Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've trained with an actual working 'celebrity' makeup artist, and know that they detest this show because it gives nothing about the real artistry, technique or reality of being a successful, working MUA.
It's gone down the line of all reality talent shows now, and it's more about the backstory and trauma of the contestants and has duck all to do with the make up at all.
The standard of work is much lower than previous series now, probably because they're going for people who are self-taught from YouTube and Insta, rather than trained MUAs who know the importance of skin care and a great base over and above anything else.
Same as Bake Off.

Started with ordinary women people who could make a good sponge (and everywhere people watching thought "Oooh! Warming the jam first! That's genius - I could do that! " etc) and then ended up with neurodivergent transgender blokes in drag building a scale model of the Kremlin out of shortbread and spun sugar.*

It got silly.

I stopped watching.

I wanted something I could both enjoy watching and learn from, and it lost all of that.

*Not quite, but you know what I mean

Edit. 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Same as Bake Off.

Started with ordinary women people who could make a good sponge (and everywhere people watching thought "Oooh! Warming the jam first! That's genius - I could do that! " etc) and then ended up with neurodivergent transgender blokes in drag building a scale model of the Kremlin out of shortbread and spun sugar.*

It got silly.

I stopped watching.

I wanted something I could both enjoy watching and learn from, and it lost all of that.

*Not quite, but you know what I mean

Edit. 🥕
It's 8am and you've already made the comment of the day 🤣 GENIUS!!!!

Hilarious, but absolutely spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I actually liked the way that most of them used makeup and demonstrated blending and stuff this week. Rossi's look was hideous.

Reactions: 2
So youve got Val who's done runway looks for Alexander Mcqueen and Dominc whos worked at mac judging what looks like kids face painting.
The head to head at the end is the most precise and skillful test