Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm vegetarian for many reasons, not just ethical. I originally gave up meat so I would cook better. I still don't feel comfortable buying leather goods, I'd feel so hypocritical doing that, even though I'm not someone who advertises how ethical I am.

I think this taps in to the wider problem, not just with influencers but with people as a whole. I work in a very well paid job and I'm in my late 20s, so I'm surrounded by middle class people with a decent sum of money. It's ridiculous the number of people constantly sharing about all the emissions from eating meat, but then buying imported food and flying on multiple long haul holidays a year. I think I saw (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the carbon emissions from going vegan from eating meat, are about the same as 1 long haul (6 hours+) return trip a year.
It's also similar with people sharing those horrible videos of animal abuse as part of the food process. It's true those things are awful, and if everyone knew that then yes, they wouldn't eat them. However, for this exact reason most of thes practices are illegal on UK.

I know I may seem like I'm bashing people for being vegan. 100% not. It's the best thing in terms of animal welfare and living a sustainable life. It's a personal choice that I applaud people for making.
However I believe people who chose to lecture and profiteer off this should make their arguments with well researched facts, and should not be hypocritical in their actions.

Sorry that turned in to a rant!
I mean take a look at Zanna Van Dijk... potentially the biggest hypocrite out there with all the long haul flights she takes. And blocks people for even politely questioning her carbon emissions (although she’s an instagram influencer... that’s what they all do).
you can tell grace has this air of self importance yet picks and chooses when she wants to be sustainable. And all this discussion about tala is genuinely so enlightening

Reactions: 11
Agreed the carbon emissions for imports and flights and such are awful. The demand for vegan produce really damages indigenous farmers too (i.e. avocado, soybeans). Tbf imho, all of this is more of a capitalism problem as opposed to lifestyle choices (i.e there should be environmental taxation / fines on companies for their emissions and factory farming) but these very massive wealthy powerful corporations will lobby until their death against it and keep pointing at the fault of demand (ironically like Grace 🧐) when the demand will always be there (people need to eat lol). But I believe if people were given genuinely better, cleaner, options that are priced properly and have the least negative damage to the earth, they will take it. The majority of the world can't really avoid imports and many of us can't avoid travelling (for work or family living abroad) sadly.
Last thing I'll say before getting back on topic promise.

Carbon credits go a way to making people pay for their emissions. Companies get given a certain number of carbon credits which allow them to produce a certain about of carbon dioxide. If they produce more, they have to buy credits on the open market, and companies that produce less can sell their excess credits. The aim is to slowly reduce the number of credits given out each year to reduce overall emissions.
It's quite interesting, even if it is a very capitalist solution to the problem.

Reactions: 2
I’m an accountant and I cannot wait for tala to post their accs on companies house, revenue means nothing!
Also on the b_nd front, why can’t they take responsibility!
Little late to the party, but seen this comment and out of interest, searched on CH and there are only entries for "shreddy" and "rose appellations" whatever that is?

Don't really understand how CH works though, as Arianna Ajtars Mars the Label brand recently came up as dissolved on there, but it looks like they are actually still trading? 🤔

Reactions: 1
Little late to the party, but seen this comment and out of interest, searched on CH and there are only entries for "shreddy" and "rose appellations" whatever that is?

Don't really understand how CH works though, as Arianna Ajtars Mars the Label brand recently came up as dissolved on there, but it looks like they are actually still trading? 🤔

Rose Appellations could be a parent company for TALA/BND etc or BND could come under shreddy. Just had a quick check of both websites and nowhere on either one does it state TALA Ltd or BND Ltd so we can assume neither are limited companies in their own right and will be operating under another company.

Similarly, Mars the Label was placed into liquidation last year and has recently been dissolved so cannot still be trading. However, as with Grace's two, Arianna could be operating the business under a separate entity or has set up under a new, non limited company i.e. she's now a sole trader etc.

Hope that makes sense!

