Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pom Bear

VIP Member
Margot1977 I've made your pic 🙂
Ps had to screenshot your post as it's on the old thread also sorry on colour, my blue filter light was on 🤭 x

Screenshot_20200729-233806_resize_15.jpg

Here you go 🙂 x

Oh no it's come out crap it's took it with the fliter on 😱 For Fox Sake!

I've tried to lighten it abit ....looks abit cartoony....
Polish_20200729_234426753_resize_6.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Uberrima fides

Over at the Sun newspaper, Lady Colin Campbell has given an interview about 'Finding Freedom'. One of her comments is particularly apt:

“He would struggle to hold down a job stacking shelves in Tesco. He’s never lived in the real world. Meghan was a D-list actress in a show on a cable channel. To think they can change the world is remarkably naive.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I think she will drop the case, pleading unimaginable stress, the need to protect her friends etc, and there will be a looooonnnnnngggg word salad video release with much hand wringing and praying gestures via some bullying charity that claims a moral victory over it all .................... and Charlie will be left with the bill............

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Baguette

VIP Member
I find it hard to believe that even Megatron would abuse an old lady to her face but I can easily believe that she would have said it during a rant at Harry. Who overheard and reported it? If it was overheard then the rant wasn't in a private setting.
From Lady C's book describing the meeting when Haz asked TQ for permission to marry Meg and PP told him that 'we step out with actresses, we don't marry them'.

What has not been reported is the remainder of the conversation, which came to be via two different sources, one a close friend of the Queen, another a Prince. Harry, desperately in love with Meghan and willing to do anything to keep her, discounted his grandfather's suggestion with the intensity of an addict being threatened with deprivation. He informed his grandfather that he would by marrying Meghan no matter what.

The Queen likes consensus and is always extremely well briefed as to what is going on in the world as well as within her own family, so when Philip's interdict raised the temperature, Elizabeth II intervened with the intention of lowering it. Harry did not even let her finish what she was saying. He cut her off mid-sentence with the imprecation that he was 'going to marry her and if you don't like it, you'll just have to suck it up.' The Queen had never heard the expression before, nor indeed had I until the conversation was recounted to me, but I fully identifed with her comment that 'I didn't need any explanation as to what it meant. As soon as I heard it, I knew.'

If that's how Harry treats TQ, Megz will do the same and worse. The goss from the Commonwealth Service was that she openly referred to Camilla as 'old syphilis'.

I'm with Aunty on this. Some people are just plain bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 47

antinoos

Jesus Christ that Travalyst video Dickbrain has released today is embarassing. He thinks he's the bloody Queen doling out stupid words of encouragement to the awseome local leaders or what the fuck.

Does anyone have a clue what this organisation does apart from enable him to pretend he has a role?

• Haha
  • Heart

a.nonny.mouse

I’m pretty sure my thread title suggestion had the most votes... *tries to hold back tears* not many people ask me if I’m okay *pouty face*

• Haha
  • Heart

Silbee

VIP Member
Big big thank you to Auny @antinoos for pearls of wisdom on Megz legal battles. Every post this morning a gem. It seems unbelievable she is still pressing on with it when the headlines get worse and worse.

Over in LA, there's a long and interesting analysis of the Drone Wars lawsuit about the John Doe pap shots of Archie (that may or may not be the ones on the cover of Bunte Magazine) from Mr Lallas of Levy, Small and Lallas. He says typically they would have 60 days to serve the complaint but that might stretch to 90-180 days if the judge is helpful 'accommodating, indulging and liberal'. He calls their complaint 'unusual'. Is that legalese for stark raving bonkers and completely hopeless?

“We studied the complaint and it is extremely unusual. And by that, I mean the complaint doesn't name any specific defendant – either an entity or an individual,” said Lallas. “This is the first time I've ever seen this in 45 years of practicing law.”

Lallas said the privacy filing is “extraordinary” because the legal system in the U.S. is based on what is called an adversarial system – the concept being there are at least two parties, consisting of a plaintiff group and a defendant group.

Going on to say

Added the firm partner: “This is the quintessential fishing expedition because if you believe the plaintiffs and their attorney in this case, they have filed a civil action without naming a specific defendant to try to take discovery and how would they do that?”

And then the big one

Lallas said the case carries with it some irony in the sense that Harry and Markle, on behalf of their son, “want to avoid unwanted publicity" yet "on the other hand, the mechanism they have chosen is to create more publicity to try to generate a brand in the public arena that lets the tabloids in the paparazzi know they're going to enforce their legal rights wherever it may take them.”
Meagain, wants privacy the same way other people want herpes.

