Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I read that for a big chunk of their relationship they were long distance so to go from that to being forced to live together in lockdown must have been hard

Smca53

VIP Member
Would channel 4 have to pay license to use all the clips from all the different channels? I just wonder if they don’t make that much from it and that’s why the goggleboxers don’t get paid as much as you’d expect.
Not sure, presumably they’d have to pay something. However, given that it’s basically free advertising for those shows, you’d think they’d get it for a reasonable rate.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
They get paid to be on the show by episode so I assume some people just aren’t in a position to give up their income.
I don't think they earn that much? They get a monthly allowance that is divided between them.

Plus it's not enough hours for it to be their full time job.

Quote:

During periods of filming, the families are expected to commit to 12 hours of filming a week across two six-hour shifts.

This means most of them film in between working full time or part time.

Emmy44

VIP Member
i believe they used to watch the whole show in the old days when it first started but nowadays they are sent a ‘highlights reel’ of clips to react to. So quite fake but enjoyable tv nonetheless.
What annoys me about this, is they’ve most likely seen the programmes in the week or headlines on social media

coconochanel

VIP Member
The past few episode, The water funnel, the lube as hand sanitiser there’s a few things that they take from online videos but I can’t remember then all but people (like my parents) think they’re so funny coming up with those jokes!
Ohh I never knew that just shows how fake they are then.

zuzu

There was an article I read today, think it might have been on The Metro, where it had pictures of the cast when they were younger and it mentioned the bitchy gay guy who wears glasses and his new husband and said the reason he and his old partner split up was because he ripped him off or sabotaged him over an upcoming TV deal or something like that. Anyone have any info on that? First I’d heard of it.
I’m pretty sure they were just friends weren’t they?

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I was watching it on Catchup on C4, and it was pulled. 11.45am. Now not listed on Catchup. I wonder if Eamonn Holmes is suing them?? Or maybe they are re-editing it! Even the copies on YouTube have been pulled. Something fishy is going on.....

hrh89

VIP Member
Not sure, presumably they’d have to pay something. However, given that it’s basically free advertising for those shows, you’d think they’d get it for a reasonable rate.
yeah I was thinking that too. Not sure how it all works really .