Harry and Meghan #49 Are you okay? We want privacy but won’t go away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to Thread 49!

Thread title by @margaretta with 39 likes!

Carrying on from here

Please can thread title suggesters try to put the words "thread title" somewhere in the post or at least "title" as otherwise it is really hard to find the suggestions when creating the new thread! Tea trays will fly all over the place if a good suggestion gets overlooked because it didn't come up in the search :ROFLMAO:

In the last pages of the last thread we learnt that poor privacy-seeking Meghan announced her miscarriage to the globe through an article that she vomited up to the New York Times herself. When asked for a comment about it Buck House responded rather tellingly that they were "saddened by the announcement" and left it at that. See what they did there?

I've just seen this on the Mail, I'm not sure why charities are praising her, since she had the opportunity to point sufferers at any number of these charities but didn't, she kept it all about her and only her. Maybe they think she will become their patron if they praise her? Will these charities never learn 🤪

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Welcome to Thread 49!

Thread title by @margaretta with 39 likes!

Carrying on from here

Please can thread title suggesters try to put the words "thread title" somewhere in the post or at least "title" as otherwise it is really hard to find the suggestions when creating the new thread! Tea trays will fly all over the place if a good suggestion gets overlooked because it didn't come up in the search :ROFLMAO:

In the last pages of the last thread we learnt that poor privacy-seeking Meghan announced her miscarriage to the globe through an article that she vomited up to the New York Times herself. When asked for a comment about it Buck House responded rather tellingly that they were "saddened by the announcement" and left it at that. See what they did there?

I've just seen this on the Mail, I'm not sure why charities are praising her, since she had the opportunity to point sufferers at any number of these charities but didn't, she kept it all about her and only her. Maybe they think she will become their patron if they praise her? Will these charities never learn 🤪

OMG OMG OMG OMG
Now to give a speech worthy of the Oscars...

Thank you kev1974 for starting the thread and thank YOU all for voting for my thread suggestion. I now know I AM OKAY and far more significant than meagain herself,
and all without breaching my own privacy, hiring and firing 12 PR staff, and without denouncing any royal titles or faking any pregnancies.

I am truly honoured. My life is complete.

I love you all for the laughs and the collaborative atmosphere on here. ❤❤❤

And as far as Meagain and JCMH are concerned. They are a big pair of what @freda19 says xxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
For me the difference between Zara and Meghan is very clear, Zara had announced her pregnancy, her words "it wasn't meant to be" are more powerful in their bleak understatement. Also, she didn't add a lecture in, or rope in various unrelated causes. Meghan has placed herself firmly in the role of victim, I'm 💯 sure she IS pregnant, and is using this as a pathway out of her court case.
Note that nobody is talking about them being evicted now. 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 38
For me the difference between Zara and Meghan is very clear, Zara had announced her pregnancy, her words "it wasn't meant to be" are more powerful in their bleak understatement. Also, she didn't add a lecture in, or rope in various unrelated causes. Meghan has placed herself firmly in the role of victim, I'm 💯 sure she IS pregnant, and is using this as a pathway out of her court case.
Note that nobody is talking about them being evicted now. 😏
I thought that was what Sophie, Countess of Wessex, said in response to her miscarriage?

Reactions: 12
I note that MeAgain's miscarriage has now been relegated to one small story on the Mail homepage, whereas Maradona still has about six front page stories :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the Hand Of God completely wiped her off most of the paper edition front pages as well :cool:

What is she going to try next?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I thought that was what Sophie, Countess of Wessex, said in response to her miscarriage?
Ah, sorry. My point is, they didn't write an over the top essay. No detail, just a sad acknowledgement, I don't suppose either had any backlash from what they said. Meghan leaves herself wide open, I suppose that might be down to American pr, and down to her always knowing best (not).

Reactions: 29
Teaches me to not reload the page before I post lol

I have no idea if they just talk out of their arse (they do say some strange things!) but TP1 has returned
008A5540-E875-42CB-8E0E-45AEECF5EE01.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m so sorry to read of all the women on here who have suffered the horrible ordeal of a miscarriage. I am so sorry to all of you to you that you had to go through that.

I do have a question though I hope it doesn’t sound insensitive but I’ve seen Megan and some others saying she is removing the ‘shame’ and ‘taboo’ around miscarriage, and it’s taken me by surprise as I didn’t think there was shame and taboo around miscarriage? Obviously grief, upset , trauma etc - but a taboo subject? Maybe someone else can educate me on this as I found the wording jarring.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I don’t feel I can comment on the miscarriage. It doesn’t feel right.

The language used seems to paint Harry as somehow less than. There always seems to be a little dig at him and thanks to this we now know he had clammy hands.

re the timing I suspect it will be claimed that PW delayed his announcement that he had covid so why shouldn’t she?

Reactions: 19
I do have a question though I hope it doesn’t sound insensitive but I’ve seen Megan and some others saying she is removing the ‘shame’ and ‘taboo’ around miscarriage, and it’s taken me by surprise as I didn’t think there was shame and taboo around miscarriage? Obviously grief, upset , trauma etc - but a taboo subject? Maybe someone else can educate me on this as I found the wording jarring.

Lilykins, I had to talk about my late miscarriage (it was my fourth pregnancy, I had already been showing for some time) and nobody made me feel ashamed. I never felt I was committing a social faux pas. But then I did not tell about the details in a flowery style.
I am a teacher and had to tell my teen students who had congratulated me when they had realised I was pregnant. I thought they would cringe, but they were actually fantastic.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m so sorry to read of all the women on here who have suffered the horrible ordeal of a miscarriage. I am so sorry to all of you to you that you had to go through that.