ETA - actually, the privacy policy on BND's website states

"This privacy policy is for the B_ND store which is a product of Rose Appellations Limited - any reference to “B_ND” in the following articles is in reference to Rose Appellations Limited."

Strangely enough, there's no reference to Rose Appellations Ltd or Shreddy Ltd in TALA's privacy policy. However, in the T's & C's they make reference to Group Seventy One Limited (who they state run the WEARETALA website) and 360 Consultancy Limited in relation to notices.

Could be nothing but it does raise more questions about how much Grace actually has to do with TALA.

ETA - AGAIN (I've well and truly fallen down the rabbit hole)

The only trademarks listed under Grace's name are Grace Fit UK, B_ND and Shreddy.

The TALA trademark is owned by Group Seventy One Limited. This company own another trademark, 'Nuvoletta', a quick google search shows this is Anna Saccone's pyjama company.

No matter how much BS Grace tries to spin, she categorically does not own TALA, she's just the face of the brand.

Actually, Mars the Label is now under AIF Fashion Limited

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Rose Appellations could be a parent company for TALA/BND etc or BND could come under shreddy. Just had a quick check of both websites and nowhere on either one does it state TALA Ltd or BND Ltd so we can assume neither are limited companies in their own right and will be operating under another company.

Similarly, Mars the Label was placed into liquidation last year and has recently been dissolved so cannot still be trading. However, as with Grace's two, Arianna could be operating the business under a separate entity or has set up under a new, non limited company i.e. she's now a sole trader etc.

Hope that makes sense!

"This privacy policy is for the B_ND store which is a product of Rose Appellations Limited - any reference to “B_ND” in the following articles is in reference to Rose Appellations Limited."

Strangely enough, there's no reference to Rose Appellations Ltd or Shreddy Ltd in TALA's privacy policy. However, in the T's & C's they make reference to Group Seventy One Limited (who they state run the WEARETALA website) and 360 Consultancy Limited in relation to notices.

Could be nothing but it does raise more questions about how much Grace actually has to do with TALA.

The only trademarks listed under Grace's name are Grace Fit UK, B_ND and Shreddy.

The TALA trademark is owned by Group Seventy One Limited. This company own another trademark, 'Nuvoletta', a quick google search shows this is Anna Saccone's pyjama company.

No matter how much BS Grace tries to spin, she categorically does not own TALA, she's just the face of the brand.

Holy tit, didn't even expect a response, but someone's become a lil investigator, YES, love it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Hope that makes sense!

I'm so glad someone is explaining this. I also found the Group Seventy One stuff and was wondering so much about it. Btw I'm sorry if this is so noob but what is the difference between a limited company and one that's under a parent company? Is a limited company more independent and if there's no significant difference, what's the point of doing one vs the other?

For the directors of Group Seventy One, I see Jo and John - if I remember correctly, I think GG was talking about these two people. The third director is a (Portuguese) woman in Portugal 🧐

Edit: I'm also wondering how all of this fall together re: Grace being so much more transparent about Tala than Shreddy, B_ND (like featuring her employees, factories and stuff).

Edit: Okay for the companies you can see "persons with significant control" and in Group Seventy One, John owns "more than 25% but not more than 50%" of shares and has the power to appoint and remove directors. And Jo owns 75% + shares. Whereas with Rose Appellations and Shreddy, Grace is the only person with 75% + shares and the right to appoint and remove directors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm so glad someone is explaining this. I also found the Group Seventy One stuff and was wondering so much about it. Btw I'm sorry if this is so noob but what is the difference between a limited company and one that's under a parent company? Is a limited company more independent and if there's no significant difference, what's the point of doing one vs the other?

For the directors of Group Seventy One, I see Jo and John - if I remember correctly, I think GG was talking about these two people. The third director is a (Portuguese) woman in Portugal 🧐

Edit: I'm also wondering how all of this fall together re: Grace being so much more transparent about Tala than Shreddy, B_ND (like featuring her employees, factories and stuff).