If I've ever come across a more self obsessed, self aggrandising, attention seeking, money mad megalomaniac I've forgotten who they are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

antinoos

Very interesting insight into whats happening to the FFF who have been thrown to the wolves and will be terrified and haemorrhaging money. One of them will break eventually then its game over in many senses. Imagine, if its as we think shes almost certainly lied to Harry as well. There must be a last straw even for that thick as mince dickhead, and its almost certainly pride.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

antinoos

For Campagne:

Aunty still thinks theyre going to lose in August.

The Claim makes no realistic sense.

They have wasted probably £500k so far and it will get worse.

Rich people often litigate because theyre shits.

• Heart
  • Haha

antinoos

For Campagne:

Theyre going to struggle to stop the Mail or anyone else publishing the truth about them in the future.

• Heart
  • Haha

Yorkiejules

Chatty Member
Just when I thought woke couldn't get any woker...
Women will now be known as .....wait for it...
Individuals with a cervix...
It was on twitter and I read it a few times to make sure I didn't have sunstroke 🤪
I'm sweating cobs and can't hear the TV for the Newfie panting like Micheal Jackson in a crèche...and having a hot flush at the same time ..then read that on twitter...
Jesu...the day gets better and better...
The world's gone mad🙈😎🤯

• Haha
  • Wow

Campagne

VIP Member
She has said in a Witness Statement that because they are young mothers (amongst other reasons) they are particularly vulnerable to the kind of Press intrusion the Mail will visit on them for helping their friend. Thats one of the reasons its such a hopeless argument. If she wins any "young mother" (whatever that might actually mean these days!) would be entitled to anonymity. Its also in my view quite sexist.
None of her friends are young mums; they’re all pushing 40.
They might have youngish (primary age) children.
Anyway; they were happy to lie for her when she was a duchess.
Now she’s an ex Royal; squatting in LA, I think they should all be cross examined.
A full trial, with the 5 friends taking the stand, and Thomas Markle for the defence.

And as Aunty Legal said; the DM should demand to know who’s paying.
(Cos if it’s Charles; out of effectively tax payer funds, then it is definitely in the public interest)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Such a pretty tiara; but it will probably be locked in a vault for 100 years now it’s associated with Meghan

What an ungrateful spiteful bitch she is.
That tiara is beautiful and most women would be overwhelmed with gratitude if they were allowed to wear it, but oh no Maleficent thinks it's not good enough and then throws the Queen's dresser under the bus. That poor woman will now be targeted and jeered at by the Sussex Squad army of trolls. 😡

• Angry

Campagne

VIP Member
I think she will drop the case, pleading unimaginable stress, the need to protect her friends etc, and there will be a looooonnnnnngggg word salad video release with much hand wringing and praying gestures via some bullying charity that claims a moral victory over it all .................... and Charlie will be left with the bill............
Can Charles refuse to pay?
I mean Fergie ran up a £5million overdraft at Coutts in the 90s and had to flog weightwatchers and cranberry juice in the US to pay it off.

Why can’t Charles leave them to it?
it will hasten the divorce:ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart

antinoos

If she drops it can she take out a super injunction to stop the paper publishing details?
Just a last bit of law for now.

In order to get an Injunction in these circumstances you need to appeal to the courts "equitable" jurisdiction. Equity is a great contribution by the British to the law. It is broadly fairness, what most people think of as justice. So if there no written law permitting or preventing something then the principles of Equity come into play; and the court can for example prevent what is an unarguable exercise of a legal right (like recovering money or possession of land) or grant restraining injunctions.

One key principal is "clean hands" if you seek equitable relief you must have "clean hands" meaning that in the context of the Application and its subject matter you havent been up to no good yourself. Like say lying about similar things, or making vexatious claims you have had to drop.

One of the many ironies of this increasing tragedy is that in seeking to place themselves above the scrutiny of the Press they have put themselves at its mercy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

antinoos

Im with you. If it was said then I very much doubt it was to her face. I’m not even sure where that story came from

I’m very naive. I can’t imagine anyone telling any elderly person to drop dead. But to say it to the Queen seems so unlikely in my naive head that I just can’t fathom it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
To be honest I really dont understand how anyone could make no attempt to communicate with, let alone deliberately publically harm, their own father (whom they acknowledge has been nothing but good to them) after he has had clearly very serious cardiac surgery at an advanced age - but she did all this. Its probably because of my profession that Im much less optimistic about human nature than you Penny, but some people really are just plain bad; and they are capable of anything - indeed being capable of anything is a key advantage.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

antinoos

Please tell me this is your bid for a thread title 😂
Modesty forbids. I'd like to thank my marvellous mother and father; Cilla for always being there and Omid who introduced me to Harvey in the first place. I'm not accepting this for myself but for transgender lawyers everywhere, and elephants....I think Spangly's is better (awaits people begging)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43