Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FLINT ISLAND

I am about 5 months older than her - so when somebody High Profile like her Passes- and you realise she grew up in the same generation as you - the same era - the same childhood in the sense - whatever TV shows and music and school was back in them days - the late 80's and early 90's.

The same Teenage Years and probaly listening to the same music in the charts and watching the same movies.

And then into Adulthood aroound the turn of the Millinieum.

This is a person from the same time on Earth as you - but they Life has already passed and ended.

Its makes me quite thoughtful about Life and Time and how none of us are here Forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
Has anyone read the parts of Sarah’s book that were released yesterday? Absolutely heartbreaking 💔 Can’t even begin to imagine what she’s going through.
Yes... she doesn't have long. Poor Sarah. My brother is same age and has terminal cancer, it really is just heartbreak for everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Covid had a huge impact on treatment, waiting times and the ability to even get a GP appointment.
Totally agree. I found 2 lumps under my arm near my breast in August 2020, same month Sarah was diagnosed. I could not get a GP appointment. I got quite angry with the GP receptionist and said my gran died from breast cancer. She said a doctor will call you this afternoon. No one called. In the end, I went private. I was fortunate to be able to. It was fine and nothing to worry about. RIP Sarah. Way too young to go.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Katielle13

I love that all the girls tributes have some reference to the grieving fans. I’d give anything to go back to Twitter between 2011-2014. Girls Aloud, particularly Cheryl and Sarah were great when it came to interacting with us fans. Regularly following us, having tweet sprees. I miss it. I’ve had many DM’s from Sarah, she was such an amazing person. Im gutted she won’t be here for GA’s 20 year anniversary next year, she would have loved to have celebrated that 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
My goodness!
I have just started watching Off The Record.
Less than 5 minutes in, Cheryl says - got myself into a bit of a pickle in a nightclub when I was a teenage girl, like all teenage girls do...
Words to that effect.
Three weeks after joining the band.
Hell no, I never beat up a toilet attendant in the loos like you did, and got charged and convicted of assault; when I was a teenage girl!
Jeez, how awful is she.
No sense of remorse at all.
Vile behaviour.
She might be a pretty face, but not pretty on the inside.
Utterly vile to Nadine and Sarah too.
She is a real nasty piece of work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Feel desperately sad for Sarah, such a young lady. So what if she is selling her book, she might want it to pay off any debts, see her funeral is a good send off, and make sure her Mum is financially okay after taking care of her daughter. None of our business really. Desperately sad for all the family and friends. Bless you Sarah.

• Heart

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
This is another young celeb taken too soon. It was a shock what happened to Chadwick Boseman and he was only a couple years older. Really sucks.

Sean Lock, Helen McCrory, Sarah Harding, and many more over the past couple years. 2020 and 2021 has really been shit, shit, and more shit hasn't it.

Just shows that we have to live our life as best as we can. Do what you are passionate about, follow your goals no matter what they are, and be happy. We live a short life and humans are fragile. No need to be unhappy while you're alive.

• Sad
  • Heart

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I'm genuinely gutted and in tears. I had so much hope that by some miracle she would beat its arse. RIP Sarah.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

SpeakEasy

I wasn’t even the biggest Girls Aloud fan but I always thought sarah seemed so vibrant and full of life. She also was such an underrated talent - her voice is incredible.
I have cried many tears for her today, somehow the saddest thing is knowing how much these tributes would have meant to her, to know she was so beloved of a generation.
Shine bright young one, your legacy will be one of joy

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
I am so gutted for Sarah, and this has brought back really painful memories for me as my brother died aged 31 from Brain Cancer, in 2011. Its fucking horrible.
I really hope she finds peace with herself and gets to do the things she wants to do, and to keep her independence for as long as possible. I hope she makes some amazing memories and she gets the right pain meds to make her as comfortable as possible.