Edit: Okay for the companies you can see "persons with significant control" and in Group Seventy One, John owns "more than 25% but not more than 50%" of shares and has the power to appoint and remove directors. And Jo owns 75% + shares. Whereas with Rose Appellations and Shreddy, Grace is the only person with 75% + shares and the right to appoint and remove directors.
I would say it all comes down to cost and risk really, especially in this case.

If we look at the two companies Grace actually owns (shreddy and BND), long before they became limited, Grace was already selling bands and guides. So for Grace, there wasn’t too much risk in making what was essentially her own merch shop, into an actual company.

But for TALA, there’s much greater risk as this something she's never done before. So essentially the parent company takes a lot of the risk away from her. They'll fund TALA and will probably have had the existing infrastructure, or contacts with the infrastructure, needed to create and distribute clothing. Because their only other trademark is the Anna Saccone range, I'd guess their company was set up purely with the intent of flogging influencers' merch (which is what we all guessed when there was chat about Genflow).

What it all boils down to is Grace is liable for her own companies but not TALA. TALA isn't even Grace's intellectual property, she doesn't own it.

I'd guess Group Seventy One will let Grace have significant control over TALA decisions because it's not in their interests not to and that she'll get paid a percentage of TALA's profits. But ultimately, if they decided to part ways (without knowing exactly what the specific T's and C's of their contract with Grace is) the brand would stay with them.

I'd be interested to see who's payroll the TALA staff are actually on, whether it be Group Seventy One or even one of her own companies'. What I will say though is that what I've said above is the most basic, black and white example of how the running of TALA could be managed but we just don't know because Grace likes to make out that she owns the company even though we now know for sure she doesn't.

Another really frustrating thing is that, because TALA isn't a limited company in it's own right, the accounts aren't public. We'll be able to look at Group Seventy One's accounts but it's highly unlikely we'd be able to apportion however much of them to TALA. So all we've got to go on is those stories Grace put up the other week showing millions of pounds in profits and there's no real way of verifying them.

ETA - In my opinion, Grace likes to show the factory and employees to add to the illusion that the company is hers. She doesn't need to do this so much with the others as a quick google search shows she's director of the companies. Also, I'd imagine she's using the same outsourced people for both BND and Shreddy as she did with her original merch so they probably don't fit with her whole girl boss image

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

A limited company is an independent company where grace would be the director and owner of the company. If her companies are managed by a parent company she doesn’t really own her companies, they are owned by whoever the directors are for the parent company.

In other words, the companies she claims to have independently set up have actually just been given to someone else to manage and she’s just the face -she doesn’t have complete financial and creative control as she claims as the parent company can effectively stop this

I always wonder why Grace employs all white middle class girls to work for her company. I’ve wanted to ask her before, not in an attacking way but just out of genuine curiosity but from the way she responds to other people she just attacks them and screenshots it and puts it on her story to make it seem like people are hating.

for someone that promotes inclusivity so much I’m so surprised all her employees are the same type of person. Like it may be the case that no one applied from other backgrounds but I highly doubt that. She just seems to use POC for her shoots to reflect well on her but doesn’t actually carry through where it really matters - for example hiring POC or people from lower income backgrounds.

also I just found it weird she did her dissertation on cultural appropriation, she seems obsessed with coming across as some white saviour who cares so much about racial issues but I never actually see her do anything practical or useful to help this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
A limited company is an independent company where grace would be the director and owner of the company. If her companies are managed by a parent company she doesn’t really own her companies, they are owned by whoever the directors are for the parent company.

