Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I was really gutted to hear about Sarah's passing yesterday. 39 is way too young to pass away, especially from bastard cancer.

I feel Sarah wasn't a happy person deep down, she had a lot of addiction issues and tough relationships. I know she said herself that she wishes she got to have kids. I feel for her as her and Nadine were pushed to the back as the Girls Aloud fandom focused on Chimola, instead of Nadine and Sarah also. Sarah just seemed lost and because Nadine and Sarah didn't get much attention compared to the other members, their popularity wasn't as high and they sort of faded in to quietness when if anything, Nadine and Sarah deserved much more recognition. I admire Sarah for putting on a strong and brave face all these years when really she's very emotional and sad quite often. She went through quite a lot in life and still was loud and funny, quirky and a party animal always seeming to cheer others up. She was so good to her fans, too. I won't lie, I've had a few tears and a sore throat about it. I really hope that Sarah is in peace now and her mum is coping as well as she possibly can. I am heartbroken for her mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

hehehe

VIP Member
People need to accept that oftentimes these celebrities are not best friends in real life no matter what they say on social media and in interviews. When Sarah passed away I'm sure her mother's first thought was not "oh I better inform Nadine and the others."

Rest in Peace Sarah. You'll never be forgotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

davidsdead

VIP Member
I’ve always said if my cancer was terminal, I probably wouldn’t put myself through the agony of treating it for the sake of a few extra months. I completely understand what she’s saying. She has no children, why put herself through it? The outcome will be the same. She’s already give treatment a good go. I know someone who had last ditch radiotherapy on their terminal triple negative breast cancer and it made them worse!

• Sad
Reactions: 23

Clarity456

VIP Member
I hope this doesn’t come across as selfish because it’s not my intention, but it’s my birthday today and I honestly don’t know what to do with myself now.

I’m devastated and my hearts heavy 😓💔
Get yourself a glass of wine/vodka/disaronno whatever your tipple is, crank up the GA tunes and celebrate, in our favourite party animals honour 😇

I'm sure Sarah would advise you the same.

Happy birthday lovely 🍰🎈🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So shocked by this news. Far too young. What I don’t understand though is how she walked around with a cyst in her breast for such a long time before having it checked. Surely that’s the first thing a women would do upon discovering something? I’m not judging at all - but just goes to show that perhaps education and awareness around this topic isn’t common enough. Us women should be highly aware of such things and check thoroughly every month, and knowing how to do a proper check.

Covid had a huge impact on treatment, waiting times and the ability to even get a GP appointment.

• Sad
Reactions: 22

BillyJean

I was really gutted to hear about Sarah's passing yesterday. 39 is way too young to pass away, especially from bastard cancer.

I feel Sarah wasn't a happy person deep down, she had a lot of addiction issues and tough relationships. I know she said herself that she wishes she got to have kids. I feel for her as her and Nadine were pushed to the back as the Girls Aloud fandom focused on Chimola, instead of Nadine and Sarah also. Sarah just seemed lost and because Nadine and Sarah didn't get much attention compared to the other members, their popularity wasn't as high and they sort of faded in to quietness when if anything, Nadine and Sarah deserved much more recognition. I admire Sarah for putting on a strong and brave face all these years when really she's very emotional and sad quite often. She went through quite a lot in life and still was loud and funny, quirky and a party animal always seeming to cheer others up. She was so good to her fans, too. I won't lie, I've had a few tears and a sore throat about it. I really hope that Sarah is in peace now and her mum is coping as well as she possibly can. I am heartbroken for her mother.
I think her addiction issues stemmed from abandonment from her father. She seems to idolise him as a little girl & followed his footsteps in music. He left her Mum for a younger women & she said after that she started bunking off school & getting into trouble. Think she said in her book she arranged to meet him but he said, ‘I can’t do this’ & left. She came close to being in contact with him again, but he talked to the press and tried to sell pictures of her as a young girl. She said she had trust issues & was afraid to get close to people because she felt they would leave her. She seemed so vulnerable & broken. It must be awful to feel abandoned & unloved by the Dad you adore & who’s meant to love & protect you. I hope she’s at peace now & knew how loved, special & talented she was.

• Sad

Very traditional

VIP Member
I think sometimes Cheryl forgets the carefully crafted queen of hearts persona and the real Cheryl comes out, she's basically a rough girl from a rough council estate (no shade to council estates, I'm from one) who's now got money and fame. Someone said in an earlier thread or maybe on the secret celeb gossip one that if she hadn't hit the jackpot she'd be living 2 minutes from her mum, in and out of bad relationships with a few kids by a few different men, shopping in Asda and going out on the lash every week or so and causing drama and I think that's definitely the case.

