Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never wanted to hurt anyone - more lies

Attachments

Your browser is not able to display this video.
Reactions: 24
FIVE MONTHS LATER.
Christmas 2020.
We took Archie to find a Christmas tree.
A pop-up lot in Santa Barbara. We bought one of the biggest spruces they had. We brought it home, set it up in the living room. Magnificent.
We stood back, admiring, counting our blessings. New home. Healthy boy.
Plus, we’d signed several corporate partnerships, which would give us the chance to resume our work, to spotlight the causes we cared about, to tell the stories we felt were vital. And to pay for our security.
It was Christmas Eve. We FaceTimed with several friends, including a few in Britain.
We watched Archie running around the tree. And we opened presents. Keeping to the Windsor family tradition.
One present was a little Christmas ornament of…the Queen! I roared.
What the—?
Meg had spotted it in a local store and thought I might like it.
I held it to the light. It was Granny’s face to a T.
I hung it on an eye-level branch. It made me happy to see her there.
It made Meg and me smile.
But then Archie, playing around the tree, jostled the stand, shook the tree, and Granny fell.
I heard a smash and turned. Pieces lay all over the floor.
Archie ran and grabbed a spray bottle.
For some reason he thought spraying water on the broken pieces would fix it.
Meg said: No, Archie, no—do not spray Gan-Gan!
I grabbed a dustpan and swept up the pieces, all the while thinking: This is weird.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

Reactions: 50
Harold:
Did Abigail Spencer babysit Archie? Or was Dorito on baby duty and so she came with you to the hospital? Did she drive? Please confirm, seeing as Netflix said she arrived as 43 was miscarrying

Reactions: 35
Just reading this thread. Catching up. I've got to the post about when Harry and Megan go to see Elton John.
"The azure sea" It's not a GCSE creative writing piece....

Reactions: 42
Must be exhausting, all that collapsing and weeping.
This photo from the article made me lol, waving to fans, more like waving at nothing, I would say...

View attachment 1873455
Often times people will line up outside these studios just to say they saw so-and-so in person. Even if they don't like them. The celebrity culture here is pretty disgusting.

Reactions: 21
Why dies he never remember exactly what was said in these situations? He uses that excuse a lot to get him out of being sued for lying

Reactions: 31
Quoting myself but I can't believe I forgot to add the fucking singing Seals!!!

Reactions: 34
THE PALACE ANNOUNCED THAT a review had been conducted of our roles, and of the agreement reached in Sandringham.
Henceforth, we were stripped of everything but a few patronages.
February 2021.
They took it all away, I thought, even my military associations.
I’d no longer be captain general of the Royal Marines, a title handed down by my grandfather.
I’d no longer be permitted to wear my ceremonial military uniform.
I told myself they could never take away my real uniform, or my real military status. But still.
Furthermore, the statement continued, we’d no longer be doing any service whatsoever for the Queen.
They made it sound as if there’d been an agreement between us. There was nothing of the sort.
We pushed back in our own statement, released the same day, saying we’d never cease living a life of service.
This new slap-down from the Palace was like petrol on a bonfire. We’d been under media attack non-stop since leaving, but this official severing of ties set off a new wave, which felt different.
We were vilified every day, every hour, on social media, and found ourselves the subjects of scurrilous, wholly fictional stories in the newspapers, stories always attributed to “royal aides” or “royal insiders” or “palace sources,” stories clearly spoon-fed by Palace staff—and presumably sanctioned by my family.
I didn’t read any of it, seldom even heard about it.
I was now avoiding the internet as I once avoided downtown Garmsir. I kept my phone on silent. Not even vibrate.
Sometimes a well-meaning friend would text: Gosh, sorry about such and such.
We had to ask such friends, all friends, to stop informing us what they’d read.
In all honesty, I hadn’t been totally surprised when the Palace cut ties. I’d had a sneak preview months earlier.
Just before Remembrance Day I’d asked the Palace if someone could lay a wreath for me at the Cenotaph, since, of course, I couldn’t be there.
Request denied.

In that case, I said, could a wreath be laid somewhere else in Britain on my behalf?
Request denied.
In that case, I said, perhaps a wreath could be laid somewhere in the Commonwealth, anywhere at all, on my behalf?
Request denied.
Nowhere in the world would any proxy be permitted to lay any sort of wreath at any military grave on behalf of Prince Harry, I was told.
I pleaded that this would be the first time I’d let a Remembrance Day pass without paying tribute to the fallen, some of whom had been dear friends. Request denied.
In the end I rang one of my old instructors at Sandhurst and asked him to lay my wreath for me.
He suggested the Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial, in London, which had just been unveiled a few years earlier.
By Granny.
Yes.
That’s perfect.
Thank you.
He said it would be his honor.
Then added: And by the by, Captain Wales. Fuck this. It’s proper wrong.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

Reactions: 36
Terribly sad aye?! I bet.

Reactions: 34
It’s a harsh lesson in life to realise that it’s for you to want you to be the BEST version of you; everyone else will inevitably want you to be the version of you that suits them best.
This bit took my breath away That too mid-sneeze Seriously though, my friends tell me this but in this moment, what you wrote seems so significant.

Not to sound like ol' Bristle Head though I really believe in signs from the Universe, Nature's little signals etc, but have to keep checking myself now to make sure I don't sound as ..off my rocker as he does.

Mum was just telling me that Felix scared a random lady by barking loudly today. She said that the lady was complaining that she had a heart attack, and I just blurted out, "Why, did she see Smegs?" I think I need to limit my tattling to Tattle because that eyeroll looked really dangerous

Reactions: 19
I WASN’T SURE WHAT TO call her, or what exactly she did.
All I knew was that she claimed to have “powers.
I recognized the high-percentage chance of humbuggery. But the woman came with strong recommendations from trusted friends, so I asked myself: What’s the harm?
Then, the minute we sat down together, I felt an energy around her.
Oh, I thought. Wow. There’s something here.
She felt an energy around me too, she said.
Your mother is with you. I know.
I’ve felt that of late.
She said: No. She’s with you. Right now.
I felt my neck grow warm. My eyes watered.
Your mother knows you’re looking for clarity. Your mother feels your confusion. She knows that you have so many questions. I do. The answers will come in time. One day in the future. Have patience.
Patience? The word caught in my throat.
In the meantime, the woman said, my mother was very proud of me. And fully supportive. She knew it wasn’t easy.
What wasn’t?
Your mother says: You’re living the life she couldn’t. You’re living the life she wanted for you.
I swallowed. I wanted to believe. I wanted every word this woman was saying to be true.
But I needed proof. A sign. Anything.
Your mother says…the ornament? Ornament? She was there. Where? Your mother says…something about a Christmas ornament? Of a mother? Or a grandmother? It fell? Broke? Archie tried to fix it. Your mother says she had a bit of a giggle about that.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.