Harry & Meghan #401 Harold wanted to make a stand, now he's down almost 50 grand.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have made a new thread can someone do a rehash of the last thread please only l am just taking my Mum to a hospital appointment. Thank you
---
I am not sure if we have to ask for the old thread to be shut down, that is the only thing . If it does, l don't know how to do that either lol
Could someone do that for me please ? Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
I do know how to make a new thread though lol
We will get there between us ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Thank you for the lovely new thread and the very celebratory title - it will spark glee for hours to come (will this thread last longer than that? ๐Ÿ˜‚).

Speaking of celebrations, we're having a party tonight in the VIP Lounge. Hall and stairway members most welcome. We need volunteers for food and drinks. I've got the decor - candles, feathers and lots of colours! ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_20231215_165800~2.jpg

From the last thread:

I bought myself a bracelet when I went back to work. It is empowering. I later gave it to my niece on her 21st birthday. Told her one day she should buy herself a nice piece. It feels great.
Rachel is nothing without a man open wallet and black Amex.
My darling hubby asked on the phone if Iโ€™d marry him. Next day he said it was a rhetorical question. That one cost him. Heโ€™s been spoiling me ever since.
That's lovely! โค And a wonderful idea. When the time comes, maybe I'll pass the ring on to someone else too โค Very difficult to find someone in my circle who would treasure it though.

I'm glad Mr VB is spoiling you. That could have gone into one of those "dumb ways to die" reels ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

One day I realised that my ex had never formally asked me out. Or taken me on a proper "date". Of course it didn't last long. Some aspects of a courtship might be "old-fashioned", but they're quite necessary ๐Ÿคญ

Otherwise we've got Smegs and Sparry who, by their own account, roasted chicken first and probably never even got to know each other ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Hmmm,

-Harry had a win some, lose some month at court (should have taken the settlement offered) and has to pay the DM and his own costs
- Archewell is a bust and the sugars don't give them any money
- The Wales family had an incredibly good month so far and their children are adorable
- A lot of us American Tattlers have ties to Brooklyn and Queens
- The press are openly mocking H&M, calling them them losers and WME might be rethinking their representation
- Netflix was brutal in their portrayal of the Stoat and gave W&C and even C&C the true love edit
- People are openly questioning the kids
- We thought TW would release the Christmas card to counter the Carol Service, but only got a pathetic video
- We got a "courtier's daughter" tea spilling, much of which seems reasonable and some of which seems far fetched
- It's satisfying to see the rest of the world start to see what we have known for years!

• Heart
Reactions: 76
1702640745861.png

Harry is making this seem like a big win but it really isn't.

I think he has taken a lot of losses this year, that this small victory is sustaining him.

Reactions: 72
It will be lonely this Christmas
No presents for me,
No turkey, no tinsel
Just lawyers bills under the tree
This Christmas

Meghan will be angry
This could be the end
No party, no carols
No snow and no friends,
This Christmas

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Why did they find in his favour? Don't they know it'll only encourage him.
I realise I have the same feeling in my stomach as when I see someone give a child sweets when they ask for the 20th time. I hear a voice screaming in my head "Don't you know they'll ask 21 times the next time and won't even register the first 20 noes! Argggh"
I know this is a grown-up adult and considered case in law but why does the whole thing feel like a playground push and shove?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If he wants to be a dragon slayer then he could start much closer to home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
View attachment 2631286

I think he has taken a lot of losses this year, that this small victory is sustaining him.

The use of the word "tendency" is fun. Also, exactly how much did Sparry's "distress" turn out to be worth? ๐Ÿ˜

The Duke's "suffering" ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ Lord Byron would love to whack him in the face with a glove.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Great news. It is good to see the vile elements amongst our media having to face the consequences of their actions. We talk about a free press, but that doesnโ€™t give some of the the right to hack phones. It was never believable that Piers Morgan was not aware of phone hacking. He is just as complicit in this vile practice as Murdoch and it is good to see him finally nailed. We need much higher standards in our media and I hope the people who are guilty of these practices end up facing justice.