In other words, the companies she claims to have independently set up have actually just been given to someone else to manage and she’s just the face -she doesn’t have complete financial and creative control as she claims as the parent company can effectively stop this

I always wonder why Grace employs all white middle class girls to work for her company. I’ve wanted to ask her before, not in an attacking way but just out of genuine curiosity but from the way she responds to other people she just attacks them and screenshots it and puts it on her story to make it seem like people are hating.

for someone that promotes inclusivity so much I’m so surprised all her employees are the same type of person. Like it may be the case that no one applied from other backgrounds but I highly doubt that. She just seems to use POC for her shoots to reflect well on her but doesn’t actually carry through where it really matters - for example hiring POC or people from lower income backgrounds.

also I just found it weird she did her dissertation on cultural appropriation, she seems obsessed with coming across as some white saviour who cares so much about racial issues but I never actually see her do anything practical or useful to help this?
This is the thing, she claims to be so open and transparent about the ethics of the brand but she won’t even be honest about who actually owns it

Reactions: 7
This is the thing, she claims to be so open and transparent about the ethics of the brand but she won’t even be honest about who actually owns it
i agree. How can she really make sure her brand is ethical when she doesn’t make the main decisions. For example she said the reason she can’t do sales or student discount is because the profit margins are so slim on her products anyway because making sustainable products are more expensive. Fair enough, but would her parent company really allow this? For a company that’s not focused on sustainability, why would they take the bulk of the financial burden and risk for small profit margins? Her clothes obviously aren’t as ethical as she claims and obviously skimps our on costs elsewhere earlier in the production line to make the clothes for cheaper, and then vlogs and promotes the factory in Portugal to trick her followers into thinking the entire product was made there

Reactions: 6
I would say it all comes down to cost and risk really, especially in this case.

If we look at the two companies Grace actually owns (shreddy and BND), long before they became limited, Grace was already selling bands and guides. So for Grace, there wasn’t too much risk in making what was essentially her own merch shop, into an actual company.

But for TALA, there’s much greater risk as this something she's never done before. So essentially the parent company takes a lot of the risk away from her. They'll fund TALA and will probably have had the existing infrastructure, or contacts with the infrastructure, needed to create and distribute clothing. Because their only other trademark is the Anna Saccone range, I'd guess their company was set up purely with the intent of flogging influencers' merch (which is what we all guessed when there was chat about Genflow).

What it all boils down to is Grace is liable for her own companies but not TALA. TALA isn't even Grace's intellectual property, she doesn't own it.

I'd guess Group Seventy One will let Grace have significant control over TALA decisions because it's not in their interests not to and that she'll get paid a percentage of TALA's profits. But ultimately, if they decided to part ways (without knowing exactly what the specific T's and C's of their contract with Grace is) the brand would stay with them.

I'd be interested to see who's payroll the TALA staff are actually on, whether it be Group Seventy One or even one of her own companies'. What I will say though is that what I've said above is the most basic, black and white example of how the running of TALA could be managed but we just don't know because Grace likes to make out that she owns the company even though we now know for sure she doesn't.

Another really frustrating thing is that, because TALA isn't a limited company in it's own right, the accounts aren't public. We'll be able to look at Group Seventy One's accounts but it's highly unlikely we'd be able to apportion however much of them to TALA. So all we've got to go on is those stories Grace put up the other week showing millions of pounds in profits and there's no real way of verifying them.

ETA - In my opinion, Grace likes to show the factory and employees to add to the illusion that the company is hers. She doesn't need to do this so much with the others as a quick google search shows she's director of the companies. Also, I'd imagine she's using the same outsourced people for both BND and Shreddy as she did with her original merch so they probably don't fit with her whole girl boss image
Grace doesn’t actually own B_ND or Shreddy either. All of her complies were started by a consulting business called Genflow, I don’t remember exactly how but they are also related to Rose Appellations. Grace literally did nothing to start these business, everything from customer service, app development, marketing, manufacturing, and anything else that comes along with a business comes from Genflow. Like you mentioned with Tala, if Grace were to part ways all her companies would stay with them (of course depending on their contracts). This is also how she got the collab with Jordyn Woods, as her company is also with Genflow. Over on GG a while back someone tied all of her businesses back who actually owns them, the trademarks, the IP, etc.

