Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried Krissy Cela’s tone and sculpt app? I’m using shreddy right now and the workouts are so boring after a few weeks. It makes me feel pressured into buying her BND stuff (which I’ve bought and the quality is terrible) as if you don’t have her bands you’re stuck doing incline pushups for 30/40 moves. I’ve seen a lot about Krissy’s and it seems harder and more varied. Also she started her business whilst she was in her final year studying law and didn’t make herself seem like the best thing to touch this earth, would rather spend my money on someone more genuine who cares about what they do rather than just the money and fame they get from it

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The more I read here the more disappointed I get.
As a freelancer wanting to build my own business, I really looked up to Grace and took inspiration from how hard she worked to "be self made". Honestly I feel completely cheated. I wouldn't care one bit if she was transparent about Genflow, because actually that's working smart and could help other influencers etc. But I used to feel so confused as to why my business is so small and still in the works and I'm still learning stuff and fixing things after 2 years, and she's earned 6 million from one of hers (I work in consultancy rather than clothing so it's a bit different, but you get my drift). She was so successful so quickly and I was like "God if I just worked harder, slept less, wrote more To Do lists, I'd be that successful." but the cracks have started to show and I feel so cheated. I don't have anyone in my family who owns a business or is high up in a company and I've started working for myself out of a passion but had very little knowledge or pointers to work from from anyone else, and I really thought Grace was the same from the way she talked about her businesses but no, she's had a privileged education (again, would be fine if she referenced it) all the connections she could ever want, an agency to help her and a band of minions to shield her from constructive criticism.
I always want to support female led companies, especially younger women, but God we need some transparency about how they got there because I wanted to be like Grace for so long but all it did was make me miserable and feel like a failure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
As a freelancer wanting to build my own business, I really looked up to Grace and took inspiration from how hard she worked to "be self made". Honestly I feel completely cheated. I wouldn't care one bit if she was transparent about Genflow, because actually that's working smart and could help other influencers etc. But I used to feel so confused as to why my business is so small and still in the works and I'm still learning stuff and fixing things after 2 years, and she's earned 6 million from one of hers (I work in consultancy rather than clothing so it's a bit different, but you get my drift). She was so successful so quickly and I was like "God if I just worked harder, slept less, wrote more To Do lists, I'd be that successful." but the cracks have started to show and I feel so cheated. I don't have anyone in my family who owns a business or is high up in a company and I've started working for myself out of a passion but had very little knowledge or pointers to work from from anyone else, and I really thought Grace was the same from the way she talked about her businesses but no, she's had a privileged education (again, would be fine if she referenced it) all the connections she could ever want, an agency to help her and a band of minions to shield her from constructive criticism.
I always want to support female led companies, especially younger women, but God we need some transparency about how they got there because I wanted to be like Grace for so long but all it did was make me miserable and feel like a failure.
And this is exactly why Tattle exists - to call out these fakes and frauds. Girl Boss my arse, more like spoilt little madam with Mummy and Daddy pulling all the strings to make it happen.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Everything you've done you've done yourself. She's literally done nothing herself. Pays or bribes her way through life. Not too much to be proud of.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And this is exactly why Tattle exists - to call out these fakes and frauds. Girl Boss my arse, more like spoilt little madam with Mummy and Daddy pulling all the strings to make it happen.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Everything you've done you've done yourself. She's literally done nothing herself. Pays or bribes her way through life. Not too much to be proud of.

It's so sad cos I spent so much time idolising her, and tbh I still don't dislike her I just wish she'd be more honest about herself. Like I have imposter syndrome CONSTANTLY cos I still feel like I know nothing and have so much to learn and can't believe it when I find opportunities to work for some incredible people. I feel like Grace gets imposter syndrome because she's had a good set up but wants to keep denying it to be "relatable". I don't doubt even Grace feels unsure of herself at times but like please, just be honest about why so you don't lead young girls into thinking they can be like you without private education, without connections left right and centre, an Oxford Degree and all the encouragement in the world from your family who you can fall back on. It's so misleading.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
First of all, congrats on building your own business - that's amazing!

I totally agree with everything you've said - if Grace was more transparent about the input she had from Genflow/Gleam/whoever else, I'd have so much more respect for her. Instead she just pretends that she launched two companies during the middle of her finals, while also writing those 282 dissertations of course. Then she left to go tour Central America for two whole months. Those braggy memory stories she did recently talked about her not having any signal and her team being worried. What new business owner can jet off and abandon their companies like that, immediately after launching them? Didn't she also spontaneously go to Dubai or somewhere similar earlier this year as she was sooo in need of a break?

