Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t even the biggest Girls Aloud fan but I always thought sarah seemed so vibrant and full of life. She also was such an underrated talent - her voice is incredible.
I have cried many tears for her today, somehow the saddest thing is knowing how much these tributes would have meant to her, to know she was so beloved of a generation.
Shine bright young one, your legacy will be one of joy

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I wasn’t even the biggest Girls Aloud fan but I always thought sarah seemed so vibrant and full of life. She also was such an underrated talent - her voice is incredible.
I have cried many tears for her today, somehow the saddest thing is knowing how much these tributes would have meant to her, to know she was so beloved of a generation.
It's sad to think the passed never know what is said about them. Tell your loved ones, often.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So, Kim's sister Amy Walsh, and GA dancers Arthur and Simon have posted tributes but not Cheryl and Kim........ Everyone grieves in different ways I guess just slightly odd to me!
Kimberley is probably crying her eyes out. If we were all devastated and we didn't know her personally imagine how she feels. She has 3 young children including a baby to look after too. They'll post when they're ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was out yesterday so didn't really have time to process this. It's such a trigger for people with cancer and this morning I'm now upset. Upset that nice people have to suffer, upset that whoever is in the next life wants the best ones with them instead of the rapists/murderers/paedos of the world (but I guess who can blame them?!) Cancer is a bastard that has ruined my life and hundreds and thousands of others, I'm so sorry for Sarah's mum and family, she seemed hilarious on Big Brother! Might go and find Popstars the rivals clips now, I was obsessed back in the day 🥰

RIP Sarah 💕💕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Covid had a huge impact on treatment, waiting times and the ability to even get a GP appointment.
Totally agree. I found 2 lumps under my arm near my breast in August 2020, same month Sarah was diagnosed. I could not get a GP appointment. I got quite angry with the GP receptionist and said my gran died from breast cancer. She said a doctor will call you this afternoon. No one called. In the end, I went private. I was fortunate to be able to. It was fine and nothing to worry about. RIP Sarah. Way too young to go.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Totally agree. I found 2 lumps under my arm near my breast in August 2020, same month Sarah was diagnosed. I could not get a GP appointment. I got quite angry with the GP receptionist and said my gran died from breast cancer. She said a doctor will call you this afternoon. No one called. In the end, I went private. I was fortunate to be able to. It was fine and nothing to worry about. RIP Sarah. Way too young to go.
Glad everything was ok. Was it your lymph nodes?

Reactions: 4
Bright, brave, beautiful and never ever boring. Such an icon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Yel

GP receptionists are literally the worst. The way they and surgeries behaved during covid (with my experience) is abhorrent. I was denied getting something checked on and had to travel a long way to get it checked out at my own expense. It was fine, but that's not the point as so many people would have not had things checked and died unnecessarily. :( The way they shut up shop and put people off from receiving medical attention shouldn't be forgotten.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Sarah did an Irish programme called Living with Lucy where the host goes and lives with a celebrity for a whole weekend at their house. Sarah's episode sticks in my mind. She was an open book. Showed how vulnerable she is but had a wicked sense of humour. If you are a fan check it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
still really saddened by the news of Sarah's passing. Sending her family all the love in the world 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Brian May paid her tribute on Instagram too. I don’t know why but that broke me. What an honour to have such a lovely man highlight her life and talent.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Brian May paid her tribute on Instagram too. I don’t know why but that broke me. What an honour to have such a lovely man highlight her life and talent.
Especially as she died on what would have been Freddie Mercury’s 75th birthday so he was already sad about this day coming around and then obviously what happened to Sarah upset him as well

Cheryl has posted her tribute

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What a legend ❤ they’ve just been discussing Sarah on Radio 2 with Jeremy Vine, really sad

Reactions: 5
I love that all the girls tributes have some reference to the grieving fans. I’d give anything to go back to Twitter between 2011-2014. Girls Aloud, particularly Cheryl and Sarah were great when it came to interacting with us fans. Regularly following us, having tweet sprees. I miss it. I’ve had many DM’s from Sarah, she was such an amazing person. Im gutted she won’t be here for GA’s 20 year anniversary next year, she would have loved to have celebrated that 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sack whichever BBC idiot did that. I understand mistakes happen but I wouldn't expect such a basic error even from a unpaid intern.

oh my god that is so bad

Reactions: 3
Sack whichever BBC idiot did that. I understand mistakes happen but I wouldn't expect such a basic error even from a unpaid intern.

Not even surprised. Of all the beautiful pictures out there of Sarah they chose to use the most unflattering one they could find on their Facebook news report. They could’ve used the picture the family used when they announced her passing.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.