Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

theghosttown

VIP Member
Do you have hard water? Sometimes that can react badly with certain shampoos (especially if they have sulphates) and cause build up.

You can buy quite cheap shower filters on Ebay:

I also second a clarifying shampoo and just using it maybe once a week or if/when you feel you need to.
Oooooo yes our water is very hard! Could you recommend a clarifying shampoo??

theghosttown

VIP Member
Same. Two things have helped: a silicone head massager thing from Amazon and the OGX refreshing scalp tea tree & mint shampoo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CNKQX86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H4anEbMHQV50X

Oooooo this looks good, do you use the massager to massage the shampoo into the scalp? I was using kerastase greasy root, dry ends and it did nothing. I then just picked up an Elvive one but again, doesn't seem to help. I use a kerastase shampoo but I literally used a pea size right on the ends. Very annoying!!

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Oooooo this looks good, do you use the massager to massage the shampoo into the scalp? I was using kerastase greasy root, dry ends and it did nothing. I then just picked up an Elvive one but again, doesn't seem to help. I use a kerastase shampoo but I literally used a pea size right on the ends. Very annoying!!
Yes, give your scalp a good old rub with the massager when you shampoo. It improved things immeasurably for me within a few days.

Also it’s boring but remember to wash your hairbrush with detergent (or something that cuts through grease) regularly, clean your straighteners/tongs, and change your pillowcase frequently until you have broken the cycle.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I use the Mane & Tail clarifying shampoo once a week and L'Oreal Fibrology the rest of the time, and just condition the ends. I usually wash my hair every second day. The odd time I can go three days helped along with dry shampoo, but usually by day three it's starting to look greasy.
I had horribly oily hair in my teens and thought it would be long gone by now! (I'm 40)

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I used to rinse my hair in water and apple cider vinegar mix - the scalp has a slightly acidid PH so it's important to keep it that way.
I wash my hair most of days, but my hair isn't greasy. It's just a habit.
I use Faith In Nature with lavender. A brilliant shampoo.