Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vicki chose to have a curvy / plus size model, so if it did disadvantage her at all, at least it wasn’t something imposed on her. She said it was one of her reasons for going on the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought that the sewers had the measurements of their models in advance so they were able to produce their pattern pieces for the made to measure. When Vicki was talking about the adjustments she made I thought she had done this ahead of the day as she knew they’d needed to be done because of her model’s proportions.

Reactions: 3
Esme is so intriguing.
This from an interview.

Screenshot_20230722_025329.jpg

She also owns a beach hut in Kent she bought years ago for £500.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been listening to her book this week and she’s had a fascinating life, she’s got a life long tenancy on the flat.

Anyone seen Aasma call out a troll on Instagram, good for her on saying go away to them.
patrick and Esme have their favourites but I don’t think they would let bad sewing slide because of age, race, gender.
I might not warm to the lady but good to hear someone address this head on

Reactions: 8
With Aasma you expect perfection, I'd like to see more personality from her - but it's a skill show not life story wah wah competition
I like Mia too, so I'd be pleased for her or Aasma winning.
Tony is definitely not the winner, but has earned his place in the final.
Lizzie reminded me visually of liza Goddard (blast from the 80s past!)

Reactions: 9
With Aasma you expect perfection, I'd like to see more personality from her - but it's a skill show not life story wah wah competition
Interesting, I feel I know more about Aasma’s personality than the other finalists, there’s been quite a few little gems.

I like Asmaa’s personality a lot, I appreciate the fact that while she is living her own life in a more culturally conservative way, she seems totally accepting and supportive of her daughter’s choices. Every time she mentions her daughter she sounds so loving and warm, but without being over-sharing like some people get on these shows. I also like the fact that despite obviously doing very important work in her role as a surgeon, she doesn’t wank on about the NHS and expect lots of praise and deference - despite the bad rep surgeons get, she seems very on the level.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Interesting, I feel I know more about Aasma’s personality than the other finalists, there’s been quite a few little gems.
I feel like we know a lot about Asmaa's life, but not much about the others. I know Tony's a postman, but I had no idea that Vicky worked in a police control room. Either it's been their choice on what to share, or it's down to the editing, I don't really know which.

Reactions: 5
Anyone seen Aasma call out a troll on Instagram, good for her on saying go away to them.
patrick and Esme have their favourites but I don’t think they would let bad sewing slide because of age, race, gender.
I might not warm to the lady but good to hear someone address this head on
What happened with the troll? I must have missed that.

The editing, they skimmed over lots of the contesting this year to only focus on a couple.

the Instagram racist = Asmara screenshot ted a comment that Patrick and Esmeralda wouldn’t critique her as they didn’t want to come off as racist, Asmara hit back that she was critiqued and agreed with their comments and that outside of the editing they give very through critiques to the contestants. Then said soul£ block comments like it and original posted had since deleted their comment.
personally from screenshot thought it was from here but not sure

Aasma is the winner for me. She's got winner written all over her, I really like her and honestly, I'd love to be her friend. She's got that unflappable 'knows who she is and what she wants' vibe that I love, her pieces have always been well thought out.

That being said, wtf happened in week 7 (I know, I'm going back a lot here, I had lots of weeks to catch up on) where she made the lovely 90s mermaid cut dress but for whatever reason, all of the straps she worked hard on at the back weren't shown to us at all! What terrible editing to leave that out.

I mean this (gorgeous) dress btw. Honestly, go back on iPlayer and the straps she spent ages working on weren't shown once, what was up with that? I gotta say it here, it's such a dull (as in, I couldn't get my mum to notice or care) yet frustrating moment.

1690242930732.png

Reactions: 7
I agree I was shocked and disappointed not to see the back straps, I shouted at the tv "show us the bloody back straps!"

Wonder if any Aasma Instagram followers can ask her to put a photo up of it.

They were shown, I remember seeing them, just not for very long
Yeah from the side in the bit where they're still making it and are stuffing their models into the dresses. When the model came down the catwalk and Patrick and Esme were judging, they didn't show it. Properly niggled me, made such a kerfuffle about her making all these straps and then didn't even show them on the model!

Reactions: 1
Yeah from the side in the bit where they're still making it and are stuffing their models into the dresses. When the model came down the catwalk and Patrick and Esme were judging, they didn't show it. Properly niggled me, made such a kerfuffle about her making all these straps and then didn't even show them on the model!
They didn’t focus on it for long but it was shown, not the best photo but you can see in this photo.
IMG_1206.jpeg

Reactions: 6
I thought the same at the time. They didn't critique the straps at all, whereas they turned around every other model to look at the back.

Reactions: 1