Great British Bake Off 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoy this show.
I never watched it on the BBC because I find Mel and Sue unfunny and annoying and their presence would stop my enjoyment.
So when it swapped channels I started watching and really like it.
I thought it a weird choice to have Noel presenting it but I do like him.
And he was okay with Sandi, I thought.

I don't think Matt Lucas is a good fit and I think Noel has passed his sell-by date on this show. They certainly do not gel together.

I'm not even sure they need two presenters or if they need to be (so-called) comedians either.
Completely agree. I think Sandi and Noel worked well together but him and Matt are horrendous. I always look at my phone when they do the ‘comedy’ bits, same with Harry Hill on the Junior one. I do love the show but I think it’s in a dire need of a shake up.

Apparently there are people who don't fancy Chigs and who don't love Jurgen???
I am one of those people. Really sorry everyone but I can’t see the love for Jurgen. He’s a great baker though!

@Wellwouldntyouknowit i am obsessed with Pru’s style!!
I love that Lily Collins paid homage to her in W magazine
656C95BD-87A7-4839-A2B1-A9B812785485.jpeg

I’m a fan of Crystelle, not sure why people dislike her!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The Kiwi version is far superior in terms of presenters. We just started s3 last night. Much nicer judges too. Admittedly I don't know who any of them are ha.

I think I'm the only one who isn't that bothered about Jürgen. Lizzie still annoys me. I don't love any of them this year.

Reactions: 1
I don't mind Crystelle: I really like her neat presentation and although she comes across a bit extra at times, on balance I enjoy watching her.
Lizzie has grown on me a bit too. I still find her a bit OTT but she's genuinely funny and has great comic timing. Her irreverence is refreshing. I don't understand her style in terms of hair and clothing but I guess they reflect her personality so 🤷
Loving Giuseppe and Jürgen still. Giuseppe has fantastic teeth!
I don't fancy Chigs but he was definitely more attractive this week and I feel the glasses were doing a lot of the heavy lifting 😁 He seems like a really nice, fun person. Ditto George: it was his time to leave but you could tell the others were sorry to see him go.
Free-from week is a good idea.
I hope Paul is taking the piss with that "I expected more from you" comment. I know it's an entertainment show but he needs regular reminders that it's just cake 🤣

Reactions: 13
think Sandi and Noel worked well together but him and Matt are horrendous
Wasn't there a rumour that Sandi and Noel didn't get on? I'm not sure how true that is ( I'd believe she wouldn't get on with Paul though). I like Crystelle too. She's young and can be a bit ott but she doesn't annoy me as much as Kim Joy did with her ' Oh Im so quirky' business that everyone loved!

Reactions: 6
Completely agree. I think Sandi and Noel worked well together but him and Matt are horrendous. I always look at my phone when they do the ‘comedy’ bits, same with Harry Hill on the Junior one. I do love the show but I think it’s in a dire need of a shake up.

I am one of those people. Really sorry everyone but I can’t see the love for Jurgen. He’s a great baker though!

I love that Lily Collins paid homage to her in W magazine View attachment 851008

I’m a fan of Crystelle, not sure why people dislike her!
I think Crystelle comes across as a bit of a Hermione (Harry Potter ref!) which rubs people up the wrong way.
I personally don't mind her (I'm sure she's thrilled!) and she has had some good bakes. I feel like any attractive young women on the show are onto a loser now as if they get anywhere people say it's because Paul fancies them.

Wasn't there a rumour that Sandi and Noel didn't get on? I'm not sure how true that is ( I'd believe she wouldn't get on with Paul though). I like Crystelle too. She's young and can be a bit ott but she doesn't annoy me as much as Kim Joy did with her ' Oh Im so quirky' business that everyone loved!
I miss Sandi - she was a good foil for Noel's zany behaviour!

Reactions: 12
I feel so bad for Jurgen, I feel like he's being treated a lot differently than even say, Guiseppe. They seem hell bent on making him seem like he was doing poorly for a while. Even Jurgen at not 100% is better than half the people in the tent. Are they trying to make it seem like the roster this year is on equal footing?

Meanwhile Noel awkwardly having that skit with unpacking George's clothes...yikes.

Reactions: 9
I feel so bad for Jurgen, I feel like he's being treated a lot differently than even say, Guiseppe. They seem hell bent on making him seem like he was doing poorly for a while. Even Jurgen at not 100% is better than half the people in the tent. Are they trying to make it seem like the roster this year is on equal footing?

Meanwhile Noel awkwardly having that skit with unpacking George's clothes...yikes.
I think they are. They have to add a bit of jeopardy to the proceedings and if people think Jurgen is a shoe in, they may not bother watching.

Reactions: 1
Crystelle irritates me in the same way Rahul did in his year… you don’t enter Bake Off, let alone make it through several weeks without knowing you can bake, so stop acting surprised at good comments. It’s not endearing, it seems fake.

She is so keen to be turned into a gif or a meme with all the OTT theatrics and expressions and I just don’t have time for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Crystelle irritates me in the same way Rahul did in his year… you don’t enter Bake Off, let alone make it through several weeks without knowing you can bake, so stop acting surprised at good comments. It’s not endearing, it seems fake.

She is so keen to be turned into a gif or a meme with all the OTT theatrics and expressions and I just don’t have time for it.
Thank you, you've articulated why I've been so irritated by her. I knew I was but couldn't put my finger on the reason 🤣

Reactions: 7
Thank you, you've articulated why I've been so irritated by her. I knew I was but couldn't put my finger on the reason 🤣
Rahul was another level ' Oh I'm sooo humble' I don't think anyone will come close to him on that front!

Reactions: 5
Guys.. I’m absolutely outraged by this Rahul slander, I don’t think he was faking his humility at all. You could tell when Noel spoke to him he just wanted him to go away 😂. He comes across so genuine on insta even now. Crystelle however is constantly sideeyeing the camera and desperate to become a meme.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They both act(ed) like they’re in Squid Game and the game is to bake and they’ve miraculously found out that they’re good enough to avoid instant death having never done it before.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So… what are tonight’s bake-off snacks? I have half a Colin the caterpillar, and a box of hotel chocolat 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.