Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Topanga

Chatty Member
They absolutely don’t have a tough financial future as long as they adjust their lifestyle to their abilities. He is an uneducated 35 year old with no real work experience and she is an almost 40 year old unemployed z-list actress whose biggest gig was a minor role on a cable show. People like that don’t live in mansions with aides and security in the real world.

Find a nice modest house, pay it off with the money you have instead of getting a mortgage, make a few smart investments so you can earn a passive income and keep a low profile. You’ll have a much better life than people that have the same abilities and weren’t born royal. Adjust and count your f#cking blessings.

Reactions: 29

Carmen 6

VIP Member
That is just disgusting. However a lot of the RF shoot some animals and try to protect others. Such hypocrisy
Wild water buffalos eat fruit herbs and grass. The excuse for shooting them is that they sometimes eat the rice crop( obviously not knowing the difference.)
With examples like this, and his cruelty to polo ponies, I'm not buying the lovely caring Harry spin we've been fed.

• Sad

Flipping Hell !

Chatty Member
I pop in here from time to time, disappointing to see that the worst thread on Tattle is still in full swing.
Half of you should be ashamed. The racisism and vitroiol in here is disgusting.
Please point out the racism as I've never seen anyone mention her skin colour ,why do Meghan fans instantly throw in the race card ?

• Heart

Yorkiejules

Chatty Member
I think she's only wait for his trust fund and then she's gonna take him to the cleaners.its such a shame if it was Morgan Freeman who was doing the elephants thing first,he has a voice you could listen to for hours.she has put me off the film before I have even seen it,probably loads thinking the same.
They taint everything they touch.
I hope Charles tells him what to do re money grabbing.its a shame the RF don't put a charging order on his trust money and deduct all the expenses and send him a cheque for what's left,if anything.H would be back like a shot,bowing and scraping then to therapy for the rest of his life cos of that cow.shes so transparent,we all know what she's up to but she's so good at the manipulation that hes the only one who can't see he's being played.i don't know if I feel sorry for him or am starting to dislike him as much as her,and takes some doing🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🤣🤣

Reactions: 28
Every time a story about these two hits the headlines, I always think "surely these two cannot to be THAT tone deaf?..." and yet here I am, wrong every time. Literally nobody could care less about this latest announcement. Why should we care about a charity launched by two spoiled brats, named after a baby whose birth we were lied to about, and have barely seen since? Particularly at a time like this. ALL other Royals are taking the Queen's lead and keeping a very low profile, with the exception of Charles as the next leader and a small amount of welcome posts from William. These two just have to take it to another level.

• Heart

Pink Post It

Chatty Member
The saddest thing about the whole Markle debacle Is that our future King has effectively lost his brother, upon whom he was probably relying for increasing support as the years went by. The three of them (WCH) always seemed close and I doubt that can ever be the same again, even when he does come crawling back, having been cast aside by LittleMissMeAgain for her next big conquest.

• Sad
  • Angry

Norbs

VIP Member
My Mum is a Telegraph subscriber and sent me this scathing piece.

Meghan and Harry's LA move may be their worst yet

CELIA WALDEN

30 MARCH 2020 • 7:00PM

Donald Trump tweeted that the US will not pay for Harry and Meghan's security protection when they move to LACREDIT: HENRY NICHOLLS/ REUTERS

Fun fact: Petra Manor – the 12,249 sq. ft, £15 million Malibu mansion that Meghan and Harry are said to be “smitten by” – was once occupied by Kylie Jenner.

That’s the lilo-lipped youngest member of the Kardashian clan, should your pop culture need refreshing, a 22-year-old cosmetic “entrepreneur” whose inspirational quotes include: “I would want to hopefully start more businesses, and just be, like, a businesswoman.”

Why it should matter that the Sussexeswould prefer to live there, and in LA, than in a historic British, Grade II country home commissioned by Queen Charlotte in 1801 – a royal retreat previously occupied by the father of novelist Henry James, whose own inspirational quotes included: “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind” – I don’t know.

But I do know why the revelation that Meghan and Harry had “left Canada and are now settled in LA” on Friday has prompted the annoyance it has.

