Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Garment of the week 😬.
I thought it was just goth bride rather than inspired by a surrealist painting. Tony W 's red dress was good but again, hardly says Salvador Dali to me. Asmaa smashed it this week. Vicky needs to claw her way back up because she started strong the first week.
Hopefully with children's week they go back to using proper fabric 😂

Tony W looked miserable all the way through, glad he's gone. His skirt wasn't very abstract 😂

Reactions: 7
Fauve is the one we all hate this year, right? Because she is doing my head in

the men this series have been terrible - it’s like they just put them in for the sake of it

They’re trying to hard to come up with ‘new’ challenges (like bake off does too) and need to go back to ‘basics’. Although that transformation challenge was really good overall, Asmaa’s was stucking funnning

love love loved the cloud dress

Lizzie ftw, or Asmaa

Reactions: 10
Felt a bit sorry for Tony this week. It's a sewing programme so to me the dress that got the fit wrong should have been bottom un the first round.

The second one had some outfits that weren't that practical, an issue the judges seem to pick and choose when that matters.

And final round that extra large tshirt black dress was pretty simple

Reactions: 5
Felt a bit sorry for Tony this week. It's a sewing programme so to me the dress that got the fit wrong should have been bottom un the first round.

The second one had some outfits that weren't that practical, an issue the judges seem to pick and choose when that matters.

And final round that extra large tshirt black dress was pretty simple
I was wondering about the transformation challenge practicality. In that some of them seem to have been sewn on the model ie no obvious way of getting the garment on or off like buttons or fastenings. Which wasn't commented on at all.
Maybe some of the simpler garments had taken that into account - which did not work in their favour.

Reactions: 4
The sewing bee is turning into the Fauve show!! They seem to be just filming what she thinks non of the others. They have forgotten the other contestants! The producers love her. I find it a bit weird!!

Reactions: 8
The sewing bee is turning into the Fauve show!! They seem to be just filming what she thinks non of the others. They have forgotten the other contestants! The producers love her. I find it a bit weird!!
She’s working it. This faux Patrick pash etc,

Reactions: 6
I was wondering about the transformation challenge practicality. In that some of them seem to have been sewn on the model ie no obvious way of getting the garment on or off like buttons or fastenings. Which wasn't commented on at all.
Maybe some of the simpler garments had taken that into account - which did not work in their favour.
Very true. It's something they've picked up on in past series.

Reactions: 2
I didn't think Fauves was the best garment this week, first time I've thought that too.
Glad Tony's gone, he seems so down all the time, hope he's OK.
Not sure Sarah saying he's leaving on a high is helpful!

Reactions: 6
I don't like watching either Tony. I think the other one will leave soon. Neither seems to be enjoying it.

Reactions: 1

Garment of the week 😬.
It was bliddy awful!
---
Fauve is such a try hard. Wants to be a personality.
One day she will look at all her "pashing" on Patrick and will be too embarrassed to ever leave the house again . . . .

If I were her I\d start sewing a simple all-purpose garment based on Miss Haversham's bridal gown now.
---
Fauve is the one we all hate this year, right? Because she is doing my head in

the men this series have been terrible - it’s like they just put them in for the sake of it

They’re trying to hard to come up with ‘new’ challenges (like bake off does too) and need to go back to ‘basics’. Although that transformation challenge was really good overall, Asmaa’s was stucking funnning

love love loved the cloud dress

Lizzie ftw, or Asmaa
They DO need to go back to basics - proper garments, well made and a wonderful atmosphere of camaraderie. Good use of recycled garments/ other materials but made into wearable garments.

Not being afraid to repeat challenges from one series to the next.

I want people who can sew - I don't care whether they're gay, straight, bi or trans. I know I'm a hard-faced lady-dog, but I JUST DON'T CARE!

Keep the background/ family stuff well out of the way (until maybe the final). I don't mind knowing that someone has X job, is married / co-habiting and collects cats, but I don't want their entire history and to meet their grandmother who dug for victory in the blitz.

Just sew.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Kid’s week…
My favourite week, if only for the way Patrick always seems to be on the verge of barely suppressed hysteria throughout it.

I think the year they had to make childrens' fancy dress outfits out of sleeping bags broke something very important in his brain: I still crack up every time I remember his face as he surveyed the insanity of a dozen little mannequins dressed up as crisp packets, a bunch of grapes and some sushi.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't get why cutting up functional clothes is a thing. I'd like it better if there were stained or ripped clothes because it's more relatable...in my house anyway!

Reactions: 3
Really loved Tony’s made to measure, it deserved garment of the week!

Actually ended up feeling slightly bad for Fauve leaving as didn’t find her that annoying this week.

Reactions: 4
Some dull sews. I loved Tony’s dress. Good call that Fauve should go.
Tony's dress was strange and fabulous, I loved how his tiny little model was clearly delighted to be wearing it. I think that's what gave him the edge, there's nothing like seeing someone wear a dress that clearly makes them feel like God Queen Ballerina, or whatever it was that little girl was imagining herself as when she was doing high-kicks in it during the judging. 💗

Kind of sad that Fauve went, I thought she was sweet, in a slightly highly strung, eccentric way. She made me laugh a good few times, and I honestly thought they would take the decision to have a No-Boot Week this week.

Reactions: 8
Tony's dress was strange and fabulous, I loved how his tiny little model was clearly delighted to be wearing it. I think that's what gave him the edge, there's nothing like seeing someone wear a dress that clearly makes them feel like God Queen Ballerina, or whatever it was that little girl was imagining herself as when she was doing high-kicks in it during the judging. 💗

Kind of sad that Fauve went, I thought she was sweet, in a slightly highly strung, eccentric way. She made me laugh a good few times, and I honestly thought they would take the decision to have a No-Boot Week this week.
So thank you for telling me that -- we don't usually tell this until a couple of days later as some us don't watch until tomorrow but do like to hear discussions without names.