Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
My partner took a home test, a month or so ago. It was well organised, you phone the number, give them your details, and they send a home test kit. The results take about 2 or 3 days, better to do it after the weekend, so there is less waiting time. You post the test back, in a specially desinated post box.
My partner's test was negative, but what really surprised us both, were the reactions from some friends and aquaintences, whilst waiting for the results. My partner was made to feel like a bit of a leper, people were really anxious and kept pressing him for the results, when he didn't have them. My partner said, you certainly find out who your friends are! He is usually an optimistic person, so it was a little disconcerting to hear him say that.

Reactions: 3

Medusah80

Chatty Member
i had to have one recently a few days before a minor outpatient op. it was sine at the hospital..wasn't 't as bad as i was expecting!
result was negative.
what i would really like is antbody test to see if i had Covid back in march (covid tests only being given if you was hospitalized back then)
i work for the NHS so we’ve all had the antibody test, one of my colleagues tested positive for Covid but her antibody test came back negative.Another colleague tested positive for antibodies but had never had a positive covid-19 result everyone was puzzled and agreed that the antibody tests are not 💯 effective.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Happy Lady

VIP Member
My daughter had a test last week after work sent her home when she started coughing!!!! Test result was negative, but its that time of year when there's going to be a lot of coughs about.

Reactions: 1

under the ivy

VIP Member
Yes because I had symptoms and it came back positive. I honestly felt so poorly. I’ve recovered but I’m not 100% with my energy levels. This was in July.

Reactions: 1

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I was tested, did it myself last week. Tickling my tonsils was tricky because i Didn’t want to ruin the test, but couldn’t stop gagging

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I’ve never heard of anyone having an “unclear” result - I’m assuming that there wasn’t enough specimen for the test?
I don’t know to be honest but it says on the booklet I got when I did the test that you can get one of 3 results, negative, unclear or positive

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
i had to have one recently a few days before a minor outpatient op. it was sine at the hospital..wasn't 't as bad as i was expecting!
result was negative.
what i would really like is antbody test to see if i had Covid back in march (covid tests only being given if you was hospitalized back then)

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
So I’m currently nearly 8 weeks pregnant and it came out at the beginning of the week that one of our employees in work had tested positive for the virus. I don’t think I have it I have no symptoms but I went and had a test done yesterday more so for peace of mind and because I started to get really paranoid about it. I got the results this morning and it’s come back unclear so I’m having to go and do another today just wondering if anyone else has had the same result and it ended up negative?? Or has anyone had a test done

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I've had a test for research purposes for Imperial College, not because I had symptoms. It came back negative

Northeast1988

VIP Member
So I’m currently nearly 8 weeks pregnant and it came out at the beginning of the week that one of our employees in work had tested positive for the virus. I don’t think I have it I have no symptoms but I went and had a test done yesterday more so for peace of mind and because I started to get really paranoid about it. I got the results this morning and it’s come back unclear so I’m having to go and do another today just wondering if anyone else has had the same result and it ended up negative?? Or has anyone had a test done
I’ve had quite a few inconclusive results come through and when we reswab them it comes through negative

Just means the sample wasn’t good enough to get a reading

Corky

Had one pre surgical procedure. I found the nasal worse than the throat,thought she was trying to poke my brains out.lol

HoGi

VIP Member
Did you do the test yourself? I know if you touch your teeth or lips or something with the swab it can obscure the results.

Mustard

VIP Member
I had one test, pre a day surgery appointment. The hospital sent a person to my house to do the test outside. She wore a mask. I found the throat version more intrusive than the nasal version. It made me gag and cough. Result was confirmed negative in a text message that night.