Half of drivers are being dazzled by bright headlights

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Signed!

It seems other drivers are the same as I'm constantly seeing full beams being dimmed from oncoming traffic.
I had a courtesy car recently that had a automatic full beam setting. I ended up switching it off because it was too laggy and I felt like it wasn't turning off quickly enough.
It suddenly made sense to me why I was seeing more cars full beams flicking off.

Reactions: 3
I drove past a car with incredibly dazzling bright lights on yesterday. It was lovely and sunny here, so I assumed that he had left his full beam on by mistake. When I looked in the mirror, I could see that his rear lights weren't on, so they must have been his daytime lights? They were horrific, and blinding even in the sunshine. I've signed!

Every night I have cars flashing me as they think I have my full lights on them…. I don’t, they’re as low as they can go & I often have to them flick them on and off to show them so they stop blinding me.

it’s awful, why do they make cars like this now? I drive rural roads and I don’t think it lights the way any better!

There’s also no option to drive without lights ever - the ‘off’ setting in daylight will even have lights on

Reactions: 1
Every night I have cars flashing me as they think I have my full lights on them…. I don’t, they’re as low as they can go & I often have to them flick them on and off to show them so they stop blinding me.

it’s awful, why do they make cars like this now? I drive rural roads and I don’t think it lights the way any better!

There’s also no option to drive without lights ever - the ‘off’ setting in daylight will even have lights on
Can you not get the bulbs changed to less bright ones?

Totally agree - it's such a problem nowadays, alongside the problem of tailgating and all those huge SUV-type vehicles. The roads are just much more dangerous, and I've been driving for nearly 20 years (and used to love it!)
---
LED lights are TERRIBLE for wildlife/the insect population. You can tell, because they're just painful to look at. Just get rid of them everywhere. What a stupid invention.

Reactions: 5