Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just can’t warm to Sara - I find her so unfunny but I did really love Joe do perhaps that doesn’t help. I thought the standard was really good . Brogan’s baby voice is annoying and Marni reminded me of the 1940s lady who won it 2 years ago (Clare?)

Reactions: 7
Yes Marni reminded me of Clare as well.
Sara was great - missing Joe but then I hated it when he took over at first.
Right person went last night, although as I said to OH I wouldn’t even be able to cut out a pattern in 2.5hrs never mind make anything from it!

Yes Marni reminded me of Clare as well.
Sara was great - missing Joe but then I hated it when he took over at first.
Right person went last night, although as I said to OH I wouldn’t even be able to cut out a pattern in 2.5hrs never mind make anything from it!

Reactions: 4
Really enjoyed it. Brogan seems sweet but that voice! I also think her name is stupid. Marni also irritated me but she could just be nervous. The rest were good, a few obvious front runners and a few who may falter. Sarah was fine. I like her but also really liked Joe. Patrick's hair was very severe. Too high a fade? He's still a delight 😊.

Reactions: 5
I thought Marni was funny when she was talking about cockerpoos, I did laugh. I think she could be extremely entertaining but I agree she needs to drop the self depreciating bit, it was starting to grate. She's clearly a competent sewer.

On the actual sewing, it's great to see quite a few that are clearly very experienced sewers and not just there as they are "characters". This could be a cracker of a series.

Patrick's facial hair situation bugs me. He has a moustache AND stumble but its different lengths. Either have a moustache and be clean shaven or just have stubble. I do like him though.

Just caught up on last night’s episode, I’d forgotten how much I love this show! Off to a very promising start although I hate how many of them started sewing during lockdown and are already at Sewing Bee standard. I started learning at the same time and most days I can’t even thread my machine!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just caught up on last night’s episode, I’d forgotten how much I love this show! Off to a very promising start although I hate how many of them started sewing during lockdown and are already at Sewing Bee standard. I started learning at the same time and most days I can’t even thread my machine!!
To be fair some of them couldn't thread their own machine either. It was clear the more experienced sewers were giving the noobs a lot of help and support. I think it's good to see sewers with a large variety of experience on the show but I always hope the more experienced ones get compensated in some way for how much of their time is spent helping others. I recall Veronica Green screwed herself over on Drag Race by spending so long helping the less experienced sewers that she didn't leave herself enough time to finish her own garment.

To be fair some of them couldn't thread their own machine either. It was clear the more experienced sewers were giving the noobs a lot of help and support. I think it's good to see sewers with a large variety of experience on the show but I always hope the more experienced ones get compensated in some way for how much of their time is spent helping others. I recall Veronica Green screwed herself over on Drag Race by spending so long helping the less experienced sewers that she didn't leave herself enough time to finish her own garment.
you're right. I like it when they help one another, however, it can’t be at the expense of their own work. It’ll be interesting to see what happens there…

Reactions: 2
Love Sewing Bee, love Patrick, love seeing what weird necklaces Esme is wearing. Makes me want to get my sewing machine out thats been in the cupboard for years and knock up some fabulous dresses and then I remember I am a rubbish sewer.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The choice of material swayed me with that dress plus the binding was beautifully sewn.
Agreed. That showed a level of skill rarely seen on Sewing Bee. This is why I think this could be a great series, there are a few that look like they can really sew.

I was a big fan of Joe on the show and I'm not mad keen on Sara, but perhaps she'll grow on me...

Marni is my favourite, and I really like Man Lee and Chichi too. It's about time they shifted the shows from London/SE, Pottery Throw Down is in the Potteries, glad they're showing off more of the rest of the country.

Reactions: 6
I am the opposite of sporty (potato-y?) so I was expecting to hate this week. Some of the jackets were absolutely fantastic! I especially liked the Team GB one with pink in it, and I really detest pink. The shoe challenge was hard, but I did hate all of the netball skirt outfits.

Reactions: 6