Votes: 11 17.7%
  • nope, to much hassel

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • nope, rather do non gym workouts

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • yes

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gyms reopening, yay!

But think I'm going to skip it as for mine you now have to:
  • Keep workouts to 45 mins or less
  • Book your session in advance and turn up on time to make sure you get your full 45 mins, then everyone will be kicked out at the same time
  • No changing rooms or showers
  • No pool, sauna or steam room
  • Extra fee to cover their additional costs
I get they have to take extra measures but it seems crazy not to even open the pool. I can't be bothered with all of that and think in the months they've had off they could have planned to be better than this.

What's it like where you are?

We have to book a session - it's an hour slot.
I don't know how many people can go at a time.
No changing room / shower facilities open.
There's no pool / extras at mine!

I'm looking forward to going :) But I'll see how it goes in terms of distancing etc.

There’s gyms near me doing outdoor sessions but no toilet facilities open so I won’t be able to go with my weak bladder :rolleyes: Until the open indoors I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing now which is enough to tide me over

I am not going. Gyms here have been reopened for a month now and already multiple have shut back down because of breakouts, whether at their own facility or a member/staff has been in contact with someone else who tested positive. Toilets, change rooms and showers etc are not allowed to be used.
I've got a home gym in the basement set up and am really happy with that.

Reactions: 1
I do Hot Yoga and I can't see that opening back up any time soon. Too many bodily fluids and people on top of eachother at the best of times. No idea how it will be policed or even sanitised.

I considered joining a gym instead but if its gonna be that much faff there is absolutely no chance! ill stick to running for now :-(

Ours is allowing an hour at a time, they have also opened up the pool and hot tub (30 mins). The did say in their emails you didn't have to come back and at £83 a month I am not happy to go back under these rules. Every other machine is not for use, limited number and it's a really small gym anyway. I haven't even tried to book on as they opened them today. There are some people who used to go everyday and I doubt there will be any slors left.

I'm going to contact mine about putting it on hold as I am not happy to go back.

Ours is allowing an hour at a time, they have also opened up the pool and hot tub (30 mins). The did say in their emails you didn't have to come back and at £83 a month I am not happy to go back under these rules. Every other machine is not for use, limited number and it's a really small gym anyway. I haven't even tried to book on as they opened them today. There are some people who used to go everyday and I doubt there will be any slors left.

I'm going to contact mine about putting it on hold as I am not happy to go back.
I did have mine on hold and then cancelled it this month as I don't see myself going back this year.

I did have mine on hold and then cancelled it this month as I don't see myself going back this year.
I want to go back to work and if I get it or have to isolate because of the gym I won’t be happy. I’m going to call them tomorrow about the options, I’ve not done my 12 months yet but I guess this is exceptional.

I want to go back but feeling really anxious about it. We’re still awaiting an email giving us all the details but so far I know it’s the same as a lot of you, 1 hour, book in advance, no showers. I thought I might wait a month and see what happens

Even with all the precautions and safety measures, I won't be returning to the gym until next year. Pre-lockdown I had a 4/5 times-a-week gym habit but I've managed to stay in shape at home with weights, resistance bands, HIIT etc. Knowing how the gym bros huff and puff at the best of times, I feel my safety trumps my need to use a leg press 😐

Reactions: 4
My gym, Bannatyne, has everything pretty much open, except Sauna and cold rooms.
You don’t need to book a slot to use the gym (machines, weights etc) and classes are accepting fewer bookings. They will check your temperature upon arrival, you’re asked to be ‘gym and pool ready‘. You need to wear a mask at all times unless you’re exercising. Incredibly, the pool is also open with lanes and children swimming time.

I’m going back on Saturday. I’m desperate to return. Although I have a spin bike, weights, steps etc...I’m simply not motivated enough to regularly work out at home and after foot surgery I can’t run on pavement. Strangely, I’ve always socially distanced at the gym anyways. I’m sweaty and look like tit so I keep my head down and get on with it. I truly don‘t care about shops reopening, pubs, restaurants etc but I NEED THE GYM for my sanity. It’s MY time away from the kids, work, husband. I won’t use the pool and most likely will cancel the children’s memberships because I draw the line at joining them in the pool.

Reactions: 5
I paid a bulk 'rest of academic year' fee in January and they've just opened back up.
I've managed to push my restart until mid-September but I cannot imagine being back at all.

They say in emails that they've move equipment for it to be social distanced, but it isn't a massive gym! Maybe team sport rooms will have regular equipment inside for a while?
But at the same time I need the motivation of a gym personally! So I am looking forward to being able to go back safely.

Actually my question wasn’t fair as everyone is taking a different approach. 1) I’m in Scotland so not the same timeline as England and 2) it’s the local authority swimming pool so likely to be longer than private ones

I've read the email from mine several times and as far as I can tell

No need to book
Keep distance from other members
Sanitizer throughout the gym
Wipe down equipment after use
Arrive/leave in gym wear ie. don't use the changing rooms
Not allowed to bring towels
They have a special 'electrostatic' gun which sanitises and creates an invisible barrier which they will be using regularly?! (in my head it has a laser 😂)

It's a fair sized gym but they've posted pics up on their Instagram and none of the equipment is any further apart than normal.

I can't decide whether to go or not. My boyfriend is going when it opens on Saturday but I'm in two minds.

• Wow
Right, I have booked at least one class next week with my SADIST instructor. Class size is half the normal size in a huge sports hall. tit ventilation but also no air con.

I pay annually and I was considering not bothering renewing in Sept as classes can be awful to get on at a non covid time and tbh I have regularly worked out at home with youtube etc but if I take the kids swimming once a week and one class that will be it paid for.

I am ditching the kids swim lessons though. They are codshit here and expensive. Instead they will come with me once a week and we will review next year.

I’m in wales so unsure when I will go back.

The gym I go to has posted on its social media it’s getting ready to open and needs the green light from welsh government.

Personally I want to go as I weight train and couldn’t get hold of weights during lockdown so have just done hiit, walking, body weight and used my resistance bands. It’s not the same though!

No idea how they will work it as it’s not the biggest gym. I’m guessing they will have a booking system in place. I’m just hoping I can book after work as I’m still WFH my usual hours till 4/5pm which is usually the busiest time and I assume will be popular post reopening too.

But if I can get in 3 days a week I’ll be happy!

Were ready to re open Saturday.
1 hour slots for the gym (pre booked only). No changing facilities.
1 hour slots for swimming (pre booked only).
Limited classes due to cleaning in-between.

Half an hour between these times for cleaning equipment and changing areas (pool change).

Alot of customers are complaining 😒Were offering free use until October and it won't be any extra when their payments re start.

Is there any indication as to when pools will reopen?
Were re opening saturday (England)