Helen Anderson #25 poor fitting clothing and a separate bed, it’s not funny to laugh at the dead.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's here! New Helen thread, title courtesy of @roarke with 54 likes

Actually a very timely title as I feel there'll be a lot of talk about Helga & Danni's new podcast.

Many thanks to @Disneylifeonly for volunteering as a tribute, we look forward to know how tasteless this podcast really is.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ok, so my morning freed up unexpectedly, and I gave in and listened to Helen's podcast.

It is as bad as we expected - constant inappropriate giggling, tit sound effects, complete lack of research, insight or analysis... duck me!

From what I understand, the idea was for Helen to be the storyteller and for Danni to provide a genuine reaction - it doesn't work. Instead of preparing for the podcast, and telling the story in her own words, Helen reads off some bare-bones script that I doubt she wrote herself, and they listen to bits of documentaries. Their commentary rarely goes beyond screaming "WOT?!" and making dumb jokes. It is SO lazy and uninspired there's 0 of that "new spin" she boasted.

There were TWO ad breaks in the first half of the first episode!

The thing that shocked me most, was not even the absolute lack of empathy, but ZERO understanding of basic psychology. That, and the fact that Helen Anderson, the film buff, the true crime/horror connoisseur has never seen the Silence of the Lambs.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
You couldn't pay me enough to listen to her slobcast

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Ok, so my morning freed up unexpectedly, and I gave in and listened to Helen's podcast.

It is as bad as we expected - constant inappropriate giggling, tit sound effects, complete lack of research, insight or analysis... duck me!

From what I understand, the idea was for Helen to be the storyteller and for Danni to provide a genuine reaction - it doesn't work. Instead of preparing for the podcast, and telling the story in her own words, Helen reads off some bare-bones script that I doubt she wrote herself, and they listen to bits of documentaries. Their commentary rarely goes beyond screaming "WOT?!" and making dumb jokes. It is SO lazy and uninspired there's 0 of that "new spin" she boasted.

There were TWO ad breaks in the first half of the first episode!

The thing that shocked me most, was not even the absolute lack of empathy, but ZERO understanding of basic psychology. That, and the fact that Helen Anderson, the film buff, the true crime/horror connoisseur has never seen the Silence of the Lambs.
Shes never expressed an interest in true crime or horror movies but before the podcast release was like "I love horror films" no you don't stop lying. Never have I ever heard her talk about it. It was the same with Sky movies before she was advocating for that. How many times has that story been told as well? You can't make a well known story like that more "interesting" it's already been talked about to death. The fact that they're laughing as well is beyond me. Make it lighthearted, but at the end of the day its a true story and people lost their lives, show some respect... she will do anything for money to buy more tat she doesn't need. This has really annoyed me lol. What a new low.

Reactions: 15
Just listened to the first 5 minutes and already its awful, think I will stick to the morbid podcast (I highly recommend it if you want a proper true crime/murder/serial killer podcast over Helen and Dannis)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She sounds like me very badly trying to explain a movie I’ve watched to my long-suffering boyfriend, rambling on incoherently. She cannot tell a story to save her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Fell out of lurking Helen for a while, but this podcast business is so annoying!! I watch and follow Bailey Sarian, she does an audio boom series called "Dark Histories" which is amazing! She had her own true crime series with way before the podcast deal. I've always hoped for a UK equivalent and low and behold, old grubby helga manages to swing the deal and unsurprisingly it's a mess.
I think they've gone by image, Helen is "alt"🙄 tattoos etc same as Bailey. If they were hoping for a similar success they clearly didn't do their research, missed opportunity completely. Rant over! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm genuinely interested in the Joanne Dennehy case. The episode literally opened with a joke abt Ed Gein's victims? I can't cope with how horrific that would be if a victim's family stumbled upon it.
Also not even giving the author used a full name? Calling Joanne cute as a child? I hope this podcast gets ripped apart.

Reactions: 16
I saw that on Spotify the podcast is rated 3.7/5 with 69 ratings. :rolleyes: Way to high, especially after reading all the feedback here so far !

Reactions: 7
I saw that on Spotify the podcast is rated 3.7/5 with 69 ratings. :rolleyes: Way to high, especially after reading all the feedback here so far !
Have there been any actual reviews written? Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s asked friends and family to rate it just to boost it on its first day.

Reactions: 10
1646054846529.png

Hahaha - she actually said "criminologists" lol.

Did they really get help from experts, or just quoted experts from books/documentaries? Completely different things...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They’re glamorising murderers. Gross & crass.
Read the room you dickheads. There’s a reason why these days you’re asked to remember the victims and pay them respect, as killers often kill to be infamous! Don’t speak their name.

Also- she’s 30. Why is everyone her ‘best friend’?. After primary school is this a thing?
mY BeSt fRiEnD 🥴 loser.

Reactions: 18
Fell out of lurking Helen for a while, but this podcast business is so annoying!! I watch and follow Bailey Sarian, she does an audio boom series called "Dark Histories" which is amazing! She had her own true crime series with way before the podcast deal. I've always hoped for a UK equivalent and low and behold, old grubby helga manages to swing the deal and unsurprisingly it's a mess.
I think they've gone by image, Helen is "alt"🙄 tattoos etc same as Bailey. If they were hoping for a similar success they clearly didn't do their research, missed opportunity completely. Rant over! 😅

At least Bailey is a well-read true crime enthusiast who delivers the facts like she's sharing it with her mates. Helen is never going to be Bailey - for one she doesn't work hard.

They’re glamorising murderers. Gross & crass.
Read the room you dickheads. There’s a reason why these days you’re asked to remember the victims and pay them respect, as killers often kill to be infamous! Don’t speak their name.

Also- she’s 30. Why is everyone her ‘best friend’?. After primary school is this a thing?
mY BeSt fRiEnD 🥴 loser.
*Me feeling attacked that I call my boyfriend my best friend* 🤣

Reactions: 4
Did they really get help from experts, or just quoted experts from books/documentaries? Completely different things...
They play A LOT of audio clips that I assumed were taken from documentaries. I'm not well versed in the true crime genre so did not recognise anything specific, unfortunately.
I have to say, using those clips in the podcast was a major mistake on their part - bits of eloquent speech and proper storytelling just emphasize that the hosts act like they're 12. Honestly, I get dark and edgy humour, but they're not even making clever, albeit morbid jokes. Both Helen and Danni just cackle and scream "she's so annoyiiiing" (about a woman who killed 3 people). It's not endearing, it's twatty.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.