Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Gyms reopening, yay!

But think I'm going to skip it as for mine you now have to:
  • Keep workouts to 45 mins or less
  • Book your session in advance and turn up on time to make sure you get your full 45 mins, then everyone will be kicked out at the same time
  • No changing rooms or showers
  • No pool, sauna or steam room
  • Extra fee to cover their additional costs
I get they have to take extra measures but it seems crazy not to even open the pool. I can't be bothered with all of that and think in the months they've had off they could have planned to be better than this.

What's it like where you are?

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
There’s gyms near me doing outdoor sessions but no toilet facilities open so I won’t be able to go with my weak bladder :rolleyes: Until the open indoors I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing now which is enough to tide me over

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Right, I have booked at least one class next week with my SADIST instructor. Class size is half the normal size in a huge sports hall. Shit ventilation but also no air con.

I pay annually and I was considering not bothering renewing in Sept as classes can be awful to get on at a non covid time and tbh I have regularly worked out at home with youtube etc but if I take the kids swimming once a week and one class that will be it paid for.

I am ditching the kids swim lessons though. They are codshit here and expensive. Instead they will come with me once a week and we will review next year.

Loulou_23

VIP Member
I’m in wales so unsure when I will go back.

The gym I go to has posted on its social media it’s getting ready to open and needs the green light from welsh government.

Personally I want to go as I weight train and couldn’t get hold of weights during lockdown so have just done hiit, walking, body weight and used my resistance bands. It’s not the same though!

No idea how they will work it as it’s not the biggest gym. I’m guessing they will have a booking system in place. I’m just hoping I can book after work as I’m still WFH my usual hours till 4/5pm which is usually the busiest time and I assume will be popular post reopening too.

But if I can get in 3 days a week I’ll be happy!