Helen Anderson #17 is divorced, is a smoker, is ready for Fiwl to impreg with his poker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20210415-213615.png

Screenshot_20210415-213628.png

Screenshot_20210415-213641.png

Screenshot_20210415-213652.png

Screenshot_20210415-213702.png

Screenshot_20210415-213712.png

Screenshot_20210415-213724.png

1. She tells people to just do it.

2. She says she can't stop raving about antidepressants

3. She says you're wasting the potential to feel better just waiting and thinking about taking them

4. She says that taking them makes life easier

5. She says they should be as normal as taking paracetamol

How can she say she's not glamorising them?

She never once said that's down to the individual and that everyone's different, she never once said about talking to your doctor, she never once said that it can be a journey finding the right meds and that medication isn't for everyone, or exploring other alternatives first such as therapy etc. She acts as if it's as easy as popping a bleeping paracetamol and acting as if it's a quick fix.

I've been on antidepressants since my late teens, and I do completely agree that UK doctors are quick to throw pills at people without actually listening to them. We only get 10 minute appointment times at the doctor's, for fucks sake.

I've been on all sorts of different anxiety and depression meds. Helen hasn't experienced issues such as having your body getting used to the medication for so long that it no longer works.

She hasn't experienced having a bad reaction to certain medication (I had one that lowered the blood pressure that I kept fainting)

She has not experienced what it's like to get off certain medication.

I've been misdiagnosed my whole life because doctors were quick to throw pills at me, it's only been since last year that a new doctor told me I had been on the wrong type of medication for the last 4 years.

It's great that she's having such an amazing experience on her meds, but I'm so sick of her "happy magic pill" attitude. It's not as simple as she's making it out to be. She is completely glamorising it.

As for not wanting people to take her words literally... How is she so dense? There's one thing just mentioning your journey in passing via a vlog... But these are comments she's making in a bleeping ADVICE VIDEO!!!!

Her attitude to mental health pisses me off. It's only been a few months since she decided to change her mind about antidepressants = failure 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Can’t ever see the kisses she puts on the end of her responses to constructive criticism as anything other than passive aggressive 🙃

Reactions: 36
I think the best example of handling this the correct way is the Stacey Dooley documentary recently about mental health and she had on her Instagram story questions, but refers them to the mind charity representative who is a trained psychologist. I think if she had her therapist in the video answering questions (like people do for health question videos and have their PT there to answer with the right knowledge) it would be a lot more researched and well rounded.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That video was a lot to digest. She really does look high as a kite, really bizarre mannerisms. I thought it was quite sad when she said no one ever feels like they actually have it together (paraphrasing), that’s such a hopeless thing to say. I would like to believe most people go through phases of having their tit together.
I think the best example of handling this the correct way is the Stacey Dooley documentary recently about mental health and she had on her Instagram story questions, but refers them to the mind charity representative who is a trained psychologist. I think if she had her therapist in the video answering questions (like people do for health question videos and have their PT their to answer with the right knowledge) it would be a lot more researched and well rounded.
I thought that segment on her story was brilliant!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Can’t ever see the kisses she puts on the end of her responses to constructive criticism as anything other than passive aggressive 🙃
100%, I can imagine she’ll be sat there like “Oh FIWL I can’t say anything without people having a go it’s not fairrrrrr”
*Fiwl on his phone pretending to listen*

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 531257
View attachment 531258

View attachment 531259

View attachment 531260

View attachment 531261

View attachment 531262

View attachment 531263

View attachment 531277

1. She tells people to just do it.

2. She says she can't stop raving about antidepressants

3. She says you're wasting the potential to feel better just waiting and thinking about taking them

4. She says that taking them makes life easier

5. She says they should be as normal as taking paracetamol

How can she say she's not glamorising them?

