Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember years ago, I went through something (don’t want to go into detail), and GA invited me to a concert and meet them back stage. In the end I couldn’t as I was admitted back into hospital. So sad. RIP Sarah x

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Yel

💐

This performance is my favourite, it's just too funny as I'm sure they'd all say themselves. So much to unpack but it always makes me chuckle

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So so sad to hear of the news of Sarah’s passing. She was so funny on CBB drunkenly singing Mariah Carey’s Hero without a care for what the other housemates thought♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
duck, nicola's tribute's just finished me off. it's so horribly sad

eta should clarify that I mean the situation is horribly sad. I think what nicola wrote was beautiful

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't know how it's being reported elsewhere, but I really hope the journalists are including information about breast cancer and how to do self breast checks.

If anything good can come of this, I hope Sarah's passing will increase breast awareness like Jade Goody's death increased cervical screening rates in young women. But since breast checks are a self examination I would presume that a lot of women either don't bother, don't know how or maybe don't even know that they should.

Reactions: 15
I don't know how it's being reported elsewhere, but I really hope the journalists are including information about breast cancer and how to do self breast checks.

If anything good can come of this, I hope Sarah's passing will increase breast awareness like Jade Goody's death increased cervical screening rates in young women. But since breast checks are a self examination I would presume that a lot of women either don't bother, don't know how or maybe don't even know that they should.
Sadly part of reason she could not fight it was delays in getting looked at due to covid and 1st lockdown..
A nurse freind says lots people finding appointments get things checked out are delayed.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

BBC 10 o'clock news covered this well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So so sad to hear of the news of Sarah’s passing. She was so funny on CBB drunkenly singing Mariah Carey’s Hero without a care for what the other housemates thought♥
I remember that, she was really going for it! Ugh that’s why it’s so hard to actually take it in, how can someone so full of life and energy just not be here. Damn.

I saw Girls Aloud on the Tangled Up tour, they were all fantastic, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of Sarah, she had her big wild blond curls and was all “yes its me the NUTTER!” and “who’s ready to ROCK!”. She was so adorable and beautiful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He is gay! All his girlfriends are / have been beards.

Did anyone see The Masked Singer earlier in the year? Nicola won as the bee and her voice was fantastic.
A friend of mine has worked with him and says he uses rent boys lol He was serious too.

Terrible 🤣. I’ve heard she’s a right diva behind the scenes too, had it on good authority from someone who worked on a few jobs with her and she’s not very nice. It surprised me because she always comes across as nice on tv!
Cheryl reminds me of one of the bullies amongst the popular girls at my secondary school

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So, Kim's sister Amy Walsh, and GA dancers Arthur and Simon have posted tributes but not Cheryl and Kim........ Everyone grieves in different ways I guess just slightly odd to me!

Reactions: 3
So, Kim's sister Amy Walsh, and GA dancers Arthur and Simon have posted tributes but not Cheryl and Kim........ Everyone grieves in different ways I guess just slightly odd to me!
They’re probably still coming to terms with it, there’s no rush

Reactions: 14
This is a really sweet tribute from Rhianna Pratchett, daughter of the writer Terry Pratchett, and a writer herself.

57CBFCC9-2D97-46FB-88EC-DAF8E37977C7.jpeg

“GNU” is a reference to her dad‘s books, basically meaning that as long as her name is still spoken, she’ll live on.

Pratchett’s 33rd Discworld novel, Going Postal, tells of the creation of an internet-like system of communication towers called “the clacks”. When John Dearheart, the son of its inventor, is murdered, a piece of code is written called “GNU John Dearheart” to echo his name up and down the lines. “G” means that the message must be passed on, “N” means “not logged”, and “U” means the message should be turned around at the end of a line. The code causes Dearheart’s name to be repeated indefinitely throughout the system, because: “A man is not dead while his name is still spoken.”

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Cheryl barely uses Instagram but weird about Kim who posts stories etc- it’s been like 10 hours but guess she’s still in shock :(

Reactions: 3
I know we expected the worst, but reading the BBC articles just hit me so hard. An article about her life and career made me remember that that’s all we’ve got left of her now, just the past 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.