Grackle #4 Begging for freebies while behaving like she’s on CBeebies

Will Grace get the free honeymoon she's begging for so desperately?

• Yes, her dream honeymoon

Votes: 24 12.5%
  • Yes, but an Aliexpress version of her honeymoon

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Yes, 2 nights in a tent in her parents backyard doing her favorite childhood activities

Votes: 72 37.5%
  • No, she actually has to pay

Votes: 53 27.6%
  • Other.. (Leave comment)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to Grace's 4th thread!
Last one flew by even though nothing much happened.
Up to her usual routine of buying, tasting, buying, begging and more buying!

Wonderful thread title by the lovely @CabalofBolorneaise

Someone please kindly do a recap!

Be sure to vote in the poll!

Happy tattling! 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Recap: after moaning about being single for months, Grace’s First Ever Boyfriend was hard launched last summer via TikTok then quickly erased from the internet and not heard from again until their engagement in her Christmas blogs. Less than one year later we’re about to see (very little of) their shotgun wedding despite there being a lot of doubt that they’ve ever really been alone together since they always seem to have a family member tagging along on any of the few adventures they’ve managed to squash into the last few months. Grace is still doing the usual - hanging around alone all day at home, tasting things from supermarkets and bakeries, and half-arsing baking/recipes with no planning despite having a literal degree in baking from a well respected university. She’s using her time well by begging for free wedding stuff including the honeymoon she still hasn’t booked despite having already treated us to her year 3 style hen night of jumping around her parents back garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Shouldn’t her newest video be labelled as an ad in some way, since she featured the gifted chocolate? The whole “I can’t believe they’re giving so generously to little old me” act is pretty stale. All these companies aren’t gifting her stuff out of the goodness of their hearts. They gift her stuff so she will feature it in videos and generate sales. She can at least label her content appropriately.

Reactions: 15
I’m quite disappointed that they gifted her that chocolate as it was such a blatant beg. If you want stuff like that for your wedding, you should buy it yourself like everyone else has to. It’s not as if she can’t afford it.

Reactions: 13
Shouldn’t her newest video be labelled as an ad in some way, since she featured the gifted chocolate? The whole “I can’t believe they’re giving so generously to little old me” act is pretty stale. All these companies aren’t gifting her stuff out of the goodness of their hearts. They gift her stuff so she will feature it in videos and generate sales. She can at least label her content appropriately.
I don't think so. She got them for free ""gifted"", she didn't get paid for it / for promoting it. It's like almost free promotion for the company. No need to pay the influencer and after begging for ages the influencer (grace, in this case) will definitely want to show what she got.

Totally agree with the whole who silly old me? act, it's sooo tiring. she knows what she's doing and it's just gross.

Reactions: 8
Another flop of a video with the supermarket cafes. Yeah I get you might assume that the supermarket would have a cafe and it be open but if you’re planning to do that specifically for a video then why would you not take a drive to these places beforehand just to make sure. She never does any pre-planning and the videos just end up a shambles.

Also titling it as “every supermarket” when Tesco and Asda didn’t feature is false advertising.

Reactions: 19
Another flop of a video with the supermarket cafes. Yeah I get you might assume that the supermarket would have a cafe and it be open but if you’re planning to do that specifically for a video then why would you not take a drive to these places beforehand just to make sure. She never does any pre-planning and the videos just end up a shambles.

Also titling it as “every supermarket” when Tesco and Asda didn’t feature is false advertising.
Heck, she doesn't even need do that, pretty sure a look on the supermarket website for store details would say if they have a cafe and if it's open or not.

She is so lazy with the lack of effort or planning it's embarassing.

Reactions: 17
Heck, she doesn't even need do that, pretty sure a look on the supermarket website for store details would say if they have a cafe and if it's open or not.

She is so lazy with the lack of effort or planning it's embarassing.
Very true.

There’s so many YouTubers creating very similar content to hers and doing it better.

Reactions: 6
She has turned thoroughly out of touch and honestly a spoiled brat. It’s grim. Just shows how utterly far removed from yourself you can become when the money and adoration starts pouring in. Influencer culture is bad for the soul.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Truly nothing left of her humbleness or maybe her real self is coming more and more.
I really don't like how greedy she is

Reactions: 10
Truly nothing left of her humbleness or maybe her real self is coming more and more.
I really don't like how greedy she is
Sometimes I do wonder if this was her all along. She turned the childish, playful Grace off at the snap of her fingers. Personality transplant overnight. The company you keep too - can’t imagine her and Honor have nothing in common. This chocolate thing has finished me off, it’s utterly embarrassing.

Reactions: 9
I don't think so. She got them for free ""gifted"", she didn't get paid for it / for promoting it. It's like almost free promotion for the company. No need to pay the influencer and after begging for ages the influencer (grace, in this case) will definitely want to show what she got.

Totally agree with the whole who silly old me? act, it's sooo tiring. she knows what she's doing and it's just gross.
I thought this too but I checked the UK guidelines and it’s pretty clear that all content should be clearly marked as an ad, even if it’s just featuring gifted products:

If you’ve been incentivised in any way to promote a brand, or product in your social media content, for example in photos including carousels, videos, reels or stories, podcasts or other posts online it’s important that all this content is clearly identifiable as an ad (or advertising).