She never once said that's down to the individual and that everyone's different, she never once said about talking to your doctor, she never once said that it can be a journey finding the right meds and that medication isn't for everyone, or exploring other alternatives first such as therapy etc. She acts as if it's as easy as popping a bleeping paracetamol and acting as if it's a quick fix.

I've been on antidepressants since my late teens, and I do completely agree that UK doctors are quick to throw pills at people without actually listening to them. We only get 10 minute appointment times at the doctor's, for fucks sake.

I've been on all sorts of different anxiety and depression meds. Helen hasn't experienced issues such as having your body getting used to the medication for so long that it no longer works.

She hasn't experienced having a bad reaction to certain medication (I had one that lowered the blood pressure that I kept fainting)

She has not experienced what it's like to get off certain medication.

I've been misdiagnosed my whole life because doctors were quick to throw pills at me, it's only been since last year that a new doctor told me I had been on the wrong type of medication for the last 4 years.

It's great that she's having such an amazing experience on her meds, but I'm so sick of her "happy magic pill" attitude. It's not as simple as she's making it out to be. She is completely glamorising it.

As for not wanting people to take her words literally... How is she so dense? There's one thing just mentioning your journey in passing via a vlog... But these are comments she's making in a bleeping ADVICE VIDEO!!!!

Her attitude to mental health pisses me off. It's only been a few months since she decided to change her mind about antidepressants = failure 🙄

View attachment 531265
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 !!! The thing is I understand she’s trying to be like let’s reduce the stigma but the poor wording and the way she was expressing it is just ugh SO ignorant, GPs have been encouraged since lockdown to be more open to mental health issues and tbh when you’re training (and through med school) the NHS are very much trying to approach that side of healthcare as ‘responding to what the patient thinks is wrong / what the patient needs’ and if patient go in there with tunnel vision only wanting antidepressants because Helga the magnificent LoOoOvEs them they tend to reject GPs offers of other therapies first and complain about them and say they were being dismissive to their superiors :/

She kept alluding to josie not helping with cleaning and complained that josie ate "her" food. Then after she kicked her out she talked about josie's financial situation in a video.
Telling the world that josie eats everything, that she was the reason they had to get a cleaner and the only way to do this was to charge her more rent. When josie couldn’t and decided to move back home, Helen did a video of what happened and basically blamed josie for having a low paid job and again being the reason they needed a cleaner.
Utterly vile
Thanks guys! ❤ I can’t believe I’d missed that what a horrible “friend” and I can’t believe josie would even want to live w her, I can only imagine how horrible she is behind closed doors

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She's so tone deaf when it comes to very serious topics. She felt the need to mention her previously thinking going on antidepressants made her a failure again, why??
Also with the way she's making it seem like antidepressants are a quick fix is just so damaging, and then trying to say no one should take her literally...but with such a huge audience she should really think more about what she's saying if she doesn't want people to take her literally.

I remember going to the doctors when I felt at my worst and being told because of the type of one of my heart meds it would be too dangerous to put me on any antidepressants, so no Helen, lets not treat taking antidepressants like taking paracetamol. My partner was on several different antidepressants over a 5 year period and had side effects with them all, and almost two years after coming off them is still experiencing side effects.

I think I get what she's trying to say but she's really putting out the message that these medications are without their side effects, easy and quick alternatives to other methods.

Wasn't she only recently saying we shouldn't be calling them antidepressants anyway? We should be calling them mood levellers or something? I think she needs to work on her own internalised stigma tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I stopped watching after Helen's reaction to Maffs first proposal. I commented saying it wasn't a good sign that you're asking him to propose again and she was SO RUDE in response. Back then it genuinely did come from a place of concern.
This is the crux of it for me and why I started to dislike her. I see why she'd be upset to have people on the internet comment on her personal problems but then again, SHE put them out there knowing that she'd get comments. Nobody was asking to be cruel but after lashing out, she made no effort to even try and apologize.

For me, I actually started looking at GG when Maff left because Helen just refused to address it and I was honestly concerned so wanted to know more. It was from there that I read valid criticism and ended up here. Not like you could ask in the comments...

