Great British Bake Off 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matt sounded like he was about to cry.

Jurgen for the win.

Do you think we can get Chigs to release a topless calender??

Has anyone else noticed they show who’s going first close up then the other and then say the person who’s going 🤣. It happens every week!

They've been doing it for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else think they put a lot of pressure on Jurgen to be the best? "Nice to have you back Jurgen" etc. Leave our Winnie the Pooh alone ❤😤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Does anyone else think they put a lot of pressure on Jurgen to be the best? "Nice to have you back Jurgen" etc. Leave our Winnie the Pooh alone ❤😤
Think he’s definitely judged to higher standards than others, for sure

Reactions: 16
Poor little Georgie-boy. anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing him on an extra slice.

• Heart
aw, poor george 🥺 I've always loved how every year's cast seem to really get on

I also kinda have a bit of a thing for giuseppe. probably because he looks like graziano di prima in 20 years time

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Love love love George 🥲

and bloody hell! Leave Juergen alone! He gets so much pressure. I love him so much🤣 🍯

crystelle, annoying annoying annoying!

First time I saw the chig’s hotness 🔥

Reactions: 9
Crystelle is doing miso AGAIN?! Didn't she do that last week 🤔
Yes I noticed that! Why use the same flavouring again in the same ' .iso caramel type dish?

these domes are entirely too stressful!
I didn't see the point of the domes. They were entirely unnecessary. The dessert would have been enough, and they could have got them to do some sugar work or something. It's annoying when they make them do something pointless.

I'm already expecting him to be the "I expected more from you" for next week
I think Jurgen is just too far ahead of the others. I'm finding it a bit boring, when at the quarter finals I already think Jurgen is going to win. Normally there are two or three contenders or the early favourite falls down later on but its just now they may as well give it to Jurgen. But maybe I'm wrong and I'm just a bit bored of Bakeoff, or maybe I'm just in a bad mood :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that! Why use the same flavouring again in the same ' .iso caramel type dish?

I didn't see the point of the domes. They were entirely unnecessary. The dessert would have been enough, and they could have got them to do some sugar work or something. It's annoying when they make them do something pointless.

I think Jurgen is just too far ahead of the others. I'm finding it a bit boring, when at the quarter finals I already think Jurgen is going to win. Normally there are two or three contenders or the early favourite falls down later on but its just now they may as well give it to Jurgen. But maybe I'm wrong and I'm just a bit bored of Bakeoff, or maybe I'm just in a bad mood :ROFLMAO:
Ooh I don't think Jurgen has it wrapped up at all! I think it could just as easily be Giuseppe. Doubt any of the others will swing it though

Ooh I don't think Jurgen has it wrapped up at all! I think it could just as easily be Giuseppe. Doubt any of the others will swing it though
I think it could be either Juergen or Giuseppe, but the preview at the end of the show that showed Paul telling someone next week "I expected better from you" while giving someone a look of disgust, I've got an awful feeling it's Juergen he's talking too :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think that with the exception of Lizzie any of the others might win.

Having said that I was glad Lizzie got through this week, when the judges declared her showstopper as inedible I thought George would sneak through again. I have no dislike for George but he did well to last as long as he did and on reflection did not outlast any exceptional bakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think it could be either Juergen or Giuseppe, but the preview at the end of the show that showed Paul telling someone next week "I expected better from you" while giving someone a look of disgust, I've got an awful feeling it's Juergen he's talking too :(
I thought so too 😔 I really hope it's not hom because I think he takes the criticism quite hard! Whoever he is talking to, it's quite harsh!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I thought so too 😔 I really hope it's not hom because I think he takes the criticism quite hard! Whoever he is talking to, it's quite harsh!
I think Paul has been a lot meaner this year, it’s so unnecessary. I think they forget that this is supposed to be an amateur baking show, of course there needs to be some standard, not denying that, but idk, I just feel like he’s so mean this year for absolutely no reason. Like walking up to George’s technical, calling it a mess. Like ok, but most of the bakers looked a mess so why single his one out? (Of course, I know it’s down to the editing team as well, maybe they were all called a mess)

Reactions: 11
He annoyed me that Juergen’s was as good, if not better than crystelle’s last week and yet… who gets a handshake?

I enjoy this show.
I never watched it on the BBC because I find Mel and Sue unfunny and annoying and their presence would stop my enjoyment.
So when it swapped channels I started watching and really like it.
I thought it a weird choice to have Noel presenting it but I do like him.
And he was okay with Sandi, I thought.

I don't think Matt Lucas is a good fit and I think Noel has passed his sell-by date on this show. They certainly do not gel together.

I'm not even sure they need two presenters or if they need to be (so-called) comedians either.

I thought George was lovely but so many of his creations were raw and you can't really win a baking contest if your stuff isn't actually baked.
So I think it was the right time for him to go.

Reactions: 6
Matt and Noel's intros are getting more and more stupid each week. I'm just not liking them together.

Reactions: 13
Matt and Noel's intros are getting more and more stupid each week. I'm just not liking them together.
The only thing they've done to make me laugh this series is when they dressed up as the Country and Western band.
Even then it was Paul's uncanny resemblance to billy ray cyrus and Prue's moustache that made me giggle rather than Matt or Noel.

Matt does get some Brownie points for catching the top layer of that cake before it fell, though.

Rumours were in his first year on the show, Noel got paid £120 grand.

Dunno if that's true.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.