Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 political angles in one show 😴😴 there's so much TV and more enjoyable things they could be watching

Reactions: 4
2 political angles in one show 😴😴 there's so much TV and more enjoyable things they could be watching
i truly hate when they watch the news (unless it’s a funny or celebrity story) - it always drags the tone of the show down. like you say, there’s so much enjoyable stuff they could be watching.

i don’t watch made in chelsea but i could honestly watch a whole episode of googlebox watching just that. for some reason it’s a show that brings out the best in them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i truly hate when they watch the news (unless it’s a funny or celebrity story) - it always drags the tone of the show down. like you say, there’s so much enjoyable stuff they could be watching.
I know - because they all say the same thing. It would be far more entertaining if there were differing political viewpoints. I can't believe Mary doesn't love Boris for instance.
Plus I want Gogglebox to be an escape from the bloody news.

Reactions: 8
I know - because they all say the same thing. It would be far more entertaining if there were differing political viewpoints. I can't believe Mary doesn't love Boris for instance.
Exactly if we're going on "stereotypes" Mary is tories, pete and his sister are Labour. Don't shoot me I haven't watched it yet

Reactions: 6
I liked this episode. I especially liked their reactions to the shouty American women. I'd find it funny even without the comments...the way the pair started screaming as soon as she opened the door really got me. 😂 And then there was that nutcase presenter of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Then Maeva (or however you spell her name) from MIC, who increasingly reminds me of Villanelle. So many 'unique' characters.

Reactions: 7
I liked this episode. I especially liked their reactions to the shouty American women. I'd find it funny even without the comments...the way the pair started screaming as soon as she opened the door really got me. 😂 And then there was that nutcase presenter of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Then Maeva (or however you spell her name) from MIC, who increasingly reminds me of Villanelle. So many 'unique' characters.
that “cleaning up” show was the best part of the episode for me 🤣 the way they were so blown away by a shoe rack! best episode for a while - apart from the news stuff.

maeva makes me want to watch made in chelsea. she cannot be a real person.

Reactions: 6
I think Mary has been quite open about being a Tory in the past but even she isn't happy with Boris.

Reactions: 7
The thing about them inserting news segments is that it’s just not believable that sitting down for the evening news is the first time they would hear some of these stories, but they make them react as if it’s new. Prince Philip’s death was a prime example, it had been all over social media / online / TV / radio all day and yet they all acted shocked to watch the news (or inconceivably were all filming GB when the news broke)

Reactions: 18
The thing about them inserting news segments is that it’s just not believable that sitting down for the evening news is the first time they would hear some of these stories, but they make them react as if it’s new. Prince Philip’s death was a prime example, it had been all over social media / online / TV / radio all day and yet they all acted shocked to watch the news (or inconceivably were all filming GB when the news broke)
Even some of the non news programmes they watch have this problem. Last year watching F1 Drive to Survive, Grosjeans fireball crash at Bahrain. It was a major news story because it was a miracle. And Marcus is sitting their as an F1 fan. And there they were pretending it was new to them, especially Marcus pretending to not know the outcome was so fake.

Reactions: 9
Even some of the non news programmes they watch have this problem. Last year watching F1 Drive to Survive, Grosjeans fireball crash at Bahrain. It was a major news story because it was a miracle. And Marcus is sitting their as an F1 fan. And there they were pretending it was new to them, especially Marcus pretending to not know the outcome was so fake.
that really bugs me too! they watched drive to survive again a few episodes ago with max’s crash at silverstone and marcus (after telling misha it had been the best season ever) did the same thing again - yelling “oh my god he’s crashed! look! is he okay?” etc, when he’d obviously seen it all before the first time around.

it’s the same when they have them watch really famous films and they react as though it’s the very first time. as a viewer, i’d rather if they just honestly said their favourite part was coming up or something 🤣

Reactions: 9
that “cleaning up” show was the best part of the episode for me 🤣 the way they were so blown away by a shoe rack! best episode for a while - apart from the news stuff.

maeva makes me want to watch made in chelsea. she cannot be a real person.
Haha. Well I don't like Made in Chelsea, but live with someone who's watched it right from the beginning. I'm not sure how much of her personality is for the cameras, but can confirm that onscreen Maeva is always that angry. 😆

The one thing that really annoys me is when they watch a show on Netflix every week like it’s not something you can binge watch

No update but good to see Ellie out and about with her friends :)
Do you think she called the paps on herself? Why an earth would they be there otherwise? She’s barely a Z list celeb

Reactions: 3
Do you think she called the paps on herself? Why an earth would they be there otherwise? She’s barely a Z list celeb
I would hope she didn't. But the story has attracted press attention. Wouldn't surprise me if The Sun were trying to be dicks and finding information they aren't entitled to.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.