I honestly think she's incredibly damaging to a lot of people, particularly students. I do believe that she worked pretty hard back when she was doing YouTube/fitness stuff alongside her degree but it's all just such a lie now. I've seen friends start businesses and they are/were working 16+ hour days, 7 days a week for months, if not years. Most of them haven't paid themselves in months. I'm not saying that people should be working that hard (I actually hate this whole 'hustle' culture) but it's certainly not the easy journey that Grace makes it out to be. I genuinely worry that some of Grace's followers will watch her stuff naively and believe they can start companies themselves just as easily and that in 2 years time, they'll also have a house in London worth millions. I'm all for encouraging entrepreneurship but Grace's journey is horrendously misleading.

Reactions: 10
I just find shes always saying on twitter people have an issue with her because she’s not relatable and her purpose isn’t to be relatable and she’s not going to limit her success to keep people happy etc. When will she realise that’s not the issue. It’s about transparency and admitting certain levels of privilege that helped her. No ones saying she doesn’t work extremely hard, she certainly does but it’s so ignorant to completely glide over the fact that she is privileged and she did have help that most people do not have access to.
I remember in one vlog she was talking about how she just couldn’t do a graduate scheme job it’s too normal etc which is fair enough. But the way she was saying it was looking down on people that are doing graduate schemes as if she’s superior. Getting a graduate job is an amazing achievement and not everyone has the option to start a business without having a full time job to fund them. I think she needs to realise there’s a difference between confident and being a boss babe to being snobby and showing off. There are so many women I look up to and aspire to be like that have their own business, she needs to stop using the same rhetoric of people being jealous of her success and ambition.

Reactions: 14
That's so sweet thank you!
Totally agree! The two month holiday thing right after launching? Weird. I don't know many independent business owners who can do that. That's just another thing though, no mention of like, saving for the holiday, prepping her businesses for her departure (maybe she did, I didn't see it though so please correct me if I'm wrong!) but surely that shows there's some help from somewhere else for her to just drop her businesses like that. I'm sure her team are capable, intelligent girls who she trusted but something about her just floating off like that implies to me there's a lot of support/help around her she isnt totally honest about having.
Personally I'd love to hear more from her about how she works with her team to prep them for stuff like that or how she saved for the holiday (if at all, or how she afforded it right after uni in general) but she doesn't seem to want to share that kind of stuff anymore.
She isn't obligated to, of course, but the lack of transparency about these things, then claiming to be honest and relatable is quite damaging.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else find it ironic that she always calls out companies on twitter for doing stuff wrong eg poor customer service, not paying her sister, poor product quality but never addresses the issues with her own companies? When it’s aimed at her it’s just ‘hate’ and ‘jealousy’

Reactions: 22
I just find shes always saying on twitter people have an issue with her because she’s not relatable and her purpose isn’t to be relatable and she’s not going to limit her success to keep people happy etc. When will she realise that’s not the issue. It’s about transparency and admitting certain levels of privilege that helped her. No ones saying she doesn’t work extremely hard, she certainly does but it’s so ignorant to completely glide over the fact that she is privileged and she did have help that most people do not have access to.
I remember in one vlog she was talking about how she just couldn’t do a graduate scheme job it’s too normal etc which is fair enough. But the way she was saying it was looking down on people that are doing graduate schemes as if she’s superior. Getting a graduate job is an amazing achievement and not everyone has the option to start a business without having a full time job to fund them. I think she needs to realise there’s a difference between confident and being a boss babe to being snobby and showing off. There are so many women I look up to and aspire to be like that have their own business, she needs to stop using the same rhetoric of people being jealous of her success and ambition.
100% THIS!!!! It isn't the success that bothers me, I just found it weird when she went from sharing her success with her followers and the work that went into it (uni vlogs, workouts etc. era), to bragging about numbers, how productive she is with no real substance to it, and all the stuff she has.
It used to be about Grace as a person, now it's about Grace as an image and she just uses numbers and material items to back herself up. I miss uni Grace :(

Reactions: 3
I remember a while back when someone called her out on Twitter for the fact that TALA has repeatedly failed to address or resolve any quality issues with their products such as the crotch of the zinnia leggings ripping or the see through joggers and Grace said that all their launches are set up 6 months in advance and that’s why nothing can be done immediately. First of all, how is that sustainable? Just bombing your customers with new stuff every 2 weeks without any possibility of feedback before the next launch. A truly sustainable company would have a few launches per year. Second, TALA is now over a year old, if the 6 month thing is true, why do the same issues they’ve had since the start persist? And third, how is she okay releasing faulty products to her loyal customers after knowing that there’s issues with the products?? She gives these excuses making it out like her hands are tied but if she really cared, she’d do a recall and scrap the planned launches until the problem is resolved.