• Heart
  • Sad

Tree_

VIP Member
So, Kim's sister Amy Walsh, and GA dancers Arthur and Simon have posted tributes but not Cheryl and Kim........ Everyone grieves in different ways I guess just slightly odd to me!
Kimberley is probably crying her eyes out. If we were all devastated and we didn't know her personally imagine how she feels. She has 3 young children including a baby to look after too. They'll post when they're ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

jackolantern

VIP Member
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

TL,DR respect people by being quiet.
This, 100% this. My Dad died in his early 50's from cancer and my Grandma a few years later. I know noone means anything negative by it, but those words have always seemed so heartbreaking to me, like people who die from cancer simply didn't 'fight' hard enough, when the reality is in the vast majority of cases, it's sheer rotten luck and little else. Even worse when people suggest it's a lack of a positive outlook, I'm sorry, do people with cancer not reserve the right to be as sad or as scared as they should so choose? Most of us can't be positive about little, trivial things nevermind something like that. It's very easy for people to push treatments, attitudes or whatever other method they think is appropriate when they aren't the ones in the situation and never have been. Or indeed even if they have, what works for 1 or even 100, doesn't nessercarily for everyone.

Respect people's wishes and respect their right to not be treated like a failure for a disease that isn't their fault.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member

It's heartbreaking that she's so young and yet doesn't have long left to live. Yet as bad as she will feel she's found the energy to promote her book with a long interview.
It says in the article they had to conduct the interview over email because she was too unwell to even do a Zoom.

Also the interview isn’t that long - most of this is excerpts from the book.

Maybe read it before you comment.

• Heart
I read the book and it is really sad.

Essentially, she talks a lot about regret, wishing to have done things differently. Especially the break-up with her fiancé seems to haunt her.
At the same time, she didn't reflect much on where her issues might stem from, she didn't talk about her childhood or anything like that.

I found it heart-breaking that her life had become so small. She only had four people in her life that knew about the cancer before she announced it on Insta and most of the tales she tells relate to her time in Girls Aloud.

I had the feeling that she lacked a sense of purpose and had no direction.

She most likely would have grown and worked her way out of this hole if the illness had not beaten her.

It is laudable that she encourages people to go to check-ups and that she talks so highly of the NHS and the Christie hospital.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

kiyu

Oh Sarah 🥺 I know we all knew this would be coming but it's hit me harder than I thought it would. On the recommendation of this thread I watched the girls aloud off the record documentary and Sarah was fiesty yet so kind hearted. I don't have a bad word to say about her. Addictions are awful and ruthless. I have known addicts who have been wonderful people and it just breaks my heart. And cancer is such a horrible disease. It took me about 10 minutes to scroll down and read the full post because as soon as I saw that Sarah had passed away my heart felt so heavy. I cannot imagine how those closest to her are feeling 😔

• Sad

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
Massive GA fan back in the day (and will still listen to a couple of tracks off the ‘Out of Control’ album).
Voice wise... Nadine and Sarah were always the strongest, though granted Sarah has had her pitchy moments over the years! 😬
I remember watching Popstars the Rivals, Cheryl could NOT sing, Nicola and Kimberley could keep in tune, but Sarah and Nadine were the best vocally. I think I even remember Simon Cowell voicing his opinions on the series, and saying Cheryl was tone death.... which then baffled me a few years later, when she became a judge on the X Factor..
Cheryl’s popularity boils mostly down to her marrying a premier league footballer, hanging around with WAGS, being cheated on by said footballer, and being pretty. That’s all she has on the other girls.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
So shocked by this news. Far too young. What I don’t understand though is how she walked around with a cyst in her breast for such a long time before having it checked. Surely that’s the first thing a women would do upon discovering something? I’m not judging at all - but just goes to show that perhaps education and awareness around this topic isn’t common enough. Us women should be highly aware of such things and check thoroughly every month, and knowing how to do a proper check.
Reading between the lines of what she said when she announced her diagnosis, she was in a bad place with addiction (whether it was alcohol or drugs or both, I don’t know) around the time that the cancer symptoms started.

When you’re an addict and you don’t want want to address it, the last thing you’re going to do is see a doctor for any reason, because you’re scared of having to face up to your addiction - because you know the doctor is going to notice.

Believe me, I have alcoholic family members and they prioritise drink over anything and everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I totally understand her wanting to retain what dignity she has left in her final months.
Radiotherapy is awful and if its going to leave you with a shit quality of life when you only have months left then why would anyone want to go through it.

Devastating news for her and I hope she has a dignified and happy time that she has left with her family and friends.

Who would really want to question that?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
I’ve just woken up to this news 💔
Sarah was my idol in my teen years. She was everything I wanted to be; beautiful, talented, vivacious, funny, brave. As a kid I was crippled by the bullying I received, I dreamt that I could grow up to be like her.
I’ve kept that soft spot for her all these years later. I’m off to put on my GA playlist 💕
Have any of the girls posted yet about the news?

• Heart
Reactions: 24