I didn't like her total dismissal of the toilet incident saying it was "really boring" mentioning it now. She's extremely lucky she was able to pick up her career off the back of it. I'm sure the poor woman attacked and racially abused doing her job wouldn't be able to just dismiss it.

I also remember her bring really rude about Nadine when the latter said she had no say in the band splitting up, saying Nadine was full of shit or something, when she was likely telling the truth.

• Heart
  • Haha

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I can’t stop thinking about Sarah. I’m devastated and obv I didn’t even know her. I grew up with girls aloud and I just can’t believe it 😢

I’ve had GA greatest hits on all afternoon and I’m not ashamed to say I’ve cried

• Sad
  • Heart

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

TL,DR respect people by being quiet.
Definitely. A colleague of mine was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 24, by the time she started treatment it was too far gone. She decided to come to the Christmas night out even though she was on morphine by then. Several pissed up colleagues kept saying “we can beat this” and suchlike. She just had a look on her face like “aye, whatever” people have no idea how insensitive that is.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pixie1

VIP Member
If you watch them singing the song "girls allowed" from their first tour I think it really shows that Sardine were the voices of the band!

There unfortunately havent been any updates since the initial announcement, I've been checking regularly but nothing :(
Sardine 🤣🤣🤣 brilliant 🤣

• Haha
I’ve just seen the news and I’m so upset, it’s strange but I dreaded this day and I have thought about her an awful lot since the news of her cancer came out.

I met her once, she was really personable and regardless of her challenges with addictions has always seemingly been down to earth and decent, a rarity in that industry.

I will really miss you Sarah Harding and thank you for making Girls Aloud the first pop group this emogoth was proud to say I liked ♥

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
In her book she claims the toilet attendant hit her first and she responded instinctually she also says that other girls had made claims that this toilet attendant had attacked them unprovoked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't see why both sides weren't prosecuted if that was the case as Nicola as a minimum witnessed it
I used to frequent that club a lot (The Drink in Guildford as it was called at the time). I had friends who were there that night.

Sophie (the toilet attendant) was known to be absolutely horrible, but I never heard of her hitting anyone. She did wind girls up though, smirk and laugh at them in a nasty way, say things under her breath etc. Just enough bitchiness to get away with, basically.

Obviously violence is never acceptable and I’m definitely not defending Cheryl. We all managed to ignore Sophie so not sure why she wasn’t able to (I’m guessing ego and a violent streak).

I always remember that after the whole publicity of the incident, Sophie ended up working at Bar Med round the corner. I felt really sorry for her after the case but when I saw her in there she was still horrible, smirking and making faces at girls. She was a strange woman but she didn’t deserve Cheryl’s violent outburst.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
We all knew she wouldn’t make it out but part of me was still desperately hoping she would.

Rest in peace Sarah. Fuck cancer. It’s such a brutal disease. 😭

• Heart

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
It’s actually criminal that Nicola was looked on as the ugly one in the group. She was so unbelievably gorgeous. A beauty not appreciated in her time. I remember in the whole lotta history video she was situated in front of a mirror and had to sing to her reflection and I remember her saying it was in the height of people being mean about her and she could barely look at her reflection. You wouldn’t blame her for having mental health struggles after it all. She must be a very strong woman.

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

TL,DR respect people by being quiet.
I totally agree with what you have said about the terms "fighting".

I posted earlier about my brother who sadly died of Brain cancer when he was only 31. And i hate it because it makes me think that perhaps the reason my brother didnt survive is because he didnt battle hard enough, or he was weak compared to the 'strong' people.

Its almost like the 'influencers' who bang on about manifesting things to happen. Perhaps we didnt think positively about his cancer and thats why he died..... Which i know is bollocks, but i hope you know what i mean. :)

• Heart
  • Sad

Yogarow

I've read Sarah's book and have really enjoyed it. Nadine was a good friend to her and kept in touch, she was the first who saw Sarah after she told them about her cancer and she went to house and cooked her a nice meal and then cleaned all the kitchen afterwards. Cheryl is 100% just getting involved for the attention and in Cheryl's book she was actually quite nasty about Sarah and nadine. Sarah hints at cheryl/kim/nicola leaving them out as they were so close but doesn't actually say it.
Cheryl's concern isn't all that genuine in my opinion.

and nothing happens

I read Cheryl’s autobiography years ago and it’s always stuck with me what she said when she was talking about hating school and always bunking off etc, “I had no interest in being educated”. What an awful way to think, how was she planning on getting ahead in life? And no futher comment to impressionable young girls, how it’s not ideal to think like that and an education is important etc.

She really just would be stuck on a council estate with a litter of kids if she hadn’t got a break on Popstars.