Reactions: 41
Thanks for the new thread and title. :)

View attachment 2631286

Leveson showed the extent of the hacking. It was bad, it was unethical and the victims including Haz deserve compensation for it. Like William sensibly and quietly got via a settlement.

But the ongoing censorship/anti-freedom of speech stuff Haz is a part of is alarming.

Him getting back in the saddle on his mission to "control" the press is amusing though because his statement about "winning" is misinformation in itself, isn't it? (And "controlling the press appears to mean not writing nasties about him and Smeg but feel free to write whatever tit you want about the RF. Especially Big Willy and Waity Katie. Even with a little help from Haz/Smeg so long as it's not traced back to them, as the court discovered re FF.)

Haz made 33 claims. He won 15. Less than half.

Since when is an 18-15 loss a resounding victory?

Technically Piers and The Mirror could also claim they defeated Haz.

In Haz's upcoming case against NGN I think this same Judge has already ruled that hacking claims can't be a part of it. So the next case will be interesting. I think it's next month.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
So after paying the Daily Mail, there's enough left for the sleeve of a frock for the Ho, and a can of Mr. Sheen to polish the flatpacks, then?๐Ÿ˜€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Great news. It is good to see the vile elements amongst our media having to face the consequences of their actions. We talk about a free press, but that doesnโ€™t give some of the the right to hack phones. It was never believable that Piers Morgan was not aware of phone hacking. He is just as complicit in this vile practice as Murdoch and it is good to see him finally nailed. We need much higher standards in our media and I hope the people who are guilty of these practices end up facing justice.
I agree. Iโ€™m completely fine that he won. If private information on him was obtained via methods like phone hacking, he has the right to bring suit and win. Thatโ€™s not putting a limit on freedom of the press. Thatโ€™s enforcing the law and curbing a โ€œjournalisticโ€ practice that absolutely should not exist.

What I have a problem with is he wants to stifle legitimate opinion in the press. That is freedom of the press.

Reactions: 64
Shift hasn't ended yet but I switched on the tv just to watch the reaction to the 'win'. Couldn't hear the BBC bulletin but they were showing clips from the engagement photoshoot and other events where the Gruesomes were together. Including when she wore that red monstrosity at the Veterans event. Didn't make sense to show her.

Glad they did though. The other clips were mostly post-Ozempic, but the clip with the red dress showed her fake tan lines very well ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thank you for the lovely new thread and the very celebratory title - it will spark glee for hours to come (will this thread last longer than that? ๐Ÿ˜‚).

Speaking of celebrations, we're having a party tonight in the VIP Lounge. Hall and stairway members most welcome. We need volunteers for food and drinks. I've got the decor - candles, feathers and lots of colours! ๐Ÿ˜‰

View attachment 2631292

From the last thread:

That's lovely! โค And a wonderful idea. When the time comes, maybe I'll pass the ring on to someone else too โค Very difficult to find someone in my circle who would treasure it though.

I'm glad Mr VB is spoiling you. That could have gone into one of those "dumb ways to die" reels ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

One day I realised that my ex had never formally asked me out. Or taken me on a proper "date". Of course it didn't last long. Some aspects of a courtship might be "old-fashioned", but they're quite necessary ๐Ÿคญ

Otherwise we've got Smegs and Sparry who, by their own account, roasted chicken first and probably never even got to know each other ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Is today your big day @ChaoticArtist ? If so Happy Birthday to you ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‰

Pity H got a partial win but that wonโ€™t spoil the celebrations tonight and Iโ€™m sure he hasnโ€™t got much to celebrate as Mr Bouffant, his lawyer, will be pocketing most of the ยฃ140, 600 and if there is any left the wife will have her eyes on it. ๐Ÿ‘€

Iโ€™ll bring cake and rum truffles to the party tonight, why are they only around at Christmas along with boxes of dates and orange and lemon slices?

See you later, by for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Of all his spurious court cases, I have to admit, this is the on that I wanted to see successful. Not particularly for him, but all of them involved. Milly Dowlers family, others who ended relationships because they thought friends\family were leaking stories.

I think it gives us a clue of part of the reason he is so problematic.

also, I cant believe they were still hacking WHILE Leveson enquiry was going on๐Ÿ˜ฒ

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.