Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was just nice to watch a gogglebox without hearing Sophies fake flirty annoying giggle at everything Pete says

Reactions: 12
I think that's just the way she is. Mel c made me laugh when they were talking about pigman and she said 'is he half pig half man? I've met a few of them'. :ROFLMAO:
I liked how Mel C spoke in her "normal" voice to her brother instead of the telephone voice she uses in interviews,

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It was just nice to watch a gogglebox without hearing Sophies fake flirty annoying giggle at everything Pete says
Agree. Surprised that I enjoyed Tom Jones being on the programme. Thought he fitted in really well.

Just watching Celebrity Googlebox tonight, and thinking how uninspiring all their Celebrity homes are??
I doubt if many of them are their real homes, far more likely to just be filming locations that they just turn up to for a couple of hours to watch what they're told to watch and film their comments!

Definitely!

I thought Clare Balding seemed really rude to her wife.
I thought it must be her mother until my partner explained who it was!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When Stacey Solomon & Joe Swash were on it last year, I'm sure their home was used as they swapped the sofas over for filming

Reactions: 5
Denise van Outens house is used but I doubt that was Tom Jones. I had to add to this because I love Tom Jones. I thought he was great with Anne Marie. He is my secret crush and has been for years. When he said he was dyslexic but is good at reading so he can read a text but can’t reply. Anne Marie said I’m dyslexic too and the opposite. That’s good he said we can get together I’ll read the text and you can do the reply. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Have they doubled the amount of celebs? It seemed like way too many! Glad to see Shaun and Bez back though 🥰🥰🥰
I don’t enjoy watching Laura Whitmore/husband and Sunetra/Georgia because they are always scoffing pizza, I can’t stand it!! They spent every episode last time doing it too!

Reactions: 4
He just annoys me full stop. In the war he would be the spiv selling stuff on the black market. He has that air about him.
my husband always takes the piss out of his uber overdone mockney accent. he said he's like the husband in the Catherine Tate sketch where he goes "What are you like?"
Screenshot_20210605-164302_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tom Jones’ real laugh last night was hilarious. It’s usually just a put on couple of hahas but that last night was great. Loved it. I can’t stand whitmore 🤦🏼‍♀️. My partner was shocked to see Mel C’s brother. He’s followed him for years without realising they were related. He’s a motor racing commentator apparently

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I dislike Denise van Outens bloke. When she met him he was a city trader. When he asked her to marry him he went to his bosses and said obvs as I’m now engaged to a mega famous person I’m handing in my notice but I’d like £10 000 to go. They said well you can go but we’re not paying you. So he stole a list of clients names. Anyway it ended up in an employment tribunal. He had to give all the data back he’d stolen but didn’t get any type of compensation. Now he spends his days living off Denise blagging free stuff off Instagram and pretending he’s nice!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Apparently, regardless of how many family members there are, each family is paid £1,500 a month, or £125 for every hour they have to watch.

And then of course many start earning a lot more as 'influencers'.
Haven’t read further down the thread yet as to whether anyone else has replied to this but I know for a fact that the cast of gogglebox can’t actually do much in terms of being an influencer/getting more famous/well known for something other than gogglebox. Take for instance the lad from the malone family who left the show, it was because he was getting veryyyyy popular on tik tok, same as the baggs family, they had to weigh up what was best, making a name for themselves by being on TV once a week or making a name for themselves on Instagram/social media and earning from that. They all say it’s because they didn’t have time/were pursuing other opportunities but it’s basically just what they have to say for quitting the show lol.
They also get all their food and drink given to them for filming on top of the £1.5k wage, they can order as much or as little as they want and it gets dropped off at the start of the week for filming.

Haven’t read further down the thread yet as to whether anyone else has replied to this but I know for a fact that the cast of gogglebox can’t actually do much in terms of being an influencer/getting more famous/well known for something other than gogglebox. Take for instance the lad from the malone family who left the show, it was because he was getting veryyyyy popular on tik tok, same as the baggs family, they had to weigh up what was best, making a name for themselves by being on TV once a week or making a name for themselves on Instagram/social media and earning from that. They all say it’s because they didn’t have time/were pursuing other opportunities but it’s basically just what they have to say for quitting the show lol.
They also get all their food and drink given to them for filming on top of the £1.5k wage, they can order as much or as little as they want and it gets dropped off at the start of the week for filming.
So if this is a "fact" what about scarlett moffatt then?

The Baggs family? They were only on for one series and were rubbish! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.