’s the oracle bar which is a cocktail bar with magicians and it is amazing.
A bar where you have to enter through a telephone box called ex directory.

https://www.junkyardgolfclub.co.uk/ (They sell alcohol here too)

https://www.hotwatercomedy.co.uk/ (loads of video on YouTube but it’s the best)

Hope that helps!! I guess it just depends what all you hens are in to x

Reactions: 4
I literally went through a website catering for hen dos when organising my best friend's to book a sports day as it was the only activity I couldn't work out how to do myself. Other than that, I organised a ghost walk, brewery tour, night out and a naked life drawing class. All in York.

My hen do was in bath. We had a lovely air b&b house a short walk from the city centre for 10 of us. Went to the thermal Baths and had a lovely meal/cocktails out. The second night we had a party/girlie sleepover in the house with games, booze and a butler in the buff (if that’s your sort of thing).

And I've heard its great for shopping and cocktail bars? Any top things to do there?
Check out Hatch,
Escape to freight island for music and drinks
The wash house secret cocktail bar
Cloud 23 at the Hilton is also mega for cocktails
Six by nico for a nice meal
Frog and bucket for comedy
Junk yard golf
Flight club for drunken darts
Karaoke booths to hire in China town
Black dog ball room is a bar/bowling alley

Personally, I'd think of a few options like what @BettyCrockerr has suggested - add dates, locations, pricing, etc., to them before presenting them all to the bride to mull over and decide what she would like to do.

Imagine a lovely long weekend away at a little self-contained cottage with dial-a-beauty-treatment type people popping in to treat you all, and meals being delivered? That would be my idea of bliss, but we're all different.

Edited to add:

... O.M.G. Gorgeous!!! :love:

View attachment 660166 View attachment 660167

I organised my sisters Hen a few years ago and we hired a big house (there was 20 of us) in the middle of nowwhere..... had an Asda home delivery and then the company we'd organised it through had different 'activities' we went for the cocktail making which was great fun.... and then a pamper session..... so nails/massage/pedicure etc....... then we did a 'themed' party night on the 2nd night..... it worked really well.... wasn't cheap so it would depend on everyones budget but it was just what my sister wanted all of her friends together.... we had such fun.....

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I went to a hen do in Liverpool a few years ago which was really good. We stayed in an apartment block, had a butler in the buff, boozy brunch, cocktail making class and went to a magic Mike type show. It was all booked through a stag & hen website too which made it easier for the organiser as we all just paid straight into the website.

Reactions: 1
I can’t really help with location but I think staying in an air B&B or similar would work better than staying in a hotel. Less restrictive and you don’t have to worry about noise or anything.

I have mine booked later in the year (third time lucky!) and we are staying in a big barn style house that sleeps 10. We’re going to do a food order for arrival day and everyone bring their own booze. Plans that I know of are games, drinking, swim in hot tub, bbq, afternoon tea and pamper evening. I think there’s some kind of activity planned for one of the days. Cost is £200 pp for 3 nights and then just food bill cost split between 10.

I’ve bought bits and bobs to make up a little “party bag” for everyone to show my appreciation for them coming and spending money!