Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grace is on Twitter criticising the government and middle class for forcing their cleaners to travel and clean their homes (whilst on minimum wage); thus risking corona.

This is a very valid criticism and I fully agree with her (I know this is a very difficult subject and people will have different opinions on it (i have two friends who are cleaners who are absolutely over the moon that they can get back to work) )

But I can't help but think of all the non-essential construction workers, "wardrobe organisers" (she had someone come in just after she moved in and just before lockdown), decorators, moving agents, garment workers, B_ND manufacturers, distributors, couriers etc. who have been forced to come into work and risk their health for the sake of Grace during this pandemic?

I know Grace isn't the only person doing this (and I'll admit that I have had a fair few packages delivered which definitely weren't essential!), but it just seems a bit in-genuine and hypocritical to be criticising people for having their cleaners come out to their homes when Grace has done all of the above?

To be honest, I just feel like a lot of Grace's twitter posts just seem very calculated and in-genuine, almost as if she's only posting these things to make herself look better and to portray herself as a very particular type of person?

A lot of the things she says and does (ie. tweeting in support of the working class culture whilst being completely appropriative, preaching about sustainability and inclusivity when in reality TALA is unsustainable and not designed to flatter all body types) completely contradict what she puts on Twitter and it just bugs me.

I feel like she literally sees certain tweets that fit her narrative and then retweets them without actually reading them (Once she liked and retweeted this fat criticism of Tala obviously thinking it was a compliment because she hadn't actually read the tweet)
Yeh I agree, cleaners are much more essential than her “ wardrobe organiser” or whatever else.. also that is so cringe about that retweet 😂

Reactions: 3
Classic rich girl using the "markers" of the working class to show she is just like them and understands the struggle despite her not having a clue what working class struggle is like. So sick of something being looked down upon when "poor" people do it only for it to be so cool which rich people do it.

(obviously not all working class people dress like chavs but)
i’m from a working class family and I would NEVER wear anything like what grace wears, it’s just vulgar. What’s wrong with some nice jeans and tshirt that doesn’t show off your nipples. She is so out of touch with normal people 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I have a question. Should grace when advertising TALA/b_nd stuff with swipe ups for example her showing the windbreaker jacket yesterday on her story - should she be declaring that as an advert as her own content as it’s on her personal account? I’ve always thought influencers should declare their own stuff but I’m unsure.

as a side note, I used to really like grace and have bought some of the Tala leggings and the bands - the bands are really good quality I can’t fault them. I tried to get a long one yesterday in the restock and honestly the lack of stock they must have is ridiculous. The Tala leggings got holes in the crotch which was disappointing given the quality of the actual material wasn’t just flimsy. I preferred grace when she was a scrappy student and somewhat relatable. Now she’s just obsessed with showing off her body, her riches, her house etc at any given moment. She’s just the face now, it’s a shame.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I have a question. Should grace when advertising TALA/b_nd stuff with swipe ups for example her showing the windbreaker jacket yesterday on her story - should she be declaring that as an advert as her own content as it’s on her personal account? I’ve always thought influencers should declare their own stuff but I’m unsure.

as a side note, I used to really like grace and have bought some of the Tala leggings and the bands - the bands are really good quality I can’t fault them. I tried to get a long one yesterday in the restock and honestly the lack of stock they must have is ridiculous. The Tala leggings got holes in the crotch which was disappointing given the quality of the actual material wasn’t just flimsy. I preferred grace when she was a scrappy student and somewhat relatable. Now she’s just obsessed with showing off her body, her riches, her house etc at any given moment. She’s just the face now, it’s a shame.
I believe she does need to make clear :)
77D62098-D544-48C4-B6AD-2F6FE5C668AC.png

Reactions: 2
I'm not trying to bash her appearance at all here, but who else thought her makeup in her latest post was just atrocious? The lipstick/awful lip liner combo was just awful to look at and the really up-close photos made me so uncomfortable. I understand that as an influencer you need to be consistently posting, but you cannot honestly tell me that she doesn't have any better photos in her phone, or that she is unable to re-do her makeup and have a quick 10 minutes photo shoot in that HUGE house of hers. I've seen comments on here that she's trying to emulate 'working class styles' and honestly I couldn't agree more. If she just owned her wealth and privilege I would respect her a lot more, but it's embarrassing to make her try and make 'chavvy chic' an aesthetic. Without getting political, it's almost as if she's poking fun at people who are working class and I find that so distasteful when she is constantly showing off her wealth on her instagram, especially the 'Chez Grez' instagram account. At first I really liked it because I love home renovation projects, but more and more it just became a brag. Did anyone else see as well that she said she was supposed to be uploading a full house tour but had to cancel because of corona, but doesn't want to do it herself because she didn't want the 'videographer' to have no work?? I appreciate the sentiment, but the videographer already has no work as they can't come to your house, so you're not being the saviour you think you are, and just get off your high horse and film it yourself. People like it when its a personal video, no one gives a flying f if its been professionally recorded, we're just nosy.

duck off. Just duck off.
(Also hi, moved over to here from GG!)
View attachment 129842
See THIS, THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. Grace, baby girl, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC. It doesn't take a genius to understand that this is so out of touch, people are dying and losing their jobs, it's a financial disaster right now and you're bragging about getting a hot tub? What is wrong with you Grace? I really hope her or part of her team reads these threads so that they can see how people really feel about her, and not just her minions on TALA and BN_D's instagram pages.

Reactions: 20
Think of how many people are struggling to LIVE at the moment! Think how many people will have to leave their homes to install that!
C2BD648A-A7E1-4AD5-999C-C777DEB89200.png

crane operator, delivery drivers & the install ppl having to travel to rich ppls houses only to install a hot tub..... hypocrite

Reactions: 14
duck off. Just duck off.
(Also hi, moved over to here from GG!)
View attachment 129842
this “subtle” but actually not so subtle brag is just gross.
what if I told you I have to do all this extra EXPENSIVE stuff to get an already EXPENSIVE hot tub??

congrats? People are dying right now, Grez. chill out with your “look how rich I am” tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
this “subtle” but actually not so subtle brag is just gross.
what if I told you I have to do all this extra EXPENSIVE stuff to get an already EXPENSIVE hot tub??

congrats? People are dying right now, Grez. chill out with your “look how rich I am” tweets.
I wonder if she paid or if it was “gifted” like pretty much all her furniture seems to be

Reactions: 3
She’s posted an ad for “sugar fix” sweets on her story yet when you go on their website there’s no mention of any of their sweets being vegan/veggie. She’s still vegan isn’t she - does she have no shame in promoting anything? She didn’t even post the sweets they sent her just a photo of the card in front of them - definitely trying to hide them 😂

Reactions: 6
She’s posted an ad for “sugar fix” sweets on her story yet when you go on their website there’s no mention of any of their sweets being vegan/veggie. She’s still vegan isn’t she - does she have no shame in promoting anything? She didn’t even post the sweets they sent her just a photo of the card in front of them - definitely trying to hide them 😂
She will probably be caught somewhere ( after lockdown) eating non vegan, it has stopped being a focus for her “brand “ now so she prob doesn’t care

Once vegan goes out of trend she'll be another one talking about how it made her ill. She'll jump on any trend to make some money. It's really doing a lot of harm for genuine people that want to avoid / reduce their animal products.

LOL nothing against the brand but as a vegan myself its shady

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
How can you tweet about how bad middle class women are for hiring cleaners and then the next day you (as a middle class woman) hire a load of construction workers and CRANE OPERATORS to install your brand new hot tub in the middle of LOCKDOWN??!!!!!! Where is the self awareness? Where is it!?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.