Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys please can someone help 😩 I’m so bad with health anxiety. I have a very small lump in my arm near my wrist. Last week I banged my arm pretty bad and had a bruise there and thought nothing of the lump then but today just had a feel and it’s still there and you can kind of see it. I can’t google because it will make me 1000x worse 😩.

I had similar years ago. It's an old wives tale, but if you bash it with a bible it will disappear. It's deffo as a result of your recent bang. It's called a Ganglion cyst - if you google it, you will not be scared.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys I hope you don’t mind me posting, I’m struggling with my anxiety after months of stress and depression!
I’m just a little worried as (sorry for the TMI) I keep getting thrush, I’m not sexually active and on the depo injection. Had a tiny bleed a few days before my last injection which was a week ago and I’m just getting anxious about all my health problems! I get so many tummy aches too in my abdominal area, it all worries me!
Sorry needed to let it all out!

Hi guys I hope you don’t mind me posting, I’m struggling with my anxiety after months of stress and depression!
I’m just a little worried as (sorry for the TMI) I keep getting thrush, I’m not sexually active and on the depo injection. Had a tiny bleed a few days before my last injection which was a week ago and I’m just getting anxious about all my health problems! I get so many tummy aches too in my abdominal area, it all worries me!
Sorry needed to let it all out!
I know this is a really simple thing to say, do you eat natural yoghurt etc? That might help balance your flora levels!
also about the tummy aches, i get that too, but I think I hold a lot of anxiety in my stomach area! Are you generally an anxious person?

Guys does anyone have a medical background? Just got my blood test results back, my neutrophils are 1.95 when the normal range is from 2.0 😫 doctor has put ‘normal’ but should I be worried??

Guys does anyone have a medical background? Just got my blood test results back, my neutrophils are 1.95 when the normal range is from 2.0 😫 doctor has put ‘normal’ but should I be worried??
No you shouldn’t be worried when the Dr has put normal. Don’t do this to yourself! There is no need to panic and if the Dr was concerned they would have said so. And don’t google!

Reactions: 2
No you shouldn’t be worried when the Dr has put normal. Don’t do this to yourself! There is no need to panic and if the Dr was concerned they would have said so. And don’t google!

I did have radiation treatment in jan, and that can be a cause. Also, for some ethnic groups, 1.5 is the lower end of the normal range

I did have radiation treatment in jan, and that can be a cause. Also, for some ethnic groups, 1.5 is the lower end of the normal range
There you go then. Now put it out of your mind. It’s not worth getting anxious over.

Can anyone recommend anything for travel anxiety? I am totally fine if I'm driving my own car but I'm a nightmare when I'm a passenger. I don't get motion sickness however when I am a passenger my anxiety is so bad that I get myself in a right state and end up feeling super nauseous. My stomach will be in a knot all day leading up to the travel then I will get sweaty palms and just not be able to relax the entire time. I always panic that I'll be sick in the car. I always take a plastic bag with me just in case but it doesn't seem to relieve how I feel.

We have a 45 min journey in a mini bus next week and I am DREADING it :(

Can anyone recommend anything for travel anxiety? I am totally fine if I'm driving my own car but I'm a nightmare when I'm a passenger. I don't get motion sickness however when I am a passenger my anxiety is so bad that I get myself in a right state and end up feeling super nauseous. My stomach will be in a knot all day leading up to the travel then I will get sweaty palms and just not be able to relax the entire time. I always panic that I'll be sick in the car. I always take a plastic bag with me just in case but it doesn't seem to relieve how I feel.

I know you can get those acupressure bands you wear on your wrists! Sea Bands or something?

Have you tried Joy-Rides? They are chewy motion sick tablets, super easy to take so might help a bit with the nausea.
Good thinking having a plastic bag just incase!

as someone who does this every car ride/train/plane etc I can promise these glasses work🤣I have tried absolutely everything, I used to be guaranteed to be sick purely from imagining it and being anxious 🤣I use these glasses and anti sickness tablets. Don’t look at your phone either x

Attachments

• Wow
Omg I think I’ve found my thread.. I’m 39 and over weight I have psoriatic Arthritis, anxiety, and some tiny gallstones. I recently had a baby and throughout my pregnancy had awful stomach issues, vomiting and sulphur burps needed admitted a few times. So I’m now 4 months post elected c-section and some of the issues are back ie the sulphur burps excessive wind etc however I have really bad upper back pain from the bra strap up to the shoulders basically and the gp didn’t really listen to me and put it all down as anxiety. I have myself convinced I have pancreatic cancer and won’t be here for my husband and kids and no one’s paying me any attention

• Heart
Omg I think I’ve found my thread.. I’m 39 and over weight I have psoriatic Arthritis, anxiety, and some tiny gallstones. I recently had a baby and throughout my pregnancy had awful stomach issues, vomiting and sulphur burps needed admitted a few times. So I’m now 4 months post elected c-section and some of the issues are back ie the sulphur burps excessive wind etc however I have really bad upper back pain from the bra strap up to the shoulders basically and the gp didn’t really listen to me and put it all down as anxiety. I have myself convinced I have pancreatic cancer and won’t be here for my husband and kids and no one’s paying me any attention
That sounds like gallstones. Ask to see a different GP at your practice.

I do have a few tiny gall stones apparently but I’ve never had any pain with them
Perhaps they’ve got bigger as gallstone pain is often between the shoulder blades and in the right shoulder?

But don’t panic it’s serious as it could just be a flare up. Do you eat a lot of fatty food?

A few days ago I had a 24 hr ECG, but I'm having an allergic reaction to the jelly they used. In the areas where it was applied, I've developed a rash - blotchy red spots, raised and very itchy...not sure if I need to report this to the GP tomorrow or leave it and see what happens?

A few days ago I had a 24 hr ECG, but I'm having an allergic reaction to the jelly they used. In the areas where it was applied, I've developed a rash - blotchy red spots, raised and very itchy...not sure if I need to report this to the GP tomorrow or leave it and see what happens?
I would leave it and see but mention it when you’re next back at the GP. I have sensitive skin and a lot of things irritate me.

I would leave it and see but mention it when you’re next back at the GP. I have sensitive skin and a lot of things irritate me.
Thanks for replying. It doesn't seem as bad today, but I'll let them know in the future.

I have got a very strange feeling lately and can’t describe it. I confided to someone recently in a diet club that I use tattle as at first I was using it to get insight into why instagrammers feel the need to post their entire life on Instagram and now it’s like an addiction. The person told me, people like to try and work out who people are, try and track them and monitor them and the diet company, I have been less than complimentary about, apparently have employees who scroll tattle daily. It’s made me worry and I’ve been anxious when using it.

My daughter a little while ago said she had tattle as a suggested advert on her phone. She said I don’t know why a website to troll and call people names behind their back is so popular. I felt like I was about to die! I have never felt so paranoid in all my life.

I hope the feeling goes soon.

Husband casually mentioned this morning he'd lost 3 lbs since the last time he'd weighed himself a few weeks ago (he's not been on a diet but we've had a stressful and busy couple of weeks moving house), so of course I immediately think "unexplained weight loss, cancer". I hate my stupid brain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.