Reactions: 4
I just checked out Anna Saccone as I had no idea who she was, apparently her pyjama brand is called nuvoletta, but I very much doubt much of the sales are coming from there... The website hasn't been updated in months and they are still selling Xmas pyjamas? 😂

Sorry if this is totally off tangent, but I think a really good example of looking at how the company is run is by comparing it to the football club I support. The club is only part of a parent company which is owned by 3 brothers who provide the money for the club to then be ran by the chief executive, who is the everyday face of the company. So most backlash is aimed at him, grace is the target of backlash as she decides to put her face all the cover of the company rather than being open about how it's actually run.

• Wow
Did she really repost Venetia post on Instagram to make her point about the clothes boxes? I'm sorry but Venetia is someone I look in terms of sustainability and always talk about greenwashing and the fact that grace, who is the greenwashing queen reposted her... Just make me feel she really believes her lies or she doesn't know better...

Did she really repost Venetia post on Instagram to make her point about the clothes boxes? I'm sorry but Venetia is someone I look in terms of sustainability and always talk about greenwashing and the fact that grace, who is the greenwashing queen reposted her... Just make me feel she really believes her lies or she doesn't know better...
Yes! Regarding the bamboo cutlery discussion a couple of pages back, Venetia posted a story once about how you don’t need to buy new reusable cutlery for when you go out - just use a knife and fork you already own.
It’s a minor thing but I’m sure they wouldn’t see eye to eye on a lot of bigger topics

lol reposting sustainability posts from her new hot tub?

Sorry for double post but quick little google at Genflow shows me that it's also created brands for some of my actual fave athletes: Hanna Oberg, Natacha Oceane, Lisa Fit, Shona Vertue, Anthony Joshua (who is tbh diff bc he's a pro athlete)...and it's not a bad thing that they are supported and developed by Genflow. The issue was Grace being so much louder than all these people about starting these companies and what not and wanting to show off being a Bossssbabbee when she could've just been plain honest about her situation or not go that far in showing off. These people could claim they have their own companies too but they're way more mature and just do what they have to do with their own brand image: here's my fitness stuff, here's my fitness advice, here's my workouts on youtube and insta - and they don't jump into trying to sell their products based on hardcore environmental ethics or any kind of ethics, which gets muddy if you actually don't care, and being a hardcore business person - which yeah obviously these people are all doing business too but don't ever discuss it or portray themselves that way. Some of them have way higher numbers of following than Grace but aren't as loud as her.

Last edited:
Also felt really tacky when she followed that post with a series of #AdGifted. Does it not feel really hypocritical talking about fashion workers not being paid for their work and then she is allowing small business to not be paid for their work by giving her freebies?? Also don’t know how many times we’ve spoken about the culture of “gifting” promoting consumerism and wasteful in general which is very against the sustainability narrative tala pretend to push

And don’t get me started on the hot tub. She mentioned buying it less than a week ago on twitter and it is already in her garden. Even though she needed concrete, crane and general delivery etc. How many workers has grace had in her house please. Also from the one story she put up on insta it’s difficult to tell, but, has she taken away the grassy area from her garden and left her pet dog with a small area of straw to play on????
This girl blows my mind

Reactions: 10
I don’t believe she’s actually vegan. She posted a pic of a poke bowl a while back and there was definitely raw fish on there. I know you can get some decent meat/fish substitutes now but nothing that looks like raw tuna
Yes! Regarding the bamboo cutlery discussion a couple of pages back, Venetia posted a story once about how you don’t need to buy new reusable cutlery for when you go out - just use a knife and fork you already own.
It’s a minor thing but I’m sure they wouldn’t see eye to eye on a lot of bigger topics
Yeh Venetia is def someone who, while I do find at times irritating, is def someone I respect in terms of sustainability and inclusivity , she is one of the few people I genuinely think only does collars/ads with brands that fit her ethos, I’m sure she’s turned down lots of stuff that’s probably be very lucrative

