Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Sarah and family. How very unlucky. And that’s what cancer is, unlucky. It’s not a battle that only strong people conquer and weak people succumb to, it’s a disease that doesn’t give a duck.

I will stand proud and say that Girls Aloud gave us some of the best early 2000s pop. Manufactured as duck, but great tunes.

What a young age to go, I’m glad she was able to keep her illness reasonably private as that was what she wanted. Hopefully a dignified and peaceful death.

Get your lumps and bumps checked out girls and guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Terrible news about Sarah, so young. 39 is no age. I just checked her page this morning as she entered my head and I hadn’t heard anything in ages. May her beautiful soul RIP. Robbed of many more years. Thoughts with all who knew her x
A walking primrose 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Such sad news, life is so bloody unfair. I always like her in GA and thought she came across as a lovely person on cbb. I really feel for her poor Mum, rest in peace beautiful girl X

Reactions: 8
So shocked by this news. Far too young. What I don’t understand though is how she walked around with a cyst in her breast for such a long time before having it checked. Surely that’s the first thing a women would do upon discovering something? I’m not judging at all - but just goes to show that perhaps education and awareness around this topic isn’t common enough. Us women should be highly aware of such things and check thoroughly every month, and knowing how to do a proper check.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So shocked by this news. Far too young. What I don’t understand though is how she walked around with a cyst in her breast for such a long time before having it checked. Surely that’s the first thing a women would do upon discovering something? I’m not judging at all - but just goes to show that perhaps education and awareness around this topic isn’t common enough. Us women should be highly aware of such things and check thoroughly every month, and knowing how to do a proper check.

Covid had a huge impact on treatment, waiting times and the ability to even get a GP appointment.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I mean don't know if it's the time or the place but it's believed/insinuated treatment was delayed as she was suffering with some form of addiction. Not to mention the pandemic.

• Sad
She talked about it in her book, she was in denial and sort of used lockdown as an excuse not to get it checked out.

• Sad
Reading between the lines of what she said when she announced her diagnosis, she was in a bad place with addiction (whether it was alcohol or drugs or both, I don’t know) around the time that the cancer symptoms started.

When you’re an addict and you don’t want want to address it, the last thing you’re going to do is see a doctor for any reason, because you’re scared of having to face up to your addiction - because you know the doctor is going to notice.

Believe me, I have alcoholic family members and they prioritise drink over anything and everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Awful. I hope some good comes from it in that it will make not just women but us men to check ourselves more regularly for anything that looks or feels different.

I think we are all waiting to see what her group mates say. I feel for Kimberley as from her Instagram story it looks like her son is having a birthday party for his 7th birthday yesterday so she will have to try and put on a happy day for him whilst feeling horrible.

• Heart
I hope this doesn’t come across as selfish because it’s not my intention, but it’s my birthday today and I honestly don’t know what to do with myself now.

I’m devastated and my hearts heavy 😓💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I hope this doesn’t come across as selfish because it’s not my intention, but it’s my birthday today and I honestly don’t know what to do with myself now.

Eat cake and drink wine/gin/vodka.

• Heart
This is another young celeb taken too soon. It was a shock what happened to Chadwick Boseman and he was only a couple years older. Really sucks.

Sean Lock, Helen McCrory, Sarah Harding, and many more over the past couple years. 2020 and 2021 has really been tit, tit, and more tit hasn't it.

Just shows that we have to live our life as best as we can. Do what you are passionate about, follow your goals no matter what they are, and be happy. We live a short life and humans are fragile. No need to be unhappy while you're alive.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

I know this sounds sarcy...'but Sarah wouldn't want you to mope. Go and have a drink and have fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Rest easy Sarah. GA were the soundtrack to my pre-teen/early teen years and I’ll forever hold a soft spot in my heart for them. 39 is absolutely no age at all. Wishing peace and well wishes to her family and all who knew and loved her at this time ❤

I’ll light a candle on my alter for her this evening ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.