Gladiators

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved the show as a kid and even enjoyed the Sky 1 remake. Shadow has changed from his glory days of demolishing people at Duel.....

It's sad seeing someone go that way. It's easy to judge but he went from nothing to being one on one of the most recognised shows on TV and clearly hasn't coped well since. I am not making excuses for him he's a bad person and needs a prison sentences, but he needs help too.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I bloody loved Gladiators. Me and my husband randomly watched an old early episode we found on YouTube for a laugh and my 6 year old LOVED it and keeps asking to watch more!

Reactions: 2
Baywatch and Gladiators was essential viewing for 5 year old me in the mid 90's. I think they were on back to back.

I wasn't a fan of the Sky version, they seemed to cheap out on it. If they threw some money at it I'd open for it to come back. Would probably need to be on one of the main channels again.

I went to watch it live in Birmingham it was amazing, I had a wolf t shirt 😂

• Heart
Loved the show as a kid and even enjoyed the Sky 1 remake. Shadow has changed from his glory days of demolishing people at Duel.....

It's sad seeing someone go that way. It's easy to judge but he went from nothing to being one on one of the most recognised shows on TV and clearly hasn't coped well since. I am not making excuses for him he's a bad person and needs a prison sentences, but he needs help too.
I met Shadow once when I was out clubbing in London. He was trying to chat me up :ROFLMAO: My friends were saying don't you know who that is :ROFLMAO:

Shadow and Warrior have both had their issues. Loved the first few series of Gladiators. Would sit with my chippy tea while Mum and Dad ate in the kitchen, my teen heart almost tearing itself out to get to Jet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I loved the scale of the original Gladiators - it was at the NEC in Birmingham wasn't it? All the events were just massive and that was brilliant to watch.

I always wanted to bounce on the huge nets they had under Hang Tough etc!

The revamp wasn't as good as it felt cramped and cheap.

Reactions: 3
What was the name of that contestant who became a minor celeb for a while off the back of it as she did so well? Eunice?

ETA - just looked her up. Yes it was Eunice. She came back as a Gladiator 'Blaze', as she was so good. She then went on to be a stunt double in lots of films including James Bonds. She is used a lot as Angelina Jolie's double and is a godparent to one of their children! Blimey.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Good lord I had no idea what became of Shadow, that’s shocking 😱

I loved Galdiators. My fave was Jet. She went on to become a psychologist iirc.

Is there anywhere I can watch the series? I remember it being on Challenge a few years ago but nothing now. Would love to watch it all again.

I’m reviving this thread because I just saw an advert that the new series starts on BBC1 next Saturday!! I am ridiculously excited (though I’ll probably be the first moaning about it not being the same lol)

GLADIATORS RRRRREADY!!!

Back in the day of the original series I went to a live taping of an episode. My god, it was so boring and long setting up all the equipment (it was the episode where Panther broke her neck on one of the events and was out for the rest of that series)

I’m so excited as well! Ditto also so it taped live in Birmingham. My mum bought us matching wolf t shirts 🤣

I'm excited, too! Some of the new Gladiators did the T&C for one of the last Strictly episodes, I didn't much like their costumes.
Jet was my fave.

Reactions: 1