It is just annoyance; our anger currently being reserved for the spherical particle with a “corona” of spikes that’s killing tens of thousands across the world and has brought our lives to a standstill. Only not Harry and Meghan, you understand, who chose this moment to leave the Vancouver smokescreen of a bolthole they had been residing in since Megxit, and hop on a private jet to the place that had been their final destination all along: Hollywood.

It felt sneaky, because it was sneaky, like so many of the soon-to-be-ex royals’ actions – from the setting up of their own breakaway Royal faction and the assertion that they wanted to “step back”(and not forward, into a carefully choreographed and lucrative limelight of their own choosing), to the blurring of their intention “to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America”.

Why not just come out and say it? Because, as I wrote in this very column three months ago: “If you rephrase that statement ‘We’ve had enough – we’re off to La La Land’, it confirms every ruthless social-climbing, celebrity-seeking stereotype Meghan has worked hard to rebut.”

Only in Los Angeles, I pointed out, can Meghan not so much have her cake and eat it, as scoop off the icing and cast the boring, dry part aside. Only there, can the couple ditch the duty and the criticism, whilst retaining all the status and the perks. Celebrity hypocrisy, it’s important to understand, isn’t just accepted in LA but de rigueur.

Only they’d overlooked one thing: namely that the President of the US has the memory of an elephant and the petulance of a toddler. He wasn’t about to forget Meghan calling him “divisive” and “misogynistic” on a talk show in 2016, just as he wasn’t about to forget the former actress’s assertion that she could never live in a Trumpian America.

So when he took to Twitter on Sunday to tell the world that, despite being “a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom […] the US will not pay for [Harry and Meghan’s] security protection” – adding for emphasis: “They must pay!” – it was pretty clear that POTUS wasn’t just talking about the estimated £8 million-a-year bill that has hitherto been covered by the British taxpayer.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!

20:00 - 29 Mar 2020

The couple hit back yesterday, saying they didn’t expect the US to pay, and that “privately funded security arrangements have been made”. But their pique was as obvious as it had been in their infamous response to the Queen telling them they could no longer sell themselves as “Royal” after stepping down.

That ban comes into force tomorrow, when the Duke and Duchess officially cease to be working royals. But anyone thinking this will impact either the couple’s social standing or their earning capacity is wrong. It’s not simply about who you are in LA, but who you know – and how good a performer you’ve proved yourself to be.

So just as a hefty percentage of Angelenos would probably curtsey to both Dame Helen Mirren and Olivia Colman, convinced that something Queen-like or royal must have rubbed off on them, people will continue to bow and curtsey to the Sussexes as they make their pots of cash and settle into the Malibu home that boasts “an enormous dedicated theatre room”, “full-size dance studio”, “culinary wonder” of a kitchen, and “vast pool and pool-side cabana”.

But as the pair are branded “distant memories” in the UK by royal biographer Penny Junor - in stark contrast to the other members of the royal family, who are helping to combat the deadly coronavirus pandemic – and Canada mourns what it is branding “Megxit 2” (“It’s Canada that deserves to feel ‘stunned and horrified’,” the Toronto Star remarked after their hasty departure) – it seems unlikely that there won’t be more Megxits to come.
Sorry, but apart from anything else, how the actual fuck do they think they can afford a £15m property? That’s about half of their reported capital, which would therefore reduce their income still further.

They’re going to blow through his inheritance and her reported nest egg in less than a year at this rate, Prince Charles’s hand outs notwithstanding. I’m sure that Charles’s tenants who’re facing a rent rise are delighted to know it’s going to fund MM’s KarTrashian aspirations.

