Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine he took it down before the press noticed and made a big story out of it.

Reactions: 4
I canā€™t stop thinking about this iconic moment. ā€œItā€™s about time!!ā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sarah is so beautiful in this pic. Kudos to Nadine for not posting a photo of the two of them.

Reactions: 14
My local radio station just finished me off. Theyā€™re playing girls aloud songs all day and reading out fan tributes and they just finished by playing ā€œSheā€ by Elvis Costello. This bit got me.

ā€œShe who always seems so happy in a crowd,
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud,
No oneā€™s allowed to see them when they cryā€

Actually bawling my eyes out and I wasnā€™t even a Girls Aloud fan šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
"I just didn't know what to bring, most of its going out clobber" - a legend, 2006

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My favourite Sarah moment is from Off The Record when she and Nadine are in the car going to dance rehearsals and theyā€™re waiting to find out the chart position of Whole Lotta History. Nadine takes the call and the narrator says, ā€œSarah doesnā€™t want to be filmedā€ and it shows you her from the view of the back seat with her ugg boots on the dashboard. Such a mood. šŸ˜‚ ā¤

• Haha
What had happened to Sarah after CBB? It was reported that she went into hiding, that she didn't have a manager and agent anymore and wasn't working anymore after her solo come back failed.
There seems to be some missing time.

What had happened to Sarah after CBB? It was reported that she went into hiding, that she didn't have a manager and agent anymore and wasn't working anymore after her solo come back failed.
There seems to be some missing time.
No one really knows. There's speculations earlier in the thread.

Reactions: 2
'We're off t'club. To boooogie.'

And a fave of mine...it was her deliverance.
'Cheryl! You fucker!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
No one really knows. There's speculations earlier in the thread.
Oh really?

It really was bizarre for her to completely disappear, there was some odd stuff going on with that Chad guy, which could be what this post is alluding toā€¦.?

Reactions: 1
I really hope she was able to have some sort of send off before she wentā€¦. Didnā€™t she wish for a big party that couldnā€™t happen when restrictions were strict? Canā€™t stop thinking about her and Iā€™ve only ever been a casual GA listeneršŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh really?

It really was bizarre for her to completely disappear, there was some odd stuff going on with that Chad guy, which could be what this post is alluding toā€¦.?
He insinuated some stuff about her. That could have maybe been why she vanished but no one really knows so it wouldn't be appropriate to comment now.

Reactions: 7
Yeah thatā€™s what I thoughtā€¦.and totally agree that itā€™s not appropriate to comment. He came across as a total arse and now I believe heā€™s on only fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
GP receptionists are literally the worst. The way they and surgeries behaved during covid (with my experience) is abhorrent. I was denied getting something checked on and had to travel a long way to get it checked out at my own expense. It was fine, but that's not the point as so many people would have not had things checked and died unnecessarily. :( The way they shut up shop and put people off from receiving medical attention shouldn't be forgotten.
I totally agree, and Iā€™m a nurse! I havenā€™t seen my GP in over 18 months and neither has my toddler. Iā€™ve had to pay private for toddler to be seen about his tonsils as he had a hospital admission with a ?airway obstruction. When I rang the GP the next day, she told me to calm down. CALM DOWN?

GP receptionists are literally the worst. The way they and surgeries behaved during covid (with my experience) is abhorrent. I was denied getting something checked on and had to travel a long way to get it checked out at my own expense. It was fine, but that's not the point as so many people would have not had things checked and died unnecessarily. :( The way they shut up shop and put people off from receiving medical attention shouldn't be forgotten.
Iā€™m a GP receptionist and you should not be palmed off with something as important as that. I promise we arenā€™t all the snappy cows everyone says we are. Some of us do want to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I was really gutted to hear about Sarah's passing yesterday. 39 is way too young to pass away, especially from bastard cancer.

I feel Sarah wasn't a happy person deep down, she had a lot of addiction issues and tough relationships. I know she said herself that she wishes she got to have kids. I feel for her as her and Nadine were pushed to the back as the Girls Aloud fandom focused on Chimola, instead of Nadine and Sarah also. Sarah just seemed lost and because Nadine and Sarah didn't get much attention compared to the other members, their popularity wasn't as high and they sort of faded in to quietness when if anything, Nadine and Sarah deserved much more recognition. I admire Sarah for putting on a strong and brave face all these years when really she's very emotional and sad quite often. She went through quite a lot in life and still was loud and funny, quirky and a party animal always seeming to cheer others up. She was so good to her fans, too. I won't lie, I've had a few tears and a sore throat about it. I really hope that Sarah is in peace now and her mum is coping as well as she possibly can. I am heartbroken for her mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was really gutted to hear about Sarah's passing yesterday. 39 is way too young to pass away, especially from bastard cancer.

I feel Sarah wasn't a happy person deep down, she had a lot of addiction issues and tough relationships. I know she said herself that she wishes she got to have kids. I feel for her as her and Nadine were pushed to the back as the Girls Aloud fandom focused on Chimola, instead of Nadine and Sarah also. Sarah just seemed lost and because Nadine and Sarah didn't get much attention compared to the other members, their popularity wasn't as high and they sort of faded in to quietness when if anything, Nadine and Sarah deserved much more recognition. I admire Sarah for putting on a strong and brave face all these years when really she's very emotional and sad quite often. She went through quite a lot in life and still was loud and funny, quirky and a party animal always seeming to cheer others up. She was so good to her fans, too. I won't lie, I've had a few tears and a sore throat about it. I really hope that Sarah is in peace now and her mum is coping as well as she possibly can. I am heartbroken for her mother.
I think her addiction issues stemmed from abandonment from her father. She seems to idolise him as a little girl & followed his footsteps in music. He left her Mum for a younger women & she said after that she started bunking off school & getting into trouble. Think she said in her book she arranged to meet him but he said, ā€˜I canā€™t do thisā€™ & left. She came close to being in contact with him again, but he talked to the press and tried to sell pictures of her as a young girl. She said she had trust issues & was afraid to get close to people because she felt they would leave her. She seemed so vulnerable & broken. It must be awful to feel abandoned & unloved by the Dad you adore & whoā€™s meant to love & protect you. I hope sheā€™s at peace now & knew how loved, special & talented she was.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.