It's not a taboo subject, you are right. Made me angry to see her claiming that it was shameful as well - no, it isn't and never has been.

People just don't know what to say if you bring it up - no different from any bereavement or disclosing a serious illness, really - so you have to cope with well-intentioned clunkers like 'never mind, you can always try for another one'.

The papers today are full of first-person discussions of miscarriage, so all the newsrooms sent an email around their staff asking for a story. Thank you to all the women journalists who have written stories today that are genuine and have something to say that helps.

That NY Times piece screamed fake to me in all the details, even though most likely either Meghan or her surrogate lost a child sometime in the spring/summer. I also believe now that Meghan/surrogate is pregnant again. This miscarriage story is setting up the pregancy announcement, and also explaining why Harry won't travel as 'he won't leave her side'.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Thanks @kev1974 for the shiny new thread.

I agree, @Ceejayaitch

I think, on balance, she probably has had a miscarriage. Even Megatron must realise she would be finished without hope of redemption if she were to be caught lying about this.

If she is making it up, she needs psychiatric intervention, not slating. I'm going to give her a pass on this, because it's feeling very "wrong" whichever way I look at it. I would support any woman who had been through a miscarriage, so, assuming it is true, I genuinely feel for her and am sorry for her loss.

Not on the other stuff, though. The profligate spending of taxpayer money, snubs to my country and monarchy, the preaching word salads, the two faced duplicity ( eco-travel vs private jets/ online kindness vs openly supporting trolls/ and of course "privacy " hahahahaha), the ridiculous tax payer funded clothes, the unbelievable crassness of earning at a mass grave and other charity stunts. Oh and the "supermodel" chicken legs. They are still all fair game. 😁 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

I do think the wording around shame and taboo isn't right and is a bit OTT. What i think they mean is that it is something which if you tell people, it makes them feel uncomfortable and they usually don't know what to do or say. Ironically I was asked if I was ok, but then you could see with everyone a real look of fear in their eyes if you were going to actually say how tit it felt. I think people don't want to say the wrong thing so say nothing but it can actually make it feel worse somehow. I think we should talk more about it but that fanfiction she wrote will not help.

It really triggered me yesterday and I couldn't work out why. I think the dramatics made me immediately feel ot was fake and then I felt tit for disbelieving someone who could be going through a really tit time. The charities are stuck. They have to say something otherwise they'll get attacked for not supporting someone who needs them.

I don't get her long term game. Yes it'll get her headlines and a bit of sympathy but what next? Is miscarriage and child loss their new push. If so great although perhaps focus on the charities and other people. Or is this just a promo for her first Netflix show?

Also could you imagine telling people you've lost a baby and people's immediate response is you're lying. At what stage do they take a step back and look at themselves and who they are and what they're seen as?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thanks to @margaretta and @kev1974 for the bright shiny new thread.

Has anyone asked the old thread if it's OK?
I've just lost my tit at that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No I'm sorry to report that the old thread is now abandoned and consigned to history. You can still see it but you can't interact with it any more. Just like MeAgain's friendships and yachting skills!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I do think the wording around shame and taboo isn't right and is a bit OTT. What i think they mean is that it is something which if you tell people, it makes them feel uncomfortable and they usually don't know what to do or say. Ironically I was asked if I was ok, but then you could see with everyone a real look of fear in their eyes if you were going to actually say how tit it felt. I think people don't want to say the wrong thing so say nothing but it can actually make it feel worse somehow. I think we should talk more about it but that fanfiction she wrote will not help.

It really triggered me yesterday and I couldn't work out why. I think the dramatics made me immediately feel ot was fake and then I felt tit for disbelieving someone who could be going through a really tit time. The charities are stuck. They have to say something otherwise they'll get attacked for not supporting someone who needs them.

I don't get her long term game. Yes it'll get her headlines and a bit of sympathy but what next? Is miscarriage and child loss their new push. If so great although perhaps focus on the charities and other people. Or is this just a promo for her first Netflix show?

Also could you imagine telling people you've lost a baby and people's immediate response is you're lying. At what stage do they take a step back and look at themselves and who they are and what they're seen as?
It's Netflix promo. We know that the 'loss' is going to be covered in their documentary, for sure. Meghan's NY Times intro was:

By Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex
The writer is a mother, feminist and advocate.

So that's the new branding for her but that just isn't how anyone sees her, and PR can't solve the problem.

I'm on team surrogate for Archie, and Lady C's hints are that was why there were no titles for Archie. Maybe Meghan wants a child 'of the body' to secure the maximum advantage from this marriage (titles and rights of succession).

But looking at what they were up to in the Spring, including those stunt charity visits during a pandemic, without any social distancing, and all her obvious facial work, I just have a really hard time believing in this pregnancy.

• Heart
Well she got what she wanted PR wise. I went to a gossip site that I frequent. When Megit happened anyone who said a bad word about her was called racist. Over the summer with clanger after clanger from them, even those who were team megan were saying shut up and go away.
Now they are back to anyone saying perhaps she didnt need to write like it was a Mills and Boon story are being called racist again.
When she announces her current pregnancy she will be off limits as you can't say anything bad about a pregnant woman, as apparently it will give her saint like status.
I cannot stand either of them, the smugness is too much for me.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.