Also felt really tacky when she followed that post with a series of #AdGifted. Does it not feel really hypocritical talking about fashion workers not being paid for their work and then she is allowing small business to not be paid for their work by giving her freebies?? Also don’t know how many times we’ve spoken about the culture of “gifting” promoting consumerism and wasteful in general which is very against the sustainability narrative tala pretend to push

And don’t get me started on the hot tub. She mentioned buying it less than a week ago on twitter and it is already in her garden. Even though she needed concrete, crane and general delivery etc. How many workers has grace had in her house please. Also from the one story she put up on insta it’s difficult to tell, but, has she taken away the grassy area from her garden and left her pet dog with a small area of straw to play on????
This girl blows my mind
No wonder she's been very quiet on instagram the last few days. She's been busy getting her totally essential hot tub installed.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think this is what bugs me to be honest. All of the other influencers that have started brands through Genflow don't label themselves as entrepreneurs and put themselves forward for awards over actual business men and women. I really don't care how Grace makes her money and absolutely fair enough for using Genflow and cashing in on her following. But it just seems really unfair when she is taking up a space because she has succeeded in convincing people that she has done this all of this by herself.

Ultimately its dishonest and damaging to her followers. To me, exaggerating your own success and capabilities to such a great extent can be just as damaging as doctoring your photos - it is creating an entirely unattainable image.

For example: Grace told her followers that she had to write five dissertations at uni whilst singlehandedly running a business. We know this was a huge exaggeration. But how do you think her followers that actually believed she managed to do all of that felt? They probably felt incredibly stressed writing their ONE diss. Seeing Grace supposedly juggle five times more work whilst also being able to go on multiple holidays and launch multiple businesses at the same time is only going to make them feel like they are doing something wrong, that they aren't good enough, that they aren't working hard enough. When I used to follow Grace ,every time I logged onto Instagram and saw her posts that is exactly how I felt... I WAS working hard enough, I was doing 80+hours a week in the library at one point, but it always seemed like Grace was doing MORE!

I'm always happy to see successful women that young girls can look up to and at the end of the day Grace IS a very successful influencer. Perhaps she could do what Eve Cornwell has done and label herself as creative director instead? This is still a very commendable role and is much more akin to the role Grace actually plays. Maybe she actually does play an important role within Tala and I'm very sorry to Grace for underestimating her if this is the case. But how are we to know when she is so secretive about what she actually does?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
For me, Grace is a quantity over quality person and I'm not sure if that is something that should want to be replicated. When you are doing so many things at once, the quality of each thing is reduced as time invested into each thing spreads thinner gradually. Like say Gymshark - Gymshark literally focuses on activewear and made more than Genflow has with all its combined influencer's businesses. If that's too big an example, take Hannah Oberg who only focuses on fitness. Her body is extremely fit (EVEN THO SHE JUST GOT PREGNANT TOO) and she is also a successful fitness influencer and now has an adorable family. Rewards and successes come in different shapes and sizes. While Grace is out here with her bands, her fitness app, her activewear, but oh wait there's protein and bcaas and whatever rip off daily dose is, oh wait there's also general fashion and not just activewear. Oh wait it's not just clothes there's frickin bamboo utensils. Her bands break, her clothes break, her fitness app is not special / has loads of problems / people find it boring etc etc. Like she thinks when people are telling you to slow down and stop spreading yourself thin it comes from a place of patronizing and disrespect, but no it comes from a genuine reflection that look maybe if you slowed down and focused on what you already have and build it to be better or of the highest quality, you'd earn more respect than right now when people are so mad at you for having product on top of product break. When Mark Zuckerburg built Facebook, he didn't try to build a second microsoft. It's like if you have x amount of energy and y amount of time, would you like to build 3 small houses with it or one mansion?

Grace is ridiculously successful at being loud and literally being an influencer - literally influencing people to buy her products FOR HER, not for their actual quality. Real business people aren't like that - we don't know the faces of so many companies and businesses, but they are famous for their outputs.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.