Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllDogsGoToHeaven

This is eye-rolling time for my social circle too, the children, or lack of them. I suppose the idea seems too far-fetched. Until fairly recently, eyes rolled when I mentioned anything about the Harkles, they didn’t seem to be on their radar, but that is changing all of a sudden. Now, I think the general public is becoming more aware of just how awful they really are. I hope between now and the Jubilee, that that accelerates rapidly.
My bunting arrived today, cannot wait to put it up. There will be raised eyebrows, I live where SNP is in the majority, but this is about the Queen, not politics, so I am being brave. Usually I keep my head down when it comes to politics.
Oh @HairyWeeTerrier my heart is with you

As an English born person who lived - and loved - longer in Scotland than England, it devastated me to see division that is happening now.
My children are Scottish, sound Scottish, are Scottish! Yet at this time we cannot discuss politics of what I believe are the horrific divisions of nationalism.

I won't go on. This isn't the thread for it. But I feel your pain and your pride.
It was only when I encountered that nationalism in Scotland (i.e. hatred against the English from a particular person) that I began to feel some defensiveness of my own nationality of being English - and by that point I was nearly 40 years old. This depresses me it should not be like this.

We are a multicultural nation - not even just English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh but many other peoples of the other nations of the Commonwealth and the world have made their home in the UK.

There are are many reasons why we should be proud that people seek to live here.

And many reasons why we should dismiss the accusations of the Twunts that we are a racist nation.

• Heart
Reactions: 8