• Angry

50sGirl

VIP Member
I still think their hands were tied by the race issue. OK to say no to an actress, but a black actress (one drop), can you imagine. Headline: “RACIST ROYALS SAY NO TO HARRY”. Harry denied his right to marry the love of his life because she’s mixed race. There would have been riots in the street. They are playing the long game instead and have given the bitch enough rope to hang herself. That noose is getting tighter by the day. Harry will come back the victim. All ends well, except for Harry, he will not be well after this.
I also think Harry most likely told them that if permission wasn’t granted then he’d leave the royal family and marry her anyway.
I feel it was a no win situation for The Queen.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
They chose the wrong time spectacularly to cut themselves off from the RF. If they were going for the sympathy vote in clearing off that has backfired 100%. Rather than looking brave, compared to so many others here and the US in dire straits they look petulant, spoiled and irrelevant. Their big arrival in US has gone by almost unremarked.
They could say any number of things about the Queen on talk shows and no one would care, shown by the deep affection this country and others have for her after her broadcast. It would just look like sour grapes now.
I can't believe Harry can be happy with how things have panned out. In LA with the entertainment industry on its' knees, not a sniff of a talk show appearance (and when there will be it will be stale news), no one will be contributing to a vague airy fairy 'foundation' with uncertain aims other than 'doing good' when they are watching every penny.
And his snubbing of Boris at the Commonwealth ceremony hasn't aged well.

• Heart

usefullyuseless

VIP Member

Too fucking late Harry, you made your bed, now lie in it.
"Prince Harry is 'overwhelmed with guilt' at being so far away from England and feels 'helpless' as it hits him that Prince Charles and the Queen 'won't be around forever', source tells Us Weekly"

Boo-f*cking-hoo. He's only now realising his 93 year old grandmother and 71 year old father won't be around forever. 🙄

Which one of Megan's 'friends' leaked this drivel? 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
I wonder if they will drop their lawsuit against the Mail ? With no guarantee of winning, can they afford to carry it through ?
So little has been said about that recently. And of course nobody can travel for who knows how long. But I’d still like it to go ahead. The Mail must have stuff they’re holding back for this case. I want to know what it is.

Despicableme

Chatty Member
Did anyone see the Times article from a couple of days ago?

Coronavirus: the great leveller. Infecting princes and prime ministers, making hermits of most, hushing the concrete council estate and the millionaires’ leafy square. And yet some still seem to soar above it all. Last week it was reported that, just before Trudeau and Trump closed the longest border in the world, a private jet soared over it, bearing our lately departed Duke and Duchess of Sussex from their hideout in Canada to their new home in California.

It is said that the couple are living in a compound near Hollywood, where they plan to settle permanently. Speaking of their hasty flight, a source declared that because “the borders were closing and flights were stopping”, Harry and Meghan “had to get out”, making Canada sound more like a chaotic war zone than a country of gentle folk and maple syrup pancakes.

The timing of this move might delicately be described as tactless. As Prince Charles fights Covid-19, as hundreds die and thousands grieve, and millions suffer distress and financial uncertainty; as a quarter of the world’s population are allowed little further than their own front door, the duke and duchess chose this moment to display their wealth and the freedom it can buy, to sever ties more definitively from crown and Commonwealth, to further their own interests.
Indeed, the timing is so crass that we have to wonder whether it was deliberate. Perhaps, to paraphrase that odious line coined on 9/11, the Sussexes thought this pandemic was “a good time to bury difficult news”? If this was the rationale, it was entirely wrong. Making the move to California, and making it now, only inflames the irritation many feel over the couple’s actions in recent months.
I am one of those who thought the union of Harry and Meghan an exciting thing for our country. The woman is beautiful, charismatic, blessed with Cleopatra-like poise. She glows as though lit from within by 1,000 watts. Harry’s discovery of Meghan seemed as great a boon to Britain as the uncovering of a fresh field of oil in the North Sea. Then came Megxit part 1: a disappointing rejection of this nation by those who had been offered all its riches on a plate. Still, we could find it in our hearts to understand their need for a life away from the spotlight; we could give them credit for staying within the Commonwealth, and we could be hopeful about their pledge to spend a lot of time in Britain.

Now Megxit part 2 has blown those charitable assumptions about part 1 out of the water. The couple who professed to hate media intrusion have headed to a place where their every move will be captured by paparazzi. The people who make so much of their bonds with the Commonwealth — and who reportedly toyed with a move to Africa — have moved out of it. The duke and duchess who still style their communications with a crown motif, whose brand is explicitly built on the back of the British royal family, have decided that in this moment of crisis they will leave the old firm to it.