This includes where you’ve been paid to post content, received a gift, or post content about your own business.

It also includes businesses sending products or invites to events without asking for anything in return (‘freebies’ or ‘gifts’).

This is from the UK government page specifically about hidden ads for influencers/content creators. It means that Grace has been hiding ads all over her videos for ages, in breach of advertising guidelines. I know some people will probably come out to defend her over this being overkill, but these are the regulations, and it is her JOB to know about it.

• Wow
I can’t understand how she STILL isn’t using a proper external microphone for her voiceovers. It’s so jarring when it goes to the muffled to quiet audio every two minutes. This is literally her only job and it sounds like she just films it directly on her laptop. Plus she’s still cutting herself off in half the clips. Girl needs editing classes.

Reactions: 16
I can’t understand how she STILL isn’t using a proper external microphone for her voiceovers. It’s so jarring when it goes to the muffled to quiet audio every two minutes. This is literally her only job and it sounds like she just films it directly on her laptop. Plus she’s still cutting herself off in half the clips. Girl needs editing classes.
I know right? How is she not listening to these back during the edit and thinking to herself how awful it sounds? I have to either skip or click off the voiceovers because I just can’t stand the sound. It’s not like she’s short on cash that she can’t get a microphone. Again it just adds to the lack of effort she puts in to her videos.

I think she knows how to edit she’s just too lazy to do it properly

Reactions: 3
I thought this too but I checked the UK guidelines and it’s pretty clear that all content should be clearly marked as an ad, even if it’s just featuring gifted products:

If you’ve been incentivised in any way to promote a brand, or product in your social media content, for example in photos including carousels, videos, reels or stories, podcasts or other posts online it’s important that all this content is clearly identifiable as an ad (or advertising).

This includes where you’ve been paid to post content, received a gift, or post content about your own business.

It also includes businesses sending products or invites to events without asking for anything in return (‘freebies’ or ‘gifts’).

This is from the UK government page specifically about hidden ads for influencers/content creators. It means that Grace has been hiding ads all over her videos for ages, in breach of advertising guidelines. I know some people will probably come out to defend her over this being overkill, but these are the regulations, and it is her JOB to know about it.
Hey thanks for looking into it, that's interesting. I didn't know that. And good that the UK did this, otherwise brands will keep sending freebies so that influencers don't have to declare an AD. Definitely won't defend her. This is her job, she should do it properly.

Just like buying a mic. Getting a proper mic is not that difficult. She's still using her super old editing software as well. She doesn't want to invest money into her youtube channel. She still gets enough views, so she probably figures it's not worth the upgrade. Meanwhile I'm watching a lot of small content creators who are often upgrading their gear once they get that small paycheck from YT so they can make higher quality videos for their audience's viewing pleasure, they are even often learning new editing skills, trying out different set ups, buy second cameras etc. even after many years and not making much money.
She makes enough money and if she begs enough she could probably even do an advertisement for a new mic and get a free one out of it.

Hey thanks for looking into it, that's interesting. I didn't know that. And good that the UK did this, otherwise brands will keep sending freebies so that influencers don't have to declare an AD. Definitely won't defend her. This is her job, she should do it properly.

Just like buying a mic. Getting a proper mic is not that difficult. She's still using her super old editing software as well. She doesn't want to invest money into her youtube channel. She still gets enough views, so she probably figures it's not worth the upgrade. Meanwhile I'm watching a lot of small content creators who are often upgrading their gear once they get that small paycheck from YT so they can make higher quality videos for their audience's viewing pleasure, they are even often learning new editing skills, trying out different set ups, buy second cameras etc. even after many years and not making much money.
She makes enough money and if she begs enough she could probably even do an advertisement for a new mic and get a free one out of it.
It’s an insult to her subscribers putting in minimal effort and creating lacklustre and poorly planned videos but still expects them to hang around and continue to fund her lifestyle. If you really “loved” your subscribers like she says, she’d want to create decent content for them. She just doesn’t care about them or YouTube anymore and it shows but YouTube gives her an easy life so she keeps going with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think it would go a long way if she was more open about the influencer/YouTube life and the processes. Like she’ll mention editing once in a while - usually when it’s a mistake - but other people refer to it more often as it’s a huge part of their life. Part of her problem is she’s pretending to be totally normal and average when she’s just not. Grace, if you’re reading this, try a bit harder please, I miss liking you.

Also , I can’t seem to find it, but is her race thread still active with the wedding vibes? People were excited for her before.

Reactions: 6
I can honestly say I’ve not watched any of her crappy camera-in-her-own-face bobble head videos since the Christmas Vlog debacle. She literally stuck two fingers up at everyone when she didn’t finish the vlogs then went dark for about two weeks.
But let’s all be totally honest - Christmas wasn’t the beginning of her current personality change. It was happening WAY before then.

She literally drives me insane. I wish everyone would just unsubscribe and bring about her end. The lazy, boring grabbing bore.

Fecking slaphead.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I still think her Christmas drama was Tattle figuring out who her fella is. I can imagine she had an absolute witch fit probably trying to get legal action then realised she was barking up the wrong tree.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.