Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot stand the Essex family. The two brothers pop up on my TikTok fyp occasionally and they are the most irritating attention seekers going. The older one does this weird thing with his mouth all the time
Yeah, they're not the best. I'm also glad Paige (was it Paige?) and her mother have left now. They were probably my least favourite pair on Gogglebox.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, they're not the best. I'm also glad Paige (was it Paige?) and her mother have left now. They were probably my least favourite pair on Gogglebox.
Paige and the mum had a very public falling out on Twitter and TikTok

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Paige and the mum had a very public falling out on Twitter and TikTok
I read that they'd had a big argument, but never found out the reason. It was surprising because on tv they always seemed fairly close (literally close, they sat right next to each other lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I read that they'd had a big argument, but never found out the reason. It was surprising because on tv they always seemed fairly close (literally close, they sat right next to each other lol).
Wasn't there a rumor her mam slept with her boyfriend 🙃

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I feel like it's had its day now. It seemed scripted especially Jenny and Lee. The newcomers are not memorable.

Reactions: 14
I feel like it's had its day now. It seemed scripted especially Jenny and Lee. The newcomers are not memorable.
Me too, like a lot of these 'reality' shows eg. Love Island, Towie etc, they seem to push for more and more series because of how successful they were in the beginning. But so much changes during the first few series that the producers have more and more input.

For example, in the early years of Love Island, everyone was 'themselves' but as the years have gone on, it's become all about what brand deals they can get and they stop being themselves and become someone they think they should be. Therefore all these shows become boring because everyone is a clone of each other and are scared to do or say anything wrong in case it scuppers their chances of becoming a successful influencer.

Reactions: 12
Me too, like a lot of these 'reality' shows eg. Love Island, Towie etc, they seem to push for more and more series because of how successful they were in the beginning. But so much changes during the first few series that the producers have more and more input.

For example, in the early years of Love Island, everyone was 'themselves' but as the years have gone on, it's become all about what brand deals they can get and they stop being themselves and become someone they think they should be. Therefore all these shows become boring because everyone is a clone of each other and are scared to do or say anything wrong in case it scuppers their chances of becoming a successful influencer.
Spot on x

Reactions: 4
I’m so not bothered about this show anymore. They all play up to the camera now and the shows they review have changed so much

Reactions: 6
Have Germany got this band singing about cheese signed up to represent them at Eurovision yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Daniels changed, like facially REALLY CHANGED. Has he had work done?

Reactions: 7
That this morning clip is so daft that it's funny I mean who knew we should clean rugs with warm soapy water and a brush or put paper on a hot barbecue and extinguish with a fine water mister
"She has a degree in the blatantly obvious" 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can't stand Gordon Ramsey,he looks like the very butch lesbian that works security at my local Iceland.

• Haha
That this morning clip is so daft that it's funny I mean who knew we should clean rugs with warm soapy water and a brush or put paper on a hot barbecue and extinguish with a fine water mister
"She has a degree in the blatantly obvious" 🤣🤣
It might be the only time I've agreed with Stephen Webb.

Reactions: 1
That Baggs family so over exaggerate their reactions to everything.
I will always have a fondness for Gogglebox. But it is a victim of its own success. As @Snowfairy08 said it is almost impossible now to find 'normal' people who won't play up to the camera. They all seem to be looking for a punchline.

I like Gogglebox, I missed the first few years through deciding that watching people watching television was a crap idea. I started watching a couple of years ago. I love the Sidikis, the Malones, Pete and Sophie, Lee and Jenny and the 3 T brothers. I also quite like Giles and Mary, the Welsh couple and most others. It is just a light hearted summary of some of the weeks telly for me (most of which I haven't seen).I

I am sure some scenes are a bit contrived, not bothered, I still find it funny and entertaining.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.