Reactions: 16
I’m using shreddy right now and the workouts are so boring after a few weeks. It makes me feel pressured into buying her BND stuff
Totally not surprised but also a bit taken back that even after stumping up for shreddy she starts trying to upsell.

Awful to sell these substandard workouts that have been limited on purpose to make more money.

The more money grace has has the more she wants.

Something that I see repeatedly on Twitter and Instagram are B_ND complaints whereby the product is faulty or the site glitched and ordered twice, and instead of replacing or refunding the product they offer a tiny discount, refuse to do anything due to the fact the product is still usable or refuse to do anything due to hygiene reasons. It's absolutely absurd that they are getting away with this when they're required by law to replace or repair products if they develop a fault within the first 6 months.

I've put an example below where they've offered a 10% discount for a dirty bag and jacked up logo. 10% off the short bands is £1.40, it's actually insulting to their customers and I wish somebody would take it up further and let them get into deep tit.

Screenshot_20200524-145303_Chrome.jpg

EYnzRpPX0AAn1Kh.jpeg

EYnzRqvXkAEZ_9x.jpeg

EYnzRxoXsAIQrp7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.01.10 PM.png

Ms Grace Sustainability_green_earth_save_the_world_successful_girlboss UK can't even keep a plant alive in her bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone tried Krissy Cela’s tone and sculpt app? I’m using shreddy right now and the workouts are so boring after a few weeks. It makes me feel pressured into buying her BND stuff (which I’ve bought and the quality is terrible) as if you don’t have her bands you’re stuck doing incline pushups for 30/40 moves. I’ve seen a lot about Krissy’s and it seems harder and more varied. Also she started her business whilst she was in her final year studying law and didn’t make herself seem like the best thing to touch this earth, would rather spend my money on someone more genuine who cares about what they do rather than just the money and fame they get from it
Krissy is apparently not a qualified personal trainer (the rumour went around GG before, apparently when she is asked she never responds to queries). Tone and sculpt was also launched by Genflow.

Not a single person on this site is bullying Grace so she really doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to slating Tattle. I've never been a big fan because of how up her own arse she is but she deserves to be called out for everything mentioned here. She is the biggest fake and im so sick of her shouting about how great she's doing when it's totally based on lies and questionable ethos. I'm the same age as Grace and for ages found it quite depressing that she's bought a beautiful house in London worth tonnes of money straight out of uni, whereas I graduated july and work a minimum wage job. I am jealous of her living comfortably but her attitude is awful, I'd rather be skint and than be rich af and behave like she does.

Reactions: 14
Not a single person on this site is bullying Grace so she really doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to slating Tattle. I've never been a big fan because of how up her own arse she is but she deserves to be called out for everything mentioned here.
When she says this site is bullying the simple answer is to view the most liked posts and it shows people are making very valid comments on her ethics and behaviour. It's not bullying or hate comments and debunks her crap trying to discredit here

https://tattle.life/threads/grace-beverley-grace-fit-uk.21/liked

Reactions: 6
Wow. Thanks for opening my eyes. I am older than Grace and felt rubbish comparing myself to an early 20 something who I thought has accomplished so much. Now I know the truth. So his is why she’s pursuing “founder” of the companies on her insta profile instead of “owner”....

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of what she says is subtle digs at people, I remember when she was saying her parents didn’t fund her uni at all (which doesn’t sound true but whatever) and then said something like..not that there’s anything wrong if they do but...

I think a lot of what she says is subtle digs at people, I remember when she was saying her parents didn’t fund her uni at all (which doesn’t sound true but whatever) and then said something like..not that there’s anything wrong if they do but...
I never quite understood this. Firstly, I'm not from the UK and I was always genuinely wondering is it possible to pay for your own school fees from an internship before undergrad? I didn't know internships paid that well but I guess one like IBM probably would? My internships have never paid that well in my life. And there is nothing wrong with parents paying but it's extremely wrong to not admit it and actively say that don't.

Reactions: 1
I never quite understood this. Firstly, I'm not from the UK and I was always genuinely wondering is it possible to pay for your own school fees from an internship before undergrad? I didn't know internships paid that well but I guess one like IBM probably would? My internships have never paid that well in my life. And there is nothing wrong with parents paying but it's extremely wrong to not admit it and actively say that don't.
No even good internships are not that well paid.. also someone here has mentioned ibm don’t even do pre uni internships (most places don’t) which probably means it was totally unpaid... especially considering how expensive uni is now and that Oxford is even more so as they have lots of balls etc... it’s also strange (IMO) that parents with money don’t at all help their children With education ? Especially considering they funded her though years of private school

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.