Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The back of that outfit was even worse. There was a cutout and it showed his hairy back (I took a photo but it does not feel right to post it) Hairy backs are a big turn off for me! Not a good look.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I don't think you're the target market for that look. Seems rather mean to try and shame him.

Reactions: 2
Mia cheerfully saying "Oh, I wasn't even born in the 1990s!" has reduced me to a geriatric zombie, shambling towards my grave. Surely the '90s were only three years ago?

Absolutely cracking soundtrack this week though, I was reliving my childhood all the way through.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Actually watching an episode in real time 👐
It's made me want a green bacardi breezer to recreate my youth!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Mia cheerfully saying "Oh, I wasn't even born in the 1990s!" has reduced me to a geriatric zombie, shambling towards my grave. Surely the '90s were only three years ago?

Absolutely cracking soundtrack this week though, I was reliving my childhood all the way through.
Yes that made me say ‘oh duck off’ and I was only a kid in the 90s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Slightly off topic for this week’s episode but I was looking up how old Lizzie was (thinking she must have been a mature student in the 90s) and saw how old Fauve was and blimey, was shocked!

Reactions: 2
Mia is wearing a £315 jumper I just looked it up.
---
Slightly off topic for this week’s episode but I was looking up how old Lizzie was (thinking she must have been a mature student in the 90s) and saw how old Fauve was and blimey, was shocked!
Jesus, tough paper round 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Mia wearing last season Gyles Brandreth! He has made so much money from that sweater design. Princess Diana wore it too.

Loved Aasma’s dress. Worthy of garment of the week. The rest of the designs left me cold this week. It’s funny how things change. I would have put money on Lizzie lasting longer than Tony but she had a mare this week.

Goes off to look at ages.
---
So I would have put Fauve at 34, she’s 26. And Lizzie at 57, she’s 49. Sewing ages people, all that squinting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I really enjoyed this week (def helped by the 90s music on the show too). Asmaa's dress was immense 😍 One of the best made to measures I have ever seen on the show.

Reactions: 14
When they started talking about '90s icons for the transormation challenge, I was hoping someone would do something based on Wolf from Gladiators.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Absolutely gutted Lizzie went, she was emerging as an amazing sewer but the wheels fell off. Broke my heart when she spoke about her link to her mum. I think because I’ve lost my mum too.

Mia saying I wasn’t born in the 90’s made me want to vomit! I was still in primary but still!

When they started talking about '90s icons for the transormation challenge, I was hoping someone would do something based on Wolf from Gladiators.
I'd be hopeless at thinking these things up on the spot!

Asmaa's dress was immense
I loved that dress, it seems alot more complicated than the others to make too.

Broke my heart when she spoke about her link to her mum. I think because I’ve lost my mum too.
Sorry about your mum. I lost mine recently too and she taught me to see as well so it hit close to home too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Asmaa’s MTM was amazing. I thought it was a bit unfair with the 90s icons challenge - she would have been growing up in an oppressive regime!
Poor Lizzie 😢

So I would have put Fauve at 34, she’s 26
Jesus Christ I’m 24 I can’t believe she’s only 2 years older!

Enjoyed this week can’t believe it’s the first time Asmaa has got garment of the week! Men’s wear challenge next week I bet Tony will be happy

Some of these models are not very good at modelling the clothes to their best advantage. I know we are all shapes and sizes but it isn’t a level playing field to show off the clothes - Tony’s model was too big for that style of dress and her posture was terrible. When I saw that design of Tony’s I just thought, that is not flattering, but he was not designing for a fuller figured woman. Aasma’s model was very slim and showed off the dress to perfection.

I am probably going to cop some flak for this, you are fat shaming etc - but the models should all be a similar size to make the showing off of the clothes more equalised.

Reactions: 12
Some of these models are not very good at modelling the clothes to their best advantage. I know we are all shapes and sizes but it isn’t a level playing field to show off the clothes - Tony’s model was too big for that style of dress and her posture was terrible. When I saw that design of Tony’s I just thought, that is not flattering, but he was not designing for a fuller figured woman. Aasma’s model was very slim and showed off the dress to perfection.

I am probably going to cop some flak for this, you are fat shaming etc - but the models should all be a similar size to make the showing off of the clothes more equalised.
I don’t even think it was just that. The challenge was 90’s. The 90’s was ‘heroine chic’ era. It was where everyone aspired to be skin and bone. Difficult to pull that look off on a plus size model and I’m saying that as a fat person

Reactions: 1
I don’t even think it was just that. The challenge was 90’s. The 90’s was ‘heroine chic’ era. It was where everyone aspired to be skin and bone. Difficult to pull that look off on a plus size model and I’m saying that as a fat person
The beginning of the 90s the supermodels were amazonian types. It kinda changed with Kate Moss

I agree. I think have different body types each week because it shows how versatile the sewers are better. I get the feeling they pick their own model which is an advantage if you can pick one the same size as the clothes you're used to making.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if the contestants have to submit all their weekly designs for the made-to-measure ahead of time - and so before they know who their model is?
Otherwise I think that was a poor design choice from Tony. I also happened to dislike the design and aside from the black/gold didn’t feel very 90s to me.

Vicki had a larger model and managed to fit to her size although I also disliked that dress. You could see the difference in how the models showed off the dresses though, agree Tony’s had terrible posture and also needed better underwear for that dress.

Reactions: 4