Sorry, who’s copying who now? Getting silly
I really like Jessie but bloody hell, I had to look twice when I saw this.

Reactions: 18
I really hope that she is trolling tattle a bit because it's actually getting really concerning how bleeping zonked she looks all the time and it's fucked up that Phil/her friends are showing little interest in it but maybe I'm feeling particularly compassionate rn. She's just spiralling into a more aggressive "I'M FINE" hole when she's more erratic than ever, her attention span looks shot to pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She says she did a video last year but she FINKS she stopped it because of vlogmas or vlogtober

View attachment 530925

View attachment 530926

Either way, she's not actually going to bother looking up when she last did it

Anyway, she says that vlogmas or vlogtober "caused a fuss" and her series didn't continue

View attachment 530927

"IT'S MY CHANNEL. MY RULES. I FEEL NO GUILT" ...what a weird thing to say.
I'm sorry but is this just admitting her apology about going to London was fake? Get fucked, Helga.

Not commenting on the rest as I have nothing original to say, all I'm gonna say is that it was bleeping shite advice and I hope people don't take it at face value.

Reactions: 26
The whole subject on antidepressants and the way she talks about them is absolutely terrifying

If anyone is suffering with any low mood, the first thing is not "go get pills".
Speak to the doctor first. Get referral to a local mental health service.
Speak to mental health charities. Practice mindfulness.
Herbal remedies like camomile tea, Rescue Remedy etc.
Where was all this info?

Nope, just straight to pills and maybe get your gym instructor to be your "life coach".
That's the way to tackle mental health! 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 30
The thing is, I don’t think many people actually think youtube is inherently a “doss job” at this point in time. There are plenty of channels that carry out research beforehand, speak to experts or have guests, structure and plan their videos, create scripts, etc. and I think most people understand that now. The thing is that Helen does none of that, and if she does do it she completely half asses it. It bothers me that she tries to paint herself in the same light as people who are genuinely working their asses off.

Reactions: 30
Screenshot_20210415-230750~2.png

Barking back at her dogs... She really hates them sometimes, doesn't she?
This is quite upsetting and I really, really hope that she changes before she breeds... Imagine with the added tiredness of sleepless nights, plus the stress of parenting, her baby crying in the corner and Helga not moving her ass from the sofa, making faces and pretend crying at the baby... Shudder

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Also agree with the poster who suggested that most of the Q&A is addressing what's written about her on Tattle. Hi Helen 🖕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I really hope that she is trolling tattle a bit because it's actually getting really concerning how bleeping zonked she looks all the time and it's fucked up that Phil/her friends are showing little interest in it but maybe I'm feeling particularly compassionate rn. She's just spiralling into a more aggressive "I'M FINE" hole when she's more erratic than ever, her attention span looks shot to pieces.
I think this may be what she intended to do when the ‘coincidental’ posts started happening but it’s slowly but surely become warped and just kind of hard to watch. Like on a night out when some drunken lass would dance on the table to get a laugh out of everyone, but the more she drinks the more she feels like doing it, until she ends up on her arse with a gash in the back of her head and now no one is laughing and everyone’s just glad it’s come to an end. 😬

Reactions: 19
Is she seeming a bit out of it lately because she's drinking while on her meds?

I joked before about her "go for it" answers but genuinely didn't think she's pull that one out for whether anyone should go on meds. My brain chemicals have been quite frankly fucked since getting sick last year, I was offered anti depressants but the side effects are no joke, they're a very useful medication which usually takes trial and error but they all come with their side effects. I know im fortunate because I have been able to improve and didn't need to go on them. Its good that I didn't need them in the end because they're a serious medication, not everyone is so lucky. And that's not to shame anyone taking them, I think Helen is causing more harm but putting the idea that there is something wrong with taking them and now saying they're like paracetamol

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.