Going back to the gym post COVID lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine is reopening Saturday but I don’t know whether I will go back at all, I have got on so well with working out at home and I’m working out more now than I ever did at the gym (even now I am back working at the office and busier in general.)I think I’m going to freeze membership for another month and decide after that.

Reactions: 1
I think I'm going to wait for a while. Wait for it all to settle down a bit. The thing I miss the most is the pool

Reactions: 2
Should have had two options for going back, straight away and in a bit!

I think hour sessions are fine, the 45 mins here then a 15 min clean between sessions is over the top. I doubt they'll actually keep that up for long.

I'll be back in as soon as the pools reopen which they're still not giving a date for here. My back needs it!

I'm a 6x a week regular gym goer so was desperate for them to reopen. I only live 6 mins jog from it and since we didn't know how long gyms were going to be closed for, I didn't want to spend lots of money on free weights etc in lockdown (they went up in price anyway!)

I wasn't going to rush back on the first day as I thought it would be manic, but they decided to put the yoga class on so I DID NOT want to lose my space in the class if it was full (it's a great class and always has a waiting list, plus it's done as a block so once you've lost your spot it's 6 weeks before you can try again). Only 5 people came for the yoga (out of 15) and the room was really spread out.
Saw one of the HIIT classes, that was a bit dodgy as people were sweating all over each other and very close at times during exercise.

Most people in the main gym are clearing things away and being decent- there's a 50 person cap in the gym and each session is for 1 hour. You can't book more than 1 session a day and have to clean down your equipment.

Lots of people aren't coming back just yet, I don't blame them but the gym seems to be doing as much as it can to keep clean and safe.

I've never been a good home fitness person, I just don't enjoy it and have been looking forward to going back. Telling though how loads of people on the gyms FB page were banging on about going straight back and none of them have.......

I'm a Pure Gym member and luckily they've given people the option to freeze for a further month if they don't feel ready to go back yet. I only really use the weights room and despite them taping out squares for workout space in there, I really can't get my head around how it will work in practice as I can't see everyone cleaning every single plate and dumbbell after every use. Plenty of people must disagree though as I walked past my branch yesterday around 5.30pm and the car park looked almost as busy as it would have been at that time of day in normal times.

I've surprised myself by being pretty motivated with home workouts during lockdown, thought I'd be lazy but I've been fairly consistent. I was lucky in that I already had a couple of kettlebells and some spinlock dumbbells though, I think I would have given up on purely bodyweight exercises by now. I have missed the heavy weights for lower body but I'm really not feeling ready to go back to the gym just yet just to use the squat rack.