According to the Times report on the couple’s move, “the royal family is said to be disappointed that Prince Harry and Meghan have not returned to Britain to perform a supportive role.” Disappointed — exquisite understatement! The word carries the weight of 100 courtiers’ raised eyebrows, and the Queen’s own quiet despair. The theme of Her Majesty’s reign has been humility over haughtiness; whenever possible you stand beside your people, not above them. She learnt that from her mother, who insisted that she and King George VI stayed at Buckingham Palace during the Blitz, and who was “glad” when the Luftwaffe bombed the palace because it meant she could “look the East End in the face”.

Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor donned overalls in the Auxiliary Territorial Service and learned how to drive military trucks alongside other patriotic teenage girls. This is the record, so when her recent statement on coronavirus assured that “my family and I stand ready to play our part”, we knew she meant it. To such a woman, the decision of Harry and Meghan to move to California at this time must beggar belief. Showing solidarity through this crisis would not mean risking their lives or even leaving their home; just hunkering down at Frogmore Cottage and ordering in Deliveroo would have been enough for now, with perhaps a few hospital visits to praise NHS staff later on.

There will be those who argue that the couple have no obligation to this country at all, because their royal “contract” is now up. But the deal the Queen reached with the Sussexes left them with royal titles to enjoy, their security bill footed, the use of Frogmore Cottage — and thus a reasonable expectation that even though they might not be cutting ribbons on rainy days in Wigan, they would show some solidarity in a time of national crisis.

Simply staying in Canada would at least have been inconspicuous (and would have made more sense given that coronavirus is rampaging through Los Angeles). Instead they have chosen this time to move to Hollywood and lay the foundations for lucrative new careers, not out of the spotlight but firmly in it.

Toes across the nation curled recently when footage emerged from last year’s The Lion King premiere showing Prince Harry telling a stunned Disney boss that his wife was available for voiceover work. Last week we saw the result, as the studio released the trailer for a new wildlife documentary voiced by “Meghan, Duchess of Sussex”. Disney’s writers didn’t miss a trick in the film’s tagline: “Powerful stories that show just how far family can take you.” Indeed.

This is what rankles about the Sussexes. Not, for goodness sake, the duchess’s race. Not her sex. It is the hypocrisy. While they have publicly and rather disrespectfully rejected the “shackles” of being British royals, they are only too happy to exploit the status that comes with it. But the price for the Dior and diamonds and adulation should be duty. It should be showing solidarity when the nation needs it, not sweeping in only for a few grand occasions. Contrast their behaviour with that of William and Kate, who have lent their weight to Public Health England’s campaign to protect people’s mental health during the coronavirus crisis.

Still, the Sussexes have made their choice. By making this move, at this time, the break with the royal family feels decisive. There is a loose end, though. We must hope that as they embark on their new lives, Harry and Meghan do the decent thing and seek to cover their own security costs. For Britain to maintain protection for the US-based couple would always have been unpopular; in the light of the coronavirus hit on our economy it is inconceivable. If the Sussexes are no longer servants of the British people, they should no longer expect to be supported by us either.

• Heart

mardymare

VIP Member
At the risk of sounding a little naive, does anyone else step back and look at this mess and think-

I can’t actually believe that Prince Harry, of the world respected British Royal Family, has mugged off the queen and run off to LA with a trashy actress?

I mean you couldn’t have made it up could you? I just can’t believe he’s actually done it. Will and Kate must be cringing round the clock.
İf he is with her (and many seem to think they have not been together for a year or so) their behaviour is incredibly cringy, embarassing, and disrespectful. İ can't believe she is ramping up her PR when the whole world is focused on the pandemic, and especially Prince Charles testing positive. Can't believe she feels their security is top priority in a situation which was entirely of her own making. İ doubt we will know the full truth but so many lies have been made, about Archie, about their whereabouts, about everything. Nothing open or honest. Hoping we get some hard Megxit soon. On another note, William and Kate are doing everything right atm - regal and appropriate......

• Sick
Reactions: 27