Grace Victory #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cyprus like the country? Well I just hope he’s not gonna get bullied in the geography classes!
But it sounds cute tho, Cyprus Sevyn, and suits that little cutie very well.☺

Reactions: 5
Cyprus is a unique name but it is nice to choose a place name that means something to the family. I think 'Sevyn' is Old English or Anglo-Saxon. I remember reading on the first thread on here that she did a DNA test and was surprised that 'St Kitts' and 'Cyprus' (I could be wrong and her Dad is from a different Carribean nation) were not on the geographical places on the test!!

Also, the word 'Cypress' is a type of tree as well.

Reactions: 5
We have a young a&e attender (sickle cell) who comes in at least once a week. They barely look up from their phone when they check in. Or when anything else is being done for them (bloods, obs etc...). No please or thank yous when asking for blankets and hot chocolate. We are pretty sure they’re just hooked on pain relief. I can’t stand patients that do this with their phones. They are so rude, it really takes the piss.
It's scary to think we have people like you working for the NHS. You are clearly in the wrong job!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
We have a young a&e attender (sickle cell) who comes in at least once a week. They barely look up from their phone when they check in. Or when anything else is being done for them (bloods, obs etc...). No please or thank yous when asking for blankets and hot chocolate. We are pretty sure they’re just hooked on pain relief. I can’t stand patients that do this with their phones. They are so rude, it really takes the piss.
I saw a documentary about fat teens and kids having medical consultation on the NHS for bariatric surgery and checking out for NAFLD etc. and one teen just sat on her phone and didn't even answer her doctor's questions. He explained that it was necessary for her to be involved in the conversation and not on her phone while having a medical appointment.

I've been through a similar thing when working in supermarkets when people seem rude and ignoring my questions if they want items in bags and my telling them how much the transaction came to. The sad truth is a business like that works on the money so even if someone isn't nice if the company gets the money then that's the goal - that's why they're not going to kick people out on account of being rude.

When she said that she was on “fentanyl which is basically heroin” I had to roll my eyes because the survivor nonsense coming out of this is going to be out of this world!! I can’t wait for the Demo Lovato comparisons. You know, because they’re both ex Heroin users :rolleyes: Apparently she is a miracle and her body is 100% healed, she won’t have any long term effects either. The doctors are absolutely flabbergasted and have absolutely no idea how she is even still here. They know it has absolutely nothing to do with the countless medical professionals who worked on her unconscious body for months and kept her alive!! No no, it’s because she is Grace:cautious:
:ROFLMAO: Heroin has the chemical formula C21H23NO5 while fentanyl is C22H28N2O. I've heard fentanyl is a shock to the veins when it goes in (pre-surgery) and can be painful although mercifully you do fall asleep soon after.

Reactions: 3
Last night she was back to talking about junk food, pizza this time. But it’s ok, her stomach has shrunk because she can only eat two slices so will have the rest for lunch tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Last night she was back to talking about junk food, pizza this time. But it’s ok, her stomach has shrunk because she can only eat two slices so will have the rest for lunch tomorrow
The stomach can expand fast. And it's not only quantity but quality. Thin people who eat junk food all the time (not only occasionnally) are not healthy either. And she just got out of the hospital. "Real" italian pizza can be quite healthy though but I doubt she has one of these.
She still doesn't get it,.does she?

Reactions: 7
I think the problem is that someone like Grace has only had a very limited experience with food and the perception of health: in her mind, there is only dieting or eating with abandon.

She probably really needs calories at this moment in time, so she shouldn’t be dieting or worrying about calorie intake. However, she absolutely should be paying very close attention to nutrients, ensuring she gets plenty of protein, fibre, vits & minerals, stays hydrated etc.

She shouldn’t be worrying about weight in my opinion but I really don’t think eating takeaways with abandon is a good idea. Plenty of really good nutritious food and a lot of water would be the sensible goal, to do everything she can to aid her body in recovery. A side effect would be slow and steady weight loss (without losing more muscle).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I worry more that she seeks to think talking about eating junk food is a personality trait. It’s all she seems to tweet about.
I personally don’t care what she eats but I find it interesting she wants to get attention for talking about fast food so much

Reactions: 11
I think the problem is that someone like Grace has only had a very limited experience with food and the perception of health: in her mind, there is only dieting or eating with abandon.

She probably really needs calories at this moment in time, so she shouldn’t be dieting or worrying about calorie intake. However, she absolutely should be paying very close attention to nutrients, ensuring she gets plenty of protein, fibre, vits & minerals, stays hydrated etc.

She shouldn’t be worrying about weight in my opinion but I really don’t think eating takeaways with abandon is a good idea. Plenty of really good nutritious food and a lot of water would be the sensible goal, to do everything she can to aid her body in recovery. A side effect would be slow and steady weight loss (without losing more muscle).
💯 this. Her body will need vitamins and nutrients at this time to regenerate and regrow, the ‘junk’ food takeaways don’t need to be fully removed from her diet but limited. I find the anti diet culture very odd. Not every diet will lead to an eating disorder and not every person knows how to eat normally. Eating to extremes is just as bad as eating too little. I will say, this whole COVID experience has really brought out people fatphobias and what they think of fat people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My suggestion for new thread title: Grace Victory #5 - victorious over covid but graceless as ever

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.