Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Milktray

VIP Member
argh! the worst thing is that i very much know the difference between to and too. the shame! 🤦🏻‍♀️
How funny! 🤣🤣🤣
Slate other people's grammar/spelling by getting it wrong yourself! It's usually something that I do.

Honestly, I had to re-read my comment about 10 times before I hit 'post'. There's nothing worse!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
When people say "I could care less!" when they mean "I couldn't care less!" and don't realise that they're saying exactly the opposite of what they mean! 🤦🏻‍♀️

The plural of "bus" is "buses." Busses, with two S, is a verb e.g. "the local council busses in resources from outside the area." Similar for words like "gases", seeing people mix these up is annoying

• Heart

Pambo

Text speak. There's no limit (ok, there might be; but it's huge) on characters on Facebook and forums.
Related to that, folks who post a two sentence reply and then apologise to the forum for writing a "book".

• Haha

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
"On Christmas" and "on the weekend".

I say "at Christmas" and "at the weekend".

Am I wrong? Am I unjustified in my loathing?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Not exactly grammar, but when people don't have the common courtesy to ask how someone's name is pronounced. Usually it's a non-English name, and instead of checking the pronunciation, they will continually make a half-arsed mess of it. I find names and their origins really interesting, and it's also a good way to get into a conversation with someone.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I don't see that one as much, thankfully.

On another note, I am finding the tabloids seem to be employing "journalists" who are not far off being illiterate. Many articles now are unreadble because the writing is so appalling.
Even so-called reputable papers have atrocious punctuation at times

Django

VIP Member
My pet peeve is this trend of joining words together eg eachother, abit, ofcourse.

Also using breath instead of breathe eg ‘I am struggling to breath‘

And I’m sure @AliceInWanderLost will join me with this one - Tattle should have an eye role emoji but there are non
I think that you meant to say none, not non, but 'there isn't one' would make more sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Ensay

VIP Member
There's a board outside a sandwich shop near me that says "Tasty sandwiche's here".

I want to get out a marker pen every time I walk past it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4