Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Signed the petition!
I wondered what was wrong with me when I started to struggle with driving at night. It always took a couple of weeks to adjust once the nights had drawn in in Autumn, but nothing like it is now.
I was told that the purpose of headlights is so that other drivers can see you not to necessarily light the road ahead. LED lights need to go as they are clearly just cosmetic!

Reactions: 1

Glittery1

VIP Member
Every night I have cars flashing me as they think I have my full lights on them…. I don’t, they’re as low as they can go & I often have to them flick them on and off to show them so they stop blinding me.

it’s awful, why do they make cars like this now? I drive rural roads and I don’t think it lights the way any better!

There’s also no option to drive without lights ever - the ‘off’ setting in daylight will even have lights on

Ensay

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel they don't even help you as a driver?

My car is only a couple of years old so it has these new lights and I've seen them on other cars of the same model as mine and feel they're blinding - but when I'm driving at night I still feel I need to put my full beam on when driving on rural roads because the headlights point don't illuminate very far into the distance, despite being bright.

It seems other drivers are the same as I'm constantly seeing full beams being dimmed from oncoming traffic.

Have to say my car is guilty of both of theses! o_O
It is really frustrating but equally I find the ability to see more on the road (I drive a lot of country roads at night with no lights) really helpful, I have had many cars in my time and have often found full beam on my older cars no adequate enough and it’s actually really daunting not being able to see ahead properly on poor roads.

There is no happy medium though, they’re either too bright or not bright enough i Have found.

My car dazzles everyone and I have the lights pointing towards the floor On the lowest setting, I can’t change it unfortunately it’s how the car was made.