Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes re. the Cheryl quotes I presumed she might be doing a forward in the book but her quotes kind of made it about herself and her reaction to Sarah’s illness? I know Sarah and Cheryl are friends but didn’t think they were that close for Sarah to ask Cheryl to write a forward...who knows.

Also why are people questioning Sarah’s motives to write a book, it is irrelevant. Compassion and empathy ❤
Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense - maybe each of the girls have done a foreword but they obviously went with using Cheryl’s.

Reactions: 2
Every time I think about it I start crying. Its been a tough week for sure. Listening to hear me out isn't helping

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Heartbroken over Sarah's news. I'm genuinely shocked people are questioning if she's being economical with the truth. I mean seriously?! Couple of facts. Not everyone loses their hair with cancer treatment. My dad had terminal cancer and had his hair right to the end. Not everyone becomes gaunt with treatment either. Some people gain weight and appear swollen. The point I'm making is that just because most cancer patients have a certain experience with their treatment doesnt mean thats everyone's experience so if you're thinking of questioning the authenticity of what Sarah is going through, just don't.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Feel desperately sad for Sarah, such a young lady. So what if she is selling her book, she might want it to pay off any debts, see her funeral is a good send off, and make sure her Mum is financially okay after taking care of her daughter. None of our business really. Desperately sad for all the family and friends. Bless you Sarah.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve just finished watching Off The Record, I was only like 8 when it came out so I was probably not allowed to watch it lol

I was a massive GA fan during my childhood.
I went to the theatre to see Ghost in Manchester with my boyfriend and his mum. I didn’t research the casting or anything beforehand, but as we sat down I got handed a programme and to my surprise Sarah Harding was in it and I was literally about to see her on stage! It was a huge shock and I just read today she had to drop out due to an injury from The Jump, so I’m very fortunate to have seen her in it!

I lost my sister to skin cancer, I don’t remember much because she died when I was quite young. She was only in her mid 30s. I’m devastated about Sarah’s diagnosis 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My goodness!
I have just started watching Off The Record.
Less than 5 minutes in, Cheryl says - got myself into a bit of a pickle in a nightclub when I was a teenage girl, like all teenage girls do...
Words to that effect.
Three weeks after joining the band.
Hell no, I never beat up a toilet attendant in the loos like you did, and got charged and convicted of assault; when I was a teenage girl!
Jeez, how awful is she.
No sense of remorse at all.
Vile behaviour.
She might be a pretty face, but not pretty on the inside.
Utterly vile to Nadine and Sarah too.
She is a real nasty piece of work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My goodness!
I have just started watching Off The Record.
Less than 5 minutes in, Cheryl says - got myself into a bit of a pickle in a nightclub when I was a teenage girl, like all teenage girls do...
Words to that effect.
Three weeks after joining the band.
Hell no, I never beat up a toilet attendant in the loos like you did, and got charged and convicted of assault; when I was a teenage girl!
Jeez, how awful is she.
No sense of remorse at all.
Vile behaviour.
She might be a pretty face, but not pretty on the inside.
Utterly vile to Nadine and Sarah too.
She is a real nasty piece of work.
Yes I re-watched the start of Off The Record too (thanks to whoever shared the YouTube link). The whole case was bizarre or to be precise Cheryl’s reaction to it, it’s like she made herself to be the victim? She also went onto to say in that clip ‘it still makes us angry today’ as if she was the one who was assaulted.

Violence is the worst but what speaks volumes is that Cheryl literally punched down to a working-class black cleaner trying to make a few bob in a nightclub toilet. I felt so sorry for that woman and I will never forgot the injury to her eye. And you are right Cheryl NEVER expressed any remorse. I didn’t read her book but from reading the press her views years on from Off The Record she hadn’t changed her mind, again totally bizarre.

I have mixed views on Cheryl but that incident for me massively taints her.

Also her downlaying of the incident is total bull, I don’t know anyone in my social circle who got herself in a ‘pickle’ like this.

If this happened 10 years on in 2013 never mind now she would have had to leave the band. She is one very, very lucky lady.

Reactions: 17
Yes I re-watched the start of Off The Record too (thanks to whoever shared the YouTube link). The whole case was bizarre or to be precise Cheryl’s reaction to it, it’s like she made herself to be the victim? She also went onto to say in that clip ‘it still makes us angry today’ as if she was the one who was assaulted.

Violence is the worst but what speaks volumes is that Cheryl literally punched down to a working-class black cleaner trying to make a few bob in a nightclub toilet. I felt so sorry for that woman and I will never forgot the injury to her eye. And you are right Cheryl NEVER expressed any remorse. I didn’t read her book but from reading the press her views years on from Off The Record she hadn’t changed her mind, again totally bizarre.

I have mixed views on Cheryl but that incident for me massively taints her.

Also her downlaying of the incident is total bull, I don’t know anyone in my social circle who got herself in a ‘pickle’ like this.

If this happened 10 years on in 2013 never mind now she would have had to leave the band. She is one very, very lucky lady.
In her book she claims the toilet attendant hit her first and she responded instinctually she also says that other girls had made claims that this toilet attendant had attacked them unprovoked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't see why both sides weren't prosecuted if that was the case as Nicola as a minimum witnessed it

Reactions: 6
In her book she claims the toilet attendant hit her first and she responded instinctually she also says that other girls had made claims that this toilet attendant had attacked them unprovoked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't see why both sides weren't prosecuted if that was the case as Nicola as a minimum witnessed it
Where was Cheryl’s injury?! Didn’t see any pics/evidence of that. The judge in the case was damning of Cheryl. Do you think if she was hit first that her lawyers wouldn’t have faired better in the outcome of the case. As you say witnesses would have surely corroborated this evidence from Chery and I’d ask the same question...why weren’t both woman prosecuted!?

Where was Cheryl’s injury?! Didn’t see any pics/evidence of that. The judge in the case was damning of Cheryl. Do you think if she was hit first that her lawyers wouldn’t have faired better in the outcome of the case. As you say witnesses would have surely corroborated this evidence from Chery and I’d ask the same question...why weren’t both woman prosecuted!?
She also says in the book she had bruises on her face which she covered with makeup lol

Reactions: 3
She also says in the book she had bruises on her face which she covered with makeup lol
Surely her lawyers, who would have been involved literally from the morning after would have asked her to take pictures of these bruises? Honestly like I say I find it all bizarre, we’ll never know how it all went down.

Reactions: 1

I used to frequent that club a lot (The Drink in Guildford as it was called at the time). I had friends who were there that night.

Sophie (the toilet attendant) was known to be absolutely horrible, but I never heard of her hitting anyone. She did wind girls up though, smirk and laugh at them in a nasty way, say things under her breath etc. Just enough bitchiness to get away with, basically.

Obviously violence is never acceptable and I’m definitely not defending Cheryl. We all managed to ignore Sophie so not sure why she wasn’t able to (I’m guessing ego and a violent streak).

I always remember that after the whole publicity of the incident, Sophie ended up working at Bar Med round the corner. I felt really sorry for her after the case but when I saw her in there she was still horrible, smirking and making faces at girls. She was a strange woman but she didn’t deserve Cheryl’s violent outburst.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Surely her lawyers, who would have been involved literally from the morning after would have asked her to take pictures of these bruises? Honestly like I say I find it all bizarre, we’ll never know how it all went down.
It 'went down' as described in court and that was why Cheryl was found guilty. I expect the toilet attendant only had a legal-aid funded defence whilst Cheryl would have had Cowell's minions. I don't remember Cheryl or her team demanding a re-trial.

• Heart
Oh no I'm agreeing with you! I can only imagine her lawyers would have been top notch ones funded by the record company who would surely have known to get these previous people who claimed to have been assaulted, as well as Nicola to give evidence... as opposed to a toilet attendant who would probably have had to go with someone provided by legal aid

Reactions: 4
To be honest, my opinion on the fight is what Cheryl did was awful. No doubt about that. But the fight was 18 years ago and the last person she apparently hit was Ashley. Violence is never acceptable but for all we know she could’ve changed in all those years. Whether she has changed though is anyone’s guess.

It 'went down' as described in court and that was why Cheryl was found guilty. I expect the toilet attendant only had a legal-aid funded defence whilst Cheryl would have had Cowell's minions. I don't remember Cheryl or her team demanding a re-trial.
I am not questioning the outcome of the case and we all know that Cheryl punched the toilet attendant Sophie. As in many court cases we never know the exact sequence of events, body language, the intricate details and nuances. So that’s what I mean by we’ll truly never know what ‘went down.’ There is three versions to every story...

Reactions: 1
I was so hoping for the best for Sarah. I would love to see her and the girls back together as five somehow, maybe the ease on restrictions will allow it soon. It's so undignified to die in lockdown, I've seen it with cancer patients in work this past year and it's just horrific as if being dealt terminal cance isn't hard enough as it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I was so hoping for the best for Sarah. I would love to see her and the girls back together as five somehow, maybe the ease on restrictions will allow it soon. It's so undignified to die in lockdown, I've seen it with cancer patients in work this past year and it's just horrific as if being dealt terminal cance isn't hard enough as it is.
I would too and so many GA fans. I was taken aback how The Times journalist said the email was conducted via email and not by Zoom - sadly says a lot about Sarah’s current condition. Hoping and